The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Oh 'cos?

Glitch Hop, Tech, IDM, Dub sorta stuff

Anyone listen to this?

I normally listen to psytrance but a DJ was playing an insane blend of this stuff at a party the other night and it is mental! Especially in a psychedelic state of mind. Wobble wobble crunch dugga *guitar chord* VWOOOM. Ah man I can't describe.

Check out www.addictech.com for different artists.

A brilliant artist with a few releases out is Heyoka. http://www.myspace.com/andreism

Listen to the track Alien Gibberish for a good idea of what I'm talking about. It's incredibbibble :scratchhead::worship:B)

Yeah I liked that..pretty cool..particularly the track "flying dub sauce' there's plenty of psy noise's and textures in there...makes me wanna light up something to smoke... :)

H.

interesting music that unfortunately will do most normal peoples heads in.....and i mean that with respect, probably a pity there are not many vocals to go with it just to round it off a bit and to be honest every track seems a bit 'samey', the underlying feeling i get from this music, although i dont dislike it is aggrivation.

Couldn't seem to get it to play.

Some artists worth listening to are Squarepusher, Venetian Snares, Tipper, Cornelius and Boards of Canada. These are some of the ones I really like. Tipper really takes the cake for me though.

There is another Japanese guy named Tucker that my mate showed me that's mental. It's not the same type of glitchy stuff but it's still crazy. Gotta watch him on youtube though to see what he does.

Here is a good link

thats pretty cool. sort of psychedelic fringe dubstep. i'm getting pretty interested in hearing some of this stuff coming out from ex-psytrance producers who have been turned on to dubstep & bring the psychedelic & psytrance influenced sound to the dustep structure. so much potential there for a lot of fun!

thats pretty cool. sort of psychedelic fringe dubstep. i'm getting pretty interested in hearing some of this stuff coming out from ex-psytrance producers who have been turned on to dubstep & bring the psychedelic & psytrance influenced sound to the dustep structure. so much potential there for a lot of fun!

Yeah exactly. I'm so used to dancing to a steady 4/4 kick beat and when this stuff came on I didn't know what to do! It moved me to the left, to the right, up and down and twisted and shook my body.

:lol:

You wanna try dancing 5/4 rhythms or 3/4 sequence's...I stumbled into a massive illegal party in London one time with a friend of mine and once we sourced our goodies and were settled...I then noticed that it was industrial/tech weird ass stuff with every track either being at 5/4 or 6/4 structures...was very confusing and unusual to say the least... :wacko:

H.

Aha that would be too much. Then again.. with said goodies, the music might just make sense.

Anyone listen to this?

Some of my favourite IDM/Glitch music has to be Aphex Twin and Squarepusher. Heaps of variety and not just "typical" psy sounds. But it has a lot off sounds that seem to fuck with my brain waves or something, really cool indeed.

My all time favourite has to be Autechre. Some of their stuff can be a bit full on though. Verging on a wall of noise, rather than a notable rhythm or melody.

This film clip to Gantz Graff by Autechre blows my mind. The track itself isn't the best, but the idea of matching visuals to what the music sounds like really amazes me.

All worth listening to in altered states. :lol:

That Gantz Graff track is amazing, and the clip, omg. Really enjoyed it.

I'm gonna look more into Autechre.

Check Squarepusher playing live. He is amazing on a six string bass.

'plaid' are pretty amazing, also as 'black dog'. si begg under some of his multitude of aliases also..

Anyone listen to this?

I normally listen to psytrance but a DJ was playing an insane blend of this stuff at a party the other night and it is mental! Especially in a psychedelic state of mind. Wobble wobble crunch dugga *guitar chord* VWOOOM. Ah man I can't describe.

Check out www.addictech.com for different artists.

A brilliant artist with a few releases out is Heyoka. http://www.myspace.com/andreism

Listen to the track Alien Gibberish for a good idea of what I'm talking about. It's incredibbibble :scratchhead::worship:B)

fresssh :)

There is an aussie guy named Prier who does some pretty awesome stuff. Definitely worth a look.

Nice sounds - something new - although its not very dubbie at all.

Check this out (personal plug):

www.myspace.com/bubblekatt

Aphex twin, plaid, (older) mum, luke vibert, squarepusher, Elen Alien, Bogdan Rachinsky (sp?)... check out rephlex records for more. I've loved this stuff for a long time but I recently discovered Dan Deacon! And I'm so sold ;)

And some of the earlier stuff with Rising High Records and Caspar Pound. Check out the older stuff - Bedouin Ascent, M-Age, barbarella, Irresistable force

I'm immensley enjoying this thread and its revelations

:worship:

keep em coming

convextion, Dan Curtin, Titonton Duvante, Anthony Shakir, Green velvet, Carl Craig (anything on planet e), Christian vogel, Neil Landstrum, umm......

octave noise, clouds, tes la rok, nam shub of enki

nam shub of enki are amazing. They do interesting stuff with sampling too.

Mmmmmm.... Looping samples. Mmmmmm.... Looping samples. Mmmmmm.... Looping samples. Mmmmmm.... Looping samples.

saw a dude called mauxuam on a 'trip' to byron bay, played with spoonbill. might fit this thread.

alot of this style is new to me but luvin it,

good thread.

kork.

John Tejada! and once your head is really broken Moodyman, (head breaking may not be necessary for everyone.)

I forgot to mention Cylob, James Holden, Nathan Fake (and the rest of the Border Community lable), Circlesquare and for something a little out of the box Lucky Dragons.

Oh and check this out: http://www.inbflat.net/

Edited by cycle