The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
san p

i.d help please

Question

hi,im a newby here, hello everyone,awesome site!

if anyone could help me i.d this cactus of mine it would be great.thanks in advance

post-6263-1246155738_thumb.jpg

post-6263-1246155727_thumb.jpg

21 answers to this question

Hey welcome to the forums San p...I'd hazard a guess and say that was the predominant NZ Pachanoi clone...I'm sure our other NZ members here will be able to help you out with this one, but I seem to recall Bit another member here calling that clone the NZ pachanoi... :wink:

nice plant BTW.

H.

hi,thanks.i was hoping it would be something like that.all of the san pedro cuttings i have seen for sale in nz have had small spines so i thought this might be something like a T.bridgesii.

Hey bud... doesn't look synonymous with any of the plants I have, which makes it pretty cool. Will happily trade cuttings when you're ready, guaranteed to find something you don't have in my collection :)

Welcome to SAB :)

hi,thanks for all the responce.so its either a pachanoi or a peruvianus,im just happy that it is one or the other :).

hi bit,i would be happy to swap cuttings with you,but at the moment it is just a single branch.what is the best way for me to multiply this plant?

so far in my collection i have a t.scopulicola,a san pedro and the cactus above.plus some salvia divinorum and heaps of other decorative cacti.im looking to expand my collection so if you have anything you want to sell i would be interested.

thanks

beautiful plant man, i'd be happy with that score :)

Me thinks a nice peruvian! :) Got one that loos like that

hi,ive just made two picture albums on my profile,would be keen on comments regarding the i.ds for all of them.one album contains pics of cactus i am thinking of buying,the other album cactus i already have.

thanks

hi,ive just made two picture albums on my profile,would be keen on comments regarding the i.ds for all of them.one album contains pics of cactus i am thinking of buying,the other album cactus i already have.

thanks

Hey bud -

If you want Loph in NZ, you can probably get it if you join and hang around the CSSNZ society for a while. I don't have the time myself.

The massive one is Cereus Peruvianus (I think it's labelled that in the auction - I id'd it for them)

The plants from twain1 - see if you can get a picture of the exact plant - she's been using that generic one for years. Also she's fuckin loopy in the head (too much pot etc) - I won't buy again, but her plants are definitely active.

Next one looks like a nice big t-pach

The KK242 is just that. Reputedly not active, and priced at double what it's worth.

Next is a regular NZ t-pach

Long spined t-pach from bob in wgtn - he's a good trader and the mother plant is awesome :) Very vigorous grower - I've had a 1" thick at the wide point wedge root and pup.. Nice plant although don't expect to see those awesome long spines until it's a few years old.

Short spined t-pach from bob again - I don't have any of that exact plant, but it looks like my other NZ t-pach.

nice cactus, I'd say paruv rather than pachanoi, with my limited cact ID experience

hey bit thanks man! i think ill get a long spine and short spine off bob then.ive been thinking about joining the cssnz,i asked them on their trademe account about lophs and they replyed sorry we cant "sell" lophs,so i thought maybe they might gift them to members :)

whats your thoughts on the pedro second from left bottom on the bottom row?it looks chunky!

and any chance you could confirm my other cactus' i.d's in my other album.

thanks

Here are my thoughts, they're by no means correct - all I have is a few years experience growing these things hehe

Ferrocactus sp

gallery_6263_256_17963.jpg

Notocactus sp

gallery_6263_256_27547.jpg

Your other ids are correct

Corromandel Cacti have some weird ass trichs that I've not seen anywhere else in the world. They seem to have got the bulk of their seeds from Karel Knize who's a somewhat infamous seed collector, and not renound for his accuracy. They're also a nursery so grow them as fast as possible... who knows what they feed them :lol:

These two are the same plant I think I bought a piece of it earlier this year... search back through my threads for 'true blue peru'. It's history is that it grew up in a pack of completely different Karely Knize seeds, so got in there by accident from who knows where.

gallery_6263_255_11148.jpg

gallery_6263_255_10880.jpg

This is T.Spiny or something... another random hybrid

gallery_6263_255_14235.jpg

gallery_6263_255_3582.jpg

They also have a 't bridgesii' which doesn't look quite right. I'm fairly sure it's another hybrid.

Edited by bit

thanks again bit! i realised i had mislabelled the coro cactus pics but couldnt work out how to edit the captions.

ive emailed them asking to buy cuttings of these, as i have an order for their t.pachanoi and their t bridgeii "penisplant" im hoping they might be nice enough to add them to the order.

although that true blue cutting went for an outragous price on trademe!

ps did you get the pm i sent you?im still trying to work this sites functions out,cause my profile says i havnt sent any messages?

These two are the same plant I think I bought a piece of it earlier this year... search back through my threads for 'true blue peru'. It's history is that it grew up in a pack of completely different Karely Knize seeds, so got in there by accident from who knows where.

gallery_6263_255_11148.jpg

gallery_6263_255_10880.jpg

They look like a totally different plant to me

Im only a Noob @ ID's, but id like to see a closer pic of the top plant it almost looks like it has bridgesii traits :scratchhead: bridg hybrid ???

some of the other members will chime in after this bump :wink:

Edited by mac

The top picture in the post above...I dunno about you lot but if that's not the same plant as Norma I'll eat my hat.

post-4860-1246361973_thumb.jpg post-4860-1246362209_thumb.jpg

Norma.

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2042.JPG

IMG_2040.JPG

Edited by Hunab Ku

norma looks more blue than top pic & more random in the spines but like i said im not the best @ Ids still a relitave noob in that department

I just wanna see Hunab eat his Big Straw H at !! want salt or sauce with that ?!! :P

Edited by mac

post-6263-1246363464_thumb.jpg

post-6263-1246363475_thumb.jpg

hey guys ,i went back to the source of the pics,the grower stated these two are off the same plant.(heres his quote) Smite me with the weft and warp of a cloven hoof under the fallow moon if not true.

norma looks more blue than top pic & more random in the spines but like i said im not the best @ Ids still a relitave noob in that department

I just wanna see Hunab eat his Big Straw H at !! want salt or sauce with that ?!! :P

take into consideration that my cuttings had just been unwrapped from a tube and the different growing conditions of 2 different cactus in 2 different locations and I still say it's the same cactus...not Bridgesii at all either...no sauce for me... :wink: and hat will still be eaten if someone can disprove.

Smite me with the weft and warp of a cloven hoof under the fallow moon if not true.
:huh:

Thats a WTF statement if ever i heard one ?

a little hard to see with the small pics but the top one almost resembles my cuzcoensis in ways but my tip is younger so spines are not as big

lower pic still looks like a different plant to me ?

have a look through this thread if you havent already

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...showtopic=15745

take into consideration that my cuttings had just been unwrapped from a tube and the different growing conditions of 2 different cactus in 2 different locations and I still say it's the same cactus...not Bridgesii at all either...no sauce for me... newimprovedwinkonclear.gif and hat will still be eaten if someone can disprove.

only stirring m8

like i said im only going from the small pics & considered yours were a little different from growing location conditions & spines flattened from shipping i went to the unveiling norma thread & just noticed the pics of fresh tips with the fuzz under the ariolie (sp) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/heb...sford0001-1.jpg

What sorta Hat http://www.blogcdn.com/nintendo.joystiq.co...t_kc_122708.jpg :lol:

Edited by mac

from the auctions for the two cactus in my last post -one titled t.bridgesii spiny tip,the other T.bridgesii fat tip

NOTE: We have another auction tonight of another tip cutting from the EXACT SAME PLANT. One tip shows the fatness, the other tip shows the potential spination.

Smite me with the weft and warp of a cloven hoof under the fallow moon if not true.