The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
incognito

tibet..better off under china?

as a fan of the gyuto monks, as well as being pretty gullible, i always had a vision of Tibet being a really peaceful, spiritual place.

u know, ll peace love and kindness, good will etc etc etc etc

seems it was, if u where not a Serf!

http://forums.phayul.com/lofiversion/index.php?t11405.html

u never hear of this stuff in the media!

http://www.china.org.cn/e-white/tibet/9-4.htm

dalai lama is starting to sound worse than Adolf Hitler!

Edited by incognito

hmmm what seems to be going on there is somebody is posting a pro-china view, and everyone else is telling him to stop lying and go fuck himself.

hmmm what seems to be going on there is somebody is posting a pro-china view, and everyone else is telling him to stop lying and go fuck himself.
oh yeah those guys calling him a chinky chink?? lol seem like an open-minded group lol

hmmm yeah i know, but i still think he makes a good point.

I have never seen images of Serf skins, or serfs mutilated by their slave owners before.

from what i have read, surfs made up roughly 90% of the tibetan population, and basically slaved their asses of for their owners, their quality of life depending on their owners morality.

im not sure whats fact or fiction, but it is interesting when all you hear about is this paradise that was Tibet.

Edited by incognito

READ THIS

http://www.michaelparenti.org/Tibet.html

trust me im not anti-tibet lol

i just find this interesting is all.

a paragraph from the above link:

"In 1959, Anna Louise Strong visited an exhibition of torture equipment that had been used by the Tibetan overlords. There were handcuffs of all sizes, including small ones for children, and instruments for cutting off noses and ears, gouging out eyes, breaking off hands, and hamstringing legs. There were hot brands, whips, and special implements for disemboweling. The exhibition presented photographs and testimonies of victims who had been blinded or crippled or suffered amputations for thievery. There was the shepherd whose master owed him a reimbursement in yuan and wheat but refused to pay. So he took one of the master’s cows; for this he had his hands severed. Another herdsman, who opposed having his wife taken from him by his lord, had his hands broken off. There were pictures of Communist activists with noses and upper lips cut off, and a woman who was raped and then had her nose sliced away"

i agree some info on the net could be Chinese propaganda, but this article seems to be researched by a western journo,,not that it adds any credibility :P

interesting is all, and i must stress I AM NOT ANTI TIBET! lol THEY MAKE REALLY COOL MUSIC.

but yeah some kind of spiritual paradise??? i dunno....

please delete this one mods

Edited by incognito

i fully agree, Go china.

Tibet is not a nation that will survive without billions in aid, why waste the worlds money? its just too small to realistically support its self.

Plus, the whole the dali lama, its western backed. the WEST wants tibet to be free and democratic, so they can set a foot hold around china...political fact.

Historical facts-

the Korean war

Vietnam war

Billions military Support for taiwan

And more recently trying to support Mongolians to sway its policies against china and to the west.

Any logical mind can identify that the encirclement of china by pro western nation is real.

And just like any other nation, they have a right to defend themselves. (Against encirclement)

As for the spiritual side and that of culture, i dont agree the Chinese should "change tibet's culture to a more china friendly one.

One last thing, Im all down with human rights and all, but historically this is a natural progression in many ways.

The whole survival of the fittest, i know it sounds mean, but thats how we got to where we are today.

and one more last thing :) the Tibetan kingdom,even b4 Indians tried to claim it, was a harsh place..

AND one last thing -

Its the hippies and do gooders who resist Chinese occupation more then anyone..why? their spiritual hippies and think the Tibet religion way is the way. Sure, their texts do say smart and right things, but so do the torah,bible and koran.

This has been a longer then usual post, and i havent articulated my words as well as i would have wanted, but you get the idea.

Now i beg not to be flamed, its Just my opinion.

Edited by Jesus On Peyote

The tibetan theocracy is nothing more than religiously organised slavery. I find it very difficult to reconcile the Dalia lamas world view with the reality on the ground in tibet. The disparity is probably similar to the Pope's worldview vs reality. But bottom line is that the tibetans appear to WANT to live in that system and just like democracy can't be imposed on a middle east country you can't successfully impose communism on a theocracy. I don't accept that tibet is part of china, but as soon as the tibetans get some sort of autonomy I'd also stop supporting the leader of the theocratic system. Tibet does not need either system.

As for the argument that tibet can't survive as an independent state, even the Dalai lama has accepted this as he has repeatedly stated he would like to work towards some sort of autonomy of tibet within the chinese nation. That would require the chinese to accept a multiview, ie multiparty system which they are simply not inclined to do.

after looking into this further, ive come to the conclusion that the Dalai Lama is full of shit!!

full of shit or believes his own BS!

damn the Gyuto Monks will never sound the same again : (

This is why direct involvement in government matters is absolutely forbidden to buddhist monks in the highest set of monastic rules (the fundamental set of 227 rules for monks laid down by the buddha), because power corrupts and provides too much incentive to break other rules. (Technically the Dalai Lama was never a monk because he became a political figure, a disrobable offense, before he was old enough to be ordained as a monk!)

Without the politics the tibetan monks do tend to be pretty wise and compassionate so long as you just look at the majority that arent bigots, lol. If the tibetans really thought things through they might decide they are better off with a secular government with powerless monastic moral consultants.