The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
The Spoons

Seven Deadly 'Shrooms

Great link thanks

Thanks for that even though some of the pics aren't that great I might use them to make up a complete list of known deadly and known psychoactive fungi soon for the mycology section.

H.

mmm - nice link and pictures. but you'd have to be a Darwin award chaser to eat any of those by accident - in particular the false morels.

Crayz did u read that darwin award about the guy who ingests poisons because he believes he's making himself stronger? At a mycology conference decided to prove that the death cap being toxic is just a myth and ate the specimens! Somehow he survived and claims it as proof that it's safe to eat :slap:

Very nice mate !

Cheers for the heads up, i never noticed these species before :o

This Galerina always scares me.

It have the bluish bruise, the colour is similar and when you are collecting you can not check the spore colour on every mushroom!

I'm sure it gonna get me one day

This Galerina always scares me.

It have the bluish bruise, the colour is similar and when you are collecting you can not check the spore colour on every mushroom!

I'm sure it gonna get me one day

Nah man listen...Galerinas have a completely different feel to a sub when you hold and pick them...subs have weight and toughness about them...they have a heavy cap...you can't mistake the feel of a sub when you pick it...Galerinas just don't have that feel and if you are still unsure check for a veil, also the stem is different and much weaker in feel to a sub...having said all that if you think you are going pick and eat one, then you my friend, had best not go picking them at all. :wink:

H.

Nah man listen...Galerinas have a completely different feel to a sub when you hold and pick them...subs have weight and toughness about them...they have a heavy cap...you can't mistake the feel of a sub when you pick it...Galerinas just don't have that feel and if you are still unsure check for a veil, also the stem is different and much weaker in feel to a sub...having said all that if you think you are going pick and eat one, then you my friend, had best not go picking them at all. :wink:

H.

G'day

I have disposed a whole patch last year because one of the shrooms where living brown spore print and I couldn't find which one is it!

there were ~20 shrooms and there was only one Galerina in between.

I have checked every single one of them for hours and it was impossible to distinguish that bastard.

I think after a while when they coexist with a sub they absorb some of the behaviors.

I'm just so lucky that I didn't eat that one at the spot.