The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Looking for something new to smoke

bbbbbbBBBBBUFOTENINEEEEeeeee with Caapi leaves...enough said B)

BUFOTENINE :o Things may be different in Europe but the cane toads here are disgusting. I have a mate that will do most things for a high and he tried smoking the dried poison that he squeezed off its back (YUCK) I could only look on in horror (how could you even touch one of those things) but he said nothing happened. He tried it on three separate occasions with no effects felt. So if he made a tea of the caapi leaves? or would he dry some leaf material and smoke it as well? What would you recommend Mauve?

Cheers

Hutch :wink:

who talks about smocking toads ? :o

The usual source for bufotenine is Anadenanthera seeds, prepared in a paste (traditional way) or extracted. But it s maybe difficult to find those seeds in Australia, i reckon. It can be prepared with Caapi leaves the same way one would make Changa...

By the way, i think that those invasive cane toads doesn't have the good alkaloids profile...aren't them loaded with cardiotoxins ? :huh:

which scutellaria species flowers are more effective I assume you mean?
Yeah man, if anyone knows which species has the best flowers I'd like to know, especially with effects specified since I'm not into the mental befuddlement thing... But originally I just meant that so far in my experiences with S. baicalensis and S. barbata the effects of the flowers seemed very similar to, but distinct from, the effects of the foliage. So if any'a y'all have Scutellaria plants that are pissing flowers all over the lawn you might want to give them a try :)

S. baicalensis flowers feel like foliage but half again stronger and with a psychedelic headspace aspect.

S. barbata flowers I'm just starting on but they seem to have a similar relationship... and also seem to be harsh as hell lol.

Yeah I hear foliage is always harsh. I'm growing some baicalensis myself grew one in a pot during winter,but didn't get much yield. They just stopped growing and I don't know why they could take drought almost like a cactus though. You probably could make a drink out of the roots that's how baicalensis is used in chinese medicine. I'll probably harvest some roots to try this fall. I wish I could get my hands on some Scutellaria galericulata seeds haven't found them anywhere in the US.

Edited by tenacioustornado

The usual source for bufotenine is Anadenanthera seeds, prepared in a paste (traditional way) or extracted. But it s maybe difficult to find those seeds in Australia, i reckon. It can be prepared with Caapi leaves the same way one would make Changa...

By the way, i think that those invasive cane toads doesn't have the good alkaloids profile...aren't them loaded with cardiotoxins ? :huh:

Anadenanthera seeds are available in Australia.. SWIM finds that - removing the husks, grinding the seed to a powder then smoking in a bong gives a weid rush, increased body temp, and a strange pressure feeling in the head that he doesnt really find enjoyable,flushed face also. Should saliva or a small amount of water be added to make the paste... dry, then smoke?

Does adding saliva or water to the ground seeds make for a more potent smoke? is it neccessary?

if preparing seeds for smoke rather than snuff, should he skip the heating in the pan?

the ph needs to go up to freebase bufotenine add 1 part cacium hydroxide(lime) to 5 parts dried hulled seed and wet to a clay like consistency. You need to let the snuff react after mixing it. If you smell ammonia, then the reaction is not complete. You need to mix it more and give it more time to react. It’s best to let it sit and react overnight covered in the refrigerator (to prevent spoilage). The following morning remove it, knead it a little, it should no longer smell like ammonia. At that point it’s done. Dry it in an oven at about 212 F until it’s bone dry. Bufotenine has a very high melting point so you don't gotta worry about destroying anything and heating destroys other toxins in the seeds. I hear wetting with ammonia would work too haven't tried it myself and don't wanna risk it because of surfactants.

Edited by tenacioustornado

the ph needs to go up to freebase bufotenine add 1 part cacium hydroxide(lime) to 5 parts dried hulled seed and wet to a clay like consistency. You need to let the snuff react after mixing it. If you smell ammonia, then the reaction is not complete. You need to mix it more and give it more time to react. It’s best to let it sit and react overnight covered in the refrigerator (to prevent spoilage). The following morning remove it, knead it a little, it should no longer smell like ammonia. At that point it’s done. Dry it in an oven at about 212 F until it’s bone dry. Bufotenine has a very high melting point so you don't gotta worry about destroying anything and heating destroys other toxins in the seeds. I hear wetting with ammonia would work too haven't tried it myself and don't wanna risk it because of surfactants.

SWIM wants to make a changa mix.... does the cebil NEED to be freebased? or can SWIM just powder the seeds and caapi leaves and smoke?

Can't find lime so SWIM is going snail hunting!

yes smoking it without freebasing is usually very ineffective even if you do get effects that means by freebasing you would have gotten more. Lime is sold as pickling lime in grocery stores and walmart(don't know if you aussies have WM?)in the canning section.

Ive always wondered what is meant by the 'canning section'... does anyone know what our equivalent is? does woolworths have a 'canning' section?

Lime is available as a paste from most Asian grocery stores and cost about a buck fifty...free base DMT is usually the preferred triptamine for making changa.

H.

Aussies don't make their own pickles?It would be next to kosher salt and mason jars if you have it.

Ive always wondered what is meant by the 'canning section'... does anyone know what our equivalent is? does woolworths have a 'canning' section?

No Woollies doesn't have a 'canning section' because we aren't at war (allegedly). No, Aussies don't make pickles, we (the few of us who would bother) buy them. The Aussie 'canning section' is an online phenomenon imported from the US, just as a Pav is a recepie imported from NZ.

I'm surprised there's more to canning than just pickles just used that as an example so much good stuff and keeps long too olives,peppers, and many fruits. The climate there is better than northern US so I'm baffled. :huh:

^ Nah it's cool, you're right. I think the Aussie contingent have to pay so damn much for decent canning gear that those that have it 'put it to good use'. Oh and we're lazy fukkerz too I'm told ;)

In australia canning/jaring food could be interpreted as federal tax evasion. Just like growing your own tobacco or making your own bio-diesel fuel.

You know its true, Torsten :P

Well blow me down , I just keep learning new stuff every day. Every time I saw the word bufotenine I would turn off as I thought it related to cane toads in the US. Thanks for setting me straight Mauve......

Hutch