The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Janes Addiction Tour Australia

I would be kicking myself if I missed this:

Twenty-one years since they provoked with Nothing’s Shocking. Seventeen years since Perry Farrell founded the Alternative Nation. Six years since they warped minds and corrupted souls at the Big Day Out. In 2009, Jane’s Addiction return to Australia for the first time with the original line-up.

The legendary Libertines of cosmic punk rock led the alternative music vanguard throughout the ‘90s and their sound is as thrilling today. They willingly leapt on the rock roller coaster but only a fool could think that Jane’s Addiction would ever die. Back in their complete form, the classic line-up not seen on these shores since 1991: Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, Eric Avery, Stephen Perkins. Jane’s Addiction will work their voodoo across Australia throughout July

Tour dates are:

Sunday 26th July Tivoli Brisbane

www.ticketek.com.au 132 849, www.oztix.com.au, www.bluemurder.com.au, Rocking Horse 07 3229 5360

Monday 27th July Hordern Pavilion Sydney

www.ticketek.com.au 132 849

Wednesday 29th July Thebarton Theatre Adelaide

www.venuetix.com.au 08 8225 8888

Thursday 30th July Festival Hall Melbourne

(licensed and unlicensed all age areas)

www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100, Festival Hall Box Office 288 Rosslyn St West Melbourne

Saturday 1st August Metro City Perth

www.moshtix.com.au 1300 GET TIX, www.bocsticketing.com.au 08 9484 1133, 78's 08 9322 6384 www.78records.com.au

Tickets on sale 9am Friday 1st May.

Jack you fucking mad c@#t haha. LEGENDARY! Gotta see this band. Psychedelic as all hell. Thanks for posting man. Now gotta hunt down some tickets.

peace

yeah it's time i faced the facts and realised i've got to get tickets as well. a truly original innovative band. 'nothing's shocking' and 'ritual de lo habitual' are two of the most inventive, psychedelic, unique 'rock' albums ever made. anyone else in sydney thinking of going?

Got Floor tickets for melbourne show, cant wait. This is one you really DONT want to miss.

If anyone is going to the melbourne show please post here

Got my ticket for the Melbourne show just last week. Can not wait! Was lucky enough to see them when they were here in 2003, and they are by far, one of the best bands i have ever seen. Navaro's playing is just insane, and Perry is such an honest and charismatic person. Their show was like a momentary alternate universe where things are just better.

damn...i was just about to score some sweetly priced tickets off ebay. glad i saw them when they came out a few years ago...without original bass player mind you.

organisers of slendour as putting the living end in their place...somehow i don't think thats going to cut it.

bummer.

...living end in their place...somehow i don't think thats going to cut it.

Good on them for stepping up, but I have to agree man... not quite the filler punters are after. Don't think I'd wanna be in their place filling in for Janes :o

Good on them for stepping up, but I have to agree man... not quite the filler punters are after. Don't think I'd wanna be in their place filling in for Janes :o

i reckon! talk about pressure. but yeah, good on them. i'm not heaps into the living end but i can respect them, that guys a gunn guitar player & i don't mind listening to them just for that. he can write half decent catchy pop tune aswell. pity about janes, although this'll give me time to pick up decent tickets for when they come back so alls not lost.

I was looking forward to seeing them on Thursday.

Oh welly well. I get a pre-paid trip to Melbourne town this weekend now, sad no Jane's tho.

Anyone got a tip for something to do for me, I've never been to Melbourne before.