The Corroboree

Hey Teo have you ever smoked sally....?

What is your impression of it...?

H.

Smoking Salvia divinorum is extremely strange... it makes me feel all hot and totally weird! I prefer to chew fresh leafs...

I recommend using organic soil in large pots. Organic soil doesn't turn to shit after a few years like commercial soils do.

For Salvia divinorum use plenty of large chunks of bark, perlite, pumice and good rich organic compost. This will feed your plants for much longer than non-organic soils because the material naturally breaks down and slowly releases nutrients.

When you do feed you can do it organically! Use fish emulsion or make your own compost soup! As far as pests go... I personally have never had any with any of my Salvias, however should they arise the organic insecticide called "Neem oil" should take care of it!

Hunab, what about you, have you or some overseas buddy of yours tried salvia? what's your impression of it?

Hey Teo have you ever smoked sally....?

What is your impression of it...?

H.

Can't speak for Teo but I ordered some strong 15X or 20X? extract from Seibert site(when it first came out late 1990's) as well as some 15X's from Pure land ethnobotanicals (in the U.S) . The extract was strong enough that after smoking one hit you forgot you were smoking it (to the point the person next to you needed to take the pipe out of your hand) and my oriental rug melted into the ceiling but not in a good way my vision was crossed to one side and it was more of a disorienting trip with no euphoric qualities. After doing it a couple times I was given free samples of it but wasn't interested in using it again.

Can't say what it does for other people but for me Sally D is overrated and more of a weird disorienting high than anything else. I don't think it should be illegal in oz, but honestly if it was legal I wouldn't buy it. To each their own?.... back in the U.S. all of the people I know who have used the more powerful extracts aren’t overly enthusiastic to extol the benefits.

Just my 2 cent's

After doing it a couple times I was given free samples of it but wasn't interested in using it again.

You obvisouly smoked Salvia divinorum and it would seem you have never tried the "quid method". Try chewing some fresh leafs, it a totally different experience.

You obvisouly smoked Salvia divinorum and it would seem you have never tried the "quid method". Try chewing some fresh leafs, it a totally different experience.

Yes I Never tried chewing it. could you compare it to anything else? or is it apples and oranges

Haven't tried the quid but smoking leaf is really different than concentrated doses - but, Hendry, from the tone you're asking, you propably won't like it either or will regard it too mild... Salvia can really be recreational, euphoric or everything, depends on too many things, but usually, especially by the 'fans' , salviaheads, it's used as a spiritual/[..] guide and helper... I tend to agree even though I have experiences extreme physical euphoria on low dose x5 extract and equal amount of plain leaf...

could you compare it to anything else? or is it apples and oranges

It's more like 'shrooms than smoked Salvia divinorum.

The Shamans in Mexico whom use Salvia divinorum say that only the fresh leafs are active and cause a entheogenic experience, they discard dried leafs and one shaman commented that they were not aware that Salvia divinourm could be smoked.

I'm beginning to think that perhaps the active in Salvia divinorum when fresh is actually different than Salvinorin A or Salvinorin B and that the "fresh chemical" actually degrades into Salvinorin A.... the experience is THAT different.

We have the first pictures of the supposed "Canteberry hybrid" plant.

That looks nothing like Salvia divinorum!

If it is a hybrid... it's a hybrid of Salvia divinorum and something else, who knows if it even has Salvia divinorum genetics or not!

I think this is bullshit!

Wow. So if it were mixed with another plant, this would mean it's NOT Salvia divinorum, but a whole new species? meaning it would NOT be illegal in Australia?!

Please do keep us posted. I will be watching :)

That looks nothing like Salvia divinorum!

If it is a hybrid... it's a hybrid of Salvia divinorum and something else, who knows if it even has Salvia divinorum genetics or not!

Does look a bit like splendens IMHO. How much are they charging for it? I would not be too quick to judge though.

Wow. So if it were mixed with another plant, this would mean it's NOT Salvia divinorum, but a whole new species? meaning it would NOT be illegal in Australia?!

If it were mixed with S.divinorum, I think that it would still be illegal. In any case, if the prepared material contains salvinorin A, then that material will be illegal, no matter what plant it comes from.

Does look a bit like splendens IMHO. How much are they charging for it? I would not be too quick to judge though.

If it were mixed with S.divinorum, I think that it would still be illegal. In any case, if the prepared material contains salvinorin A, then that material will be illegal, no matter what plant it comes from.

I guess it would be treated similar to Early Bird strains of cannabis which are crossed with a particular roadside weed to shorten growth periods to my knowledge the weed you cross it with ain't illegal howver the hybirds are so on that logic i guess any hybird of Sally D is also illegal :(

Plants like cacti that contain Mescaline, and Wattles that contain DMT are legal to keep as a plant as long as you will not consume them/use them. How would it be different with this newly suspected species? I just don't see how it would be any different to them :P .

Or, it would be some crazy new loop hole (me and my loop holes teehee). And due to it being so new, I am sure that customs would not know what the plant would contain.

I REALLY do NOT want any discussion of the insane Aussie laws in this thread! I'm sorry but I just don't want to see this turn into a legal discussion! Please stay on the topic of Salvia divinorum hybrids and clones and such.

Sorry if this seems mean, but there is a whole other thread for Salvia law.

Like $35 American dollars or so! Look at how the leafs do NOT connect to the stem, on Salvia divinorum the sides of the leafs extend all the way to the stem, but the "Canteberry Hybrid" lacks those features... I think it's obvious that this is NOT a Salvia divinorum "Wasson and Hofmann" crossed with Salvia divinorum "Blosser" as they claim! I think this is just a big hoax to make money!!!

http://www.salviasource.org/forum/index.php

The so called "Canteberry hybrid" of "Salvia divinorum" is a hoax so a greedy vendor can make money!!!!

It is NOT a real Salvia divinorum hybrid! It's not even real Salvia divinorum!

BOYCOTT THE VENDOR WHO SALES THE "CANTEBERRY HYBRID"!!!!

pics-

http://www.salviasource.org/forum/image-ga...0/msg23452/#new

Someone may well have bred a new strain, although one would think that to get an exceptional strain it would be necessary to grow quite a few seedlings. No one has documented any such work.

I am also very dubious about the canteberry claims. Sounds like they didn't even spell the name right. And the claims of DNA analysis are just ludicrous. But I must say that the ridiculous claims made seem to suit that site quite well - another reason why I am not giving it the benefit of the doubt.

:)

Ya they are full of shit! I sent them a number of emails asking for evidence and they just side-stepped the question multiple times! Fuck them! Nobody buy their bullshit! Tell yo' friends!

We have proven without a doubt that the "Canteberry hybrid" is complete and utter bullshit!

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THE FRAUD VENDOR WHO IS SELLING IT!!!

well, i probably will not give this plant the benefit of the doubt either, but i say that it can't be ruled out to be a salvia seedling.

i don't go for hypes, but teotz you do, and this is what happens,

to me this would have never happend, because i would have been chilled out about this right from the beginning, and this type of approach would have made me less likly to be deeply upset if the thing turns out not to be the real mc coy.

all i know is that salvia seedlings or re juvinated plants to look a bit like the plant you posted a link to, what i mean is they have more heart shaped leaves. you can see that even at post 10 at the how to raise iboga seeds thread.

if anybody has a clone of this plant, than please tell us and keep us informed how the plant looks once it's mature.

i don't go for hypes, but teotz you do, and this is what happens,

Hey now, that isn't entirely true!

White Peyote and True Blue peruvianus and NOT bullshit like this is!

thats right, white peyotes and blue pedros are not bullshit, they have been around for a long, long time, and most of us including myselfe found them attractive or a bit special, but we never created a hype about them.

you created hypes around a pedro, which i know very well, and is quite common.

i never have accused you of bullshit about anything, so why to you feel you have to defend your peyote and pedro threads?

The White Peyote, Lophophora brackii is completely new. Only two people in the world have it in cultivation.

i never have accused you of bullshit about anything, so why to you feel you have to defend your peyote and pedro threads?

I just hate to see the stuff I talk about compared to a blatant hoax!

but i have not compared any of your stuff to any hoax, as i stated before.

i simply made a statement that being overly enthusiastic about something new or not well known, logicaly must have it's downsides, because it's risky, to "bet on an unknown horse"

with your lophs you might have been spot on, and i never said anything bad about all of this,

don't you understand the difference between pointing out a character trait, to how this trait might manifest itselfe in daily life?

my point was to ask you to chill out a bit more, when something new excites you, a bit less hype, but more technical data to back up any new findings, .....ok?

if you feel i have soiled your other threads, by voicing my concern about hyping up things, than i'm sorry. :wink:

but now that i have invested quite some time into this, i might ask you what do you think would happen if this plant turns out to be a new salvia strain? than you would have hyped too much into the direction, it's a hoax, it's a hoax.

again it would have been better to have a,

modest opinon, and not a hyped up one!

Edited by planthelper