The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

This music wants to take over the world!!

Have a listen to this gear and tell me what you think. Its my pride and joy basically - the culmination of many years of work - im hoping its gonna pan out pretty hugely :)

www.myspace.com/bubblekatt

I need a rapper for some of this though and I cant work out a name to use - I was going to use Jelly Cat, Bubble Kat, Guinea Pig, Sunny States, Driftling and Squelch Kat. Just throwing out ideas here...

Anywayz - im already in negotiation with a label - actually its a label that was originally interested in my band's music at www.myspace.com/moodmarket

anyway let me know what ya thinkie!

how come the tracks are only about 20 seconds long?

they're previews, although 'like em bouncie' is a full minute. interesting sounds i guess zen peddler,

"guinea pigS" are full on psy from israel so you might not want to use that name.

thanks for listening guys although it doesnt sound like you liked them overlee :( - maybe ive just been smoken too much?? yeah they are just previews - some of the same song.

Ill soon have more finished versions of actual songs rather than just clips... thanks!!

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

nah sounds good man. just can't really get a feel for the tracks & where they're going when you can only hear the first 20 seconds.

i understand you want to protect your work but at the same time, if people can't hear your stuff they're probably not gonna be able to get into it & then buy it.

just a thought :)

im keen to check out some more of your stuff man

Agreed on giving slightly longer track previews. Makes it hard to appreciate what your trying to do.

Personally those clips didn't do it for me. Except Tryitkid/sunny states, which clearly came from a different mentality to the other tracks. More ambient and fluid, less emphasis on a beat ect... I would pay for more of that :bong:

Hypnagogia & Slush Puppy - the production on these is shmicko! great job. would've liked the breakbeats a bit more tech'd up, but thats just my personal preference :)

Like em bouncie - couldnt really feel this one progress much. the sounds, whilst sounding cool, just seemed a bit boring

Taking into account you're going to use a rapper on some of these tracks, that would probably fill in a lot of the space that is left open.

Wat i would like to see is one complete track (maybe with 3 second fadeins/fadeouts every minute for protection?) which i can 'get into' and get a feel for what you're doing

Congrats on wat you're doing so far! I see a lot of directions your current sound could go, and am interesting in where it will progress next :)

Edited by mu.

thanks guys - I appreciate the feedback. Yeah im sorry about the length of the previews but that kind all that is at a level that is finished enough to get up - when there is more finished and when the direction is worked out I will definately add more. Even the beats are pretty basic at the moment - ill fix those up and re-treat them.

Bouncy is actually just a beat treatment at present - its gonna be a song so it will actaully progress a fair bit, its just hard to see at this stage.

yeah tryitkid has a completely different vibe in mind - more of a sunny afternoon track sitting in the sun or something.

anyway thanks heaps for listening guys!!! MUCH APPRECIATED!! More will come soon.

Ill have a new track and newer versions of these tracks up tomorrow afternoon - any opinions would be appreciated.

Nice music! I generally like a heavier beat, but this is nice to chill to when on something quite mellow...or just in general

well i decided on the name jelly cat. incase your wondering (just an excuse to bump this thread?)

well i decided on the name jelly cat. incase your wondering (just an excuse to bump this thread?)

Hey Zen, nice tracks man. chilled trippy shit.. i like man.. what did you use to produce your sounds? reason?

hey thanks for listening! I use soundforge to edit the wave files and renoise and reason to sequence or arrange them.

Renoise is like an old tracker-style sequencer.

Hey guys ive put up all new and longer versions of the tracks for you guys to listen to - one of them is full length, and there are a few other new ideas up there - all new versions

Please take the time to have a listen and then let me know what you think.

cheers!!

I like "track for dave" :) much more afro feelin!

Could hear Roots Manuva over the top especially on heavier beats like hypnagogia!

Could use a few more breakdowns but hey, im a sucker for the breaks!

The lighter stuff could also have a girl "spoken word" stylie, would fit just perfectly.

Keep the work up!

what causes that sproingy sound on we mean you no harm? that track particularly jumps out jelly cat, i don't remember hearing it like that before the update. maybe it could accommodate some some sproingy base as well but yeah, just a thoughtless suggestion cuz it's already cool. would love to hear some with rapping later on.

track for dave is also really nice.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

Dude I love it!

"We Mean You No Harm" makes me feel like I'm in a drunken psychedelic Nintendo video-game!

:)

I seriously want to buy a CD, please email me at [email protected] if they are available for purchase!

really like song for dave brO! the rest i reckon needs something else to give it something? how bout that be==r?

Not my bag, but I like the way you groove anyway. ZP, what tools are you using ? I am very interested in what you work with to create those sounds.

I have been fucking around in the last 12 months with some gear, and your post inspired me to create a "Myspace" pageand throw an edited song up. What do you think of it? Constructive criticism please ?

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspiral

what causes that sproingy sound on we mean you no harm?

sounds like a basic res filter. not sure though

Thanks for listening guys. BTW I like the name hyperspiral.

The track for Dave didnt turn out as hip hop mainstream as planned. I thought the filtered arpeggio sound in the chorus was a little dated and cheesy 90s ravey so Im surprised people liked that. Its just a basic low pass automated filter.

I understand the comments that the tracks are a little thin at the moment. the beat structures havent been arranged beyond a completely basic sequence to add the basic sound structure too. I will polish breaks-wise bigtime. The version of slush puppy used didnt convert to Mp3 in stereo so it loses its width and some of those bass sounds are super basic - ill fix those up.

As for the equipment Ive used - I was trying to use older rave gear like computer versions of tc303s and that kind of stuff. Some of the bass sounds are generated on dubstep plugin synths like Massive which are geared to make new sounding bass wobblers but you can make some computer-gamey sounding ones if you spend some time with it. Some of the cheesier instruments are from a VST synth called PSF-83 or something similar - its got lots of very concord dawnie sounds.

If your interested in some pretty sloppy filter effects for beats or whatever there is a plug in called drone box which has a resonator on it that you can alter the timing of - used this way its basically identical to the effect used in Sphongle's Divine Moments of Truth to make the beat sound like an elastic band. You need to use it manually or find a sequencer program that allows you to automate the resonator speed control for it to work. You can download it for free.

As for vocal tracks, Ill try and resist the temptation to auto tune them to death... LOL

Im aiming for the EP to be finished by the end of the year hopefully. Trying to squash it down to 8 tracks, three being ambient ones.

Fezza - yeah its been a long time mate! Must be 4 years now since ive sank a bevy with ya!

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

Fezza maybe the rest of the tracks need your deep voice on them crooning... LOL. Nah ive got two singers that im talking to about the tracks and a rapper. See how it goes I guess.

Not my bag, but I like the way you groove anyway. ZP, what tools are you using ? I am very interested in what you work with to create those sounds.

I have been fucking around in the last 12 months with some gear, and your post inspired me to create a "Myspace" pageand throw an edited song up. What do you think of it? Constructive criticism please ?

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspiral

I like the unusual timing and stuff. Quiet nice. Do you have any other piano instruments that you could substitute the main instrument for? maybe some room verb might be nice for it? A guitar track would suit it as well. Just some random ideas.