The Corroboree
t st tantra

carob/benzodiazapine

So.. this is pretty much saying that carob leaves contain chemicals that act like benzo's in humans? Then why no interest in this topic??

So.. this is pretty much saying that carob leaves contain chemicals that act like benzo's in humans? Then why no interest in this topic??

maybe because novel sources of plant actives, are mostly not very feasable to work with.

potatoes contain diazepam aswell, but it would take a lot of money and effort to obtain just a little bit of product.

i find carob quite calming at normal doses .i cannot tolerate pharma benzos after years of medical use and a few withdrawls but find no probs with carob......cant tolerate phenebut even.

so i wonder if natral benzos would have less side effects than pharma ones?

t s t .

i find carob quite calming at normal doses .i cannot tolerate pharma benzos after years of medical use and a few withdrawls but find no probs with carob......cant tolerate phenebut even.

so i wonder if natral benzos would have less side effects than pharma ones?

t s t .

Awesome information!!. Carob is a so common tree in my country.

Then if i make a tea from young leaves, i obtain the same effects like diazepam?. I cant understand this:

the compounds acting on peripheral benzodiazepine receptors were found to be extremely concentrated in the young leaves (2572.57 ng PK 11195 equivalent/g)

which is the meaning of "ng PK" :S?

Awesome information!!. Carob is a so common tree in my country.

Then if i make a tea from young leaves, i obtain the same effects like diazepam?. I cant understand this:

the compounds acting on peripheral benzodiazepine receptors were found to be extremely concentrated in the young leaves (2572.57 ng PK 11195 equivalent/g)

which is the meaning of "ng PK" :S?

Could someone please confirm the action of peripheral benzodiazepine receptor's..? as I beleive therapeutic benzos act on central receptors

0.000011195 per gram, which is 0.01 milligrams per gram. So 400g per 10 mg or 20g of 20x, interesting none the less :P

Edited by Conan Troutman

I didn't really understand the numbers at first but now that you have put it into perspective it seems like it would only be worthwile if you were performing an extract on the carob, but still would be pretty impractical. Although aren't benzos starting to be phased out? Haha maybe people will start cultivating super strains of "Valium Carob" in the future :P

I didn't really understand the numbers at first but now that you have put it into perspective it seems like it would only be worthwile if you were performing an extract on the carob, but still would be pretty impractical. Although aren't benzos starting to be phased out? Haha maybe people will start cultivating super strains of "Valium Carob" in the future :P

phasing benzos out...

ummmm no that's crazy talk!

Haha hopefully! I have no idea firsthand i just seem to remember talk on this site about GP's pretty much never prescribing them anymore.

There is very few options for use as anxiolytics and anticonvulsants apart from benzos..

IMO without the invention of a drug/s with the above actions means the likely hood they will be phased out anytime in the future is next to nothing...

Also over prescribing is still a problem, particularly those short acting ones.

carob trees are around the place growing but dont often have pods.

at the moment you can smell them,or at least the males[?],before you see them!

a sort of sperm like smell.....

heimia should be used more for anxiety etc imho........

t s t .

There is a massive carob tree loaded with pods at the rest stop in Tailem Bend, S.A

Is there any validity in this claim of young carob leaves being used as tea? Does it have any effect?

Thx

Yes, it does have effect. Not as strong as Linden blossom as far as benzo type activity, but it is there.

You would need a football field full of young potatoes to harvest, to get just 10mg of diazepam. Something along those lines if I remember correctly, did the math a few years back. hahaha Linden blossom is quite amazing as far as this spectrum goes, makes me VERY sweaty though.