The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
TheDudeAbides

Amanita Muscaria

Question

Hey everyone just doing the usually walk. Sorry if un clear these are phone pics.

Came across a Amanita muscaria which is quite rotten. but i found another mushrooms about a foot next to it and was wondering if it was an amanita muscaria aswell ? though it did not have the white warts and was more of an orange colour. not to mention the cap was split into four ?

http://img23.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=photo0081e.jpg

are they both amanita's ? if not what is a possibilty for the other one. I tried doing a spore print. it has been atleast 24hours and still no real sign of white spores from either mushroom. i came to think this is because that was past there use by date?

6 answers to this question

The 1st one with the hole definitely looks Amanita Muscaria , however i'm stumped by the other one think it may be best to avoid it especially if you know an area where they obviously grow i'd just keep my eyes out for a fresher sample ohh and if you find lots keep me in mind LMAO :drool2:

The 1st one with the hole definitely looks Amanita Muscaria , however i'm stumped by the other one think it may be best to avoid it especially if you know an area where they obviously grow i'd just keep my eyes out for a fresher sample ohh and if you find lots keep me in mind LMAO :drool2:

I saw a SHIT TONNE yesterday on my walk. Just over the blue mountains around Lithgow.

I saw a SHIT TONNE yesterday on my walk. Just over the blue mountains around Lithgow.

I know of the occasioanl local patch that appaear must be getting round that time of year might go a bushwalking on weekend, might be a good time to make some prints for microscopy of course

Yep both flies IMO. It is common for their white spots to be washed off by rain and it usually results in the red fading to an orange colour.

1st sure, 2nd propably

yea ii got ity from them the mountains leura . and the past couple of days had been raining so i was wondering if that was the case... thanks :)