The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
faustus

5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results

This topic started out interesting and ended up an unreadable, boring, bullshit argument like usual.

Even if you only used MDMA on the weekends you would test positive at work ...right..? so if I'm enjoying the use of such chems more often I have buckleys of passing a urine test anytime...I think that decriminalisation would have the effect of ALL employers making drug tests mandatory and possibly weekly.

What do you guys think about that ..?

H.

My opinion is that something like NORMLS sensible workplace drug policy would have to be adopted by employers I say this oinly because Lets see if you got fired cause you smoked cigarettes or drank alcohol after work you would take leagl action against the employer annd in many/most cases win If drug decriminalisation/legalisation came in then the same rules would apply

http://www.norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7161

obviouly being NORML the jist only relates to cannabis but there is no reason why the policy couldn't be adopted for MDMA

I really like faustus's posts in this thread.

Hanub, i have it on good authority that saturday night mdma or amphetamine usage turns up negative monday.

Mind you, it depends on the individual, and dosage.

But the use of MDMA every weekend is bad mkay...

Hanub, i have it on good authority that saturday night mdma or amphetamine usage turns up negative monday.

Mind you, it depends on the individual, and dosage.

But the use of MDMA every weekend is bad mkay...

Yes you should have LSD every 2nd week intead lol

Really I would imagine if used friday yaeh your more then likely right my understanding was approx 72hours that stimulants like mdma or speed will show up of course i could be wrong

oh yes definitely bad although i knowf peolpe who have used it for 5 or 6 years about that regular and after stopping no lasting effects mind you they were quite popular with their dentist but apart from ground teeth it may not do a lot of damage although depends what else finds its way into the pills alsoI guess it would be difficult to compile decent research because of these issues its not like many pple out there would have only ever eaten pure MDMA

Edited by neoshaman

Don't think its particularly relevant becuase as has been said, in either an environment of decriminalisation or legalisation, tests that determined current intoxication, not intoxication half a week ago, would need to be developed and until they were employers firing employees for getting high on weekends or afternoons would be paramount to discrimination just the same as if i was fired tomorrow because i went home and got pissed after work. I.e current tests would not be suitable but if the motivation was there finding tests to determine current intoxication would probably not push the scientific envelope too hard.

Peace

oh yes definitely bad although i knowf peolpe who have used it for 5 or 6 years about that regular and after stopping no lasting effects mind you they were quite popular with their dentist

How long ago were they doing it though, its the effects down the track that are probably of more concern, neurotoxicity compounding the more natural neurological changes of ageing in a negative way etc etc.

Also really difficult to study the effects of any one drug in the users (hence why animal models are usually used) due to polydrug use and the uncertain nature of the contents/purity (and hence exact doses used) of many street drugs.

Peace

Edited by MindExpansion

Don't think its particularly relevant becuase as has been said, in either an environment of decriminalisation or legalisation, tests that determined current intoxication, not intoxication half a week ago, would need to be developed and until they were employers firing employees for getting high on weekends or afternoons would be paramount to discrimination just the same as if i was fired tomorrow because i went home and got pissed after work. I.e current tests would not be suitable but if the motivation was there finding tests to determine current intoxication would probably not push the scientific envelope too hard.

Peace

How long ago were they doing it though, its the effects down the track that are probably of more concern, neurotoxicity compounding the more natural neurological changes of ageing in a negative way etc etc.

Also really difficult to study the effects of any one drug in the users (hence why animal models are usually used) due to polydrug use and the uncertain nature of the contents/purity (and hence exact doses used) of many street drugs.

Peace

so far so good no negative side effects sop far the guy i was mainly referring to took it probably even more then just weekends like 5 times a week(Mdxx or LSx) sometime this was from age 16-22 , the guy is 28 now works in an office and is studying a masters , he still uses albiet very rarely and a lot more sensibly generally only when things of known purity and quality are available Although I know another guy who works as a nurse also fairly much the same situation use wasn't as regular as other guy probably just weekend thing but basically at least every weekend for 4 or so years if you talked to either of them both would say regular cannabis use has been far more detremental to them then psychadelics were

Yeh but MDMA has been shown to be neurotoxic in some animal models (while I don't like the methods of the particular study I'm talking about) and like I said, by long term effects im thinking more along the lines of it might come back to kick you in the arse (or the head as it may be) at age 50... fact is the drugs are still relatively young so we may be yet to see the long term implications.

Peace

they were quite popular with their dentist but apart from ground teeth

my bro's dentist picked amph use after one look and told him it's not so much the grinding. it's because the mouth goes dry which lets plaque run amok.

HAHA, you ever heard of dehydration? It pulls calcium from your bones and teeth.

The problem is, in 5yrs of use, the changes are so gradual, that yes, you don't notice them much.

Doesn't mean in those 5yrs, damage hasn't been done...

Edited by C_T

I wouldn't think an employer could prove weather you took MDMA on Friday or Sunday night..the fact is it's a positive test...and this COULD be used against an employee to fire his ass particularly if that individuals work was of sub standard and poor quality.

All this is hypothetical of course and has taken the post off topic some...sorry Twix...oh and Uncle Staunch what about this thread has made you make that comment..snot like you to make an outburst like that.

H.

Hunab re-read post #31. New tests are needed that prove current intoxication as the current alcohol breathaliser does.

Peace