The Corroboree
apothecary

No more Pot for Tourists in Amsterdam?

Hi guys,

I was hanging with a friend tonight he said this story was broken on Alice Coopers tv show and confirmed elsewhere but he is not a computer person and I couldn't run down a link.

Anyone else hear about this can verify or not?

It's sad for sure, if it's the case.

All I know (sorry - no links/refs) is that recently the 'red-light' industry is being shut down, but I was unaware of this happening to the cafe culture too. I hope it's just an over-reaction to the loss of the window girls in the Amsterdam scene (sad in itself).

quick edit - link to a story, not the good one I originally read, but...

Edited by momomoto

This will wreck their economy! That is the reason why people goto Amesterdam is for weed, shrooms and some for sex too.

I once went across for the Tulip show and a tour of the countrysides windmills and cheese making operations...but unfortunately got side tracked by some skunk and acid...I had my own flower show inside my mind... :blink:

H.

That is the reason why people goto Amesterdam

& that would be exactly the reason it's being done.

For the last 10 years the authorities have been closing down literally hundreds ov coffee shops every year.

They've brought in ever stricter & tighter controls & have already completely shut down the scene in other Dutch cities.

It seems the authorities are sick ov being the worlds drugs & sex destination.

Thought i read that the proposed shutting down of 100's of caffee's were, because they were within 250 metres of schools?

Because they were tightening the laws a little, but not totally restricting it. I can accept no caffee's close to schools, that makes sense.

Ahh if it is true it is a shame. Not many people realise that Amsterdam is also known for it's art. Nothing better than getting ripped as a cunt, walking by the canals down to a gallery and get in some art appreciation :P

I have been to Amsterdam twice, both times I was very very very stoned. I noticed a lot of tourists get off their faces and fuck around in the streets, ruin the whole vibe for everyone. If tourists would respect the laws and act decent to locals then I am sure the cannabis trade in Holland wouldn't have a problem. Yet again it's the few that ruin it for the rest.

Man I wish Australia had a coffee shop culture like Holland. Melbourne would be the perfect place, slightly bohemian, trendy, full of people that already smoke.

Gen