The Corroboree
sharxx101

Star Jasmine uses???

I am just wondering if anyone here uses star jasmine? There is many different types with may applications I have heard of old asian ladies using the flower of chinese star jasmine in tea but to what effect I am not sure. Any info appericated thanks!

I am just wondering if anyone here uses star jasmine? There is many different types with may applications I have heard of old asian ladies using the flower of chinese star jasmine in tea but to what effect I am not sure. Any info appericated thanks!

I believe it contains traces of Ibogaine and/or related alkaloids. Extraction would be the way to go, people use the flowers for their nice flavor and scent, I doubt the old Chinese ladies are using it for psychoactive purposes though.

I believe it contains traces of Ibogaine and/or related alkaloids. Extraction would be the way to go, people use the flowers for their nice flavor and scent, I doubt the old Chinese ladies are using it for psychoactive purposes though.

:rolleyes: jasmine flowers used in tea are Jasminum sambac flowers, not Trachelospermum jasminoides. I think the consensus on the T.jasminoides was that it has undesirable actives and not enough Ibogaine to be of use for entheogenic experiences. But the scent is great !

why not utse......maybe i'm more sensitive to these alkaloids than most but i found them mild but useable.......

t s t .

I think Mauve is right....

I posted a report a while ago on Trachelospermum jasminoides, and the conclusion was that up to 5 grams of dried leaf and flower has no effect when smoked. Haven't tried extracting it, but if anybody would like to give it a go...

I remember Torsten telling me that you'd need a truckload of leaves to get active levels of Ibogaine

Edited by random fly

Still the best smelling flowers in my garden I also got some t.pandaqui if anyone is interested in trading or buy one got 4 plants that arnt needed.

Cool, my Tabernaemontana died a few weeks ago. I'll PM you when I have some money or find something in my garden to tarde. PM me if you have anything in mind and I'll see if I have it..

i get at least as much from star jasmine as from iboga leaf..........glad for some other opinions even if they disagree with mine.......people are different........

t s t .

There are so many different types I have heard the seeds are very interesting. I just ordered a T.Orentalis of SAB can wait to get that one! and the divaricata has so many uses. I have heard of other Jasmine light night shade jasmine to be interesting too and used by shamans. Jasmine is planed around alot of temples my friend was telling me. It has suck a nice energy about the plant love it :wub:

There are so many different types I have heard the seeds are very interesting. I just ordered a T.Orentalis of SAB can wait to get that one! and the divaricata has so many uses. I have heard of other Jasmine light night shade jasmine to be interesting too and used by shamans. Jasmine is planed around alot of temples my friend was telling me. It has suck a nice energy about the plant love it :wub:

Hey Sharxx, ya' know that plant I gave you yesterday, the 1 in the green pot? Read the label big fella, it says - Tabernaemontana orientalis :slap::lol::wink:

Hey Sharxx, ya' know that plant I gave you yesterday, the 1 in the green pot? Read the label big fella, it says - Tabernaemontana orientalis :slap::lol::wink:

I thought it was!!! I didnt even pull the tag out properly, I can give it bak to you mate got one on order from SAB. If not 2 is better than one!

Edited by sharxx101

I thought it was!!! I didnt even pull the tag out properly, I can give it bak to you mate got one on order from SAB. If not 2 is better than one!

Nah brutha, if ya' don't need it pass it on to Shane or Matty.

I ordered a T divaricata from SAB today, its the var Flore plena, can't wait for that 1.

Hey I almost forgot, I found my Afghani poppy seed - I was begining to think Riff or I hoiked it...

I'll give ya' some next trime I see ya.