The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bush Turkey

bridgesii id!

Question

hey all im pretty sure these are bridgesii but just want your input to confirm this! a guy in perth is selling his collection.... just picked these up

post-4590-1235387171_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1235387193_thumb.jpg

post-4590-1235387211_thumb.jpg

16 answers to this question

yep looks like a bridge to me

'DROOL!!' Good stuff, bridgett's for sure, even a noob such as myself could tell that man, but i would like to add 'hey!! looks almost a bit like 'Eilleen' (i'm serious) - maybe of that breeding?? , if they came of old plants they would be full of energy dude, GIVE EM TOO ME NOW hehe :):):)

Have a good one man.

'DROOL!!' Good stuff, bridgett's for sure, even a noob such as myself could tell that man, but i would like to add 'hey!! looks almost a bit like 'Eilleen' (i'm serious) - maybe of that breeding?? , if they came of old plants they would be full of energy dude, GIVE EM TOO ME NOW hehe :):):)

Have a good one man.

i got all three for $80!!! he has two plants which both are about neck high maybe bigger and about 10 to 15 colums each!!! all must go! the more ya buy the cheaper it is! old italian guys are the best!!!! plus heaps of other cacti!

i got all three for $80!!! he has two plants which both are about neck high maybe bigger and about 10 to 15 colums each!!! all must go! the more ya buy the cheaper it is! old italian guys are the best!!!! plus heaps of other cacti!

hmmm...where abouts is this old italian guy?

we must meet!

The one in the pot is a lighter green. why is this??? is it lack of something or to much sun??? These bridgetts are too sexy to destroy! ill be planting these babys!

Have a good one man.

what are some features to look out for if its eilleen???

ive done research but can only come up with where eilleen comes from!

also just noticed this rib! is this normal for bridgesii? why does this happen? sorry for my noobness!

post-4590-1235470860_thumb.jpg

Edited by subbo

personally i dont think it is eileen.

bridg seem to morph in and out, add&subtract ribs, grow monstrose then revert back, as they grow. that growth i would consider normal in bridgesii.

what are some features to look out for if its eilleen???

ive done research but can only come up with where eilleen comes from!

Eileen is name given to a specific clone that had good vigor and power

, Not exactly like Eileen maybe but, hmmmm.... i think it shares some similar features to your two cuttings in the box that have that nice healthy blue colour (most bridgetts have) that can be often seen in well grown Eileen specimens and has similarly raised ribs, each areole bieng slighlty raised of the center of the rib.

Nice find man!!

See my Eileen ( from the original namer himself) in the pot behind the penis plant, LOL its not as big as yours but its a fat one! going in the ground very shortly it is

post-3632-1235475897_thumb.jpg

"personally i dont think it is eileen."

One mans "Eileen" is another mans ordinary "fat blue"

They all came from Bolivia originally, probably sharing all original parents, the debate continues in other threads.

cya :)

i know this cactus well it is in my garden alongside eileen and doesnt resemble her in any way besides being a cactus :) good cactus tho subbo :) grows hard and fast i beleive the cactus i have is michael that gilligan posted about with pics of garden, correct me if i am wrong ;)

i know this cactus well it is in my garden alongside eileen and doesnt resemble her in any way besides being a cactus :) good cactus tho subbo :) grows hard and fast i beleive the cactus i have is michael that gilligan posted about with pics of garden, correct me if i am wrong ;)

well i did get it from an old guy called mike! so i think it is! just waiting to hear back from gillo

Marsha, right on the money there...

Mike it is...

Edited by gilligan

The first one is simmilar to eileen in colour but still a bit light, the second one looks like a skinny psycho0 to me nice and blue

Edited by sharxx101

The first one is simmilar to eileen in colour but still a bit light, the second one looks like a skinny psycho0 to me nice and blue

100% its Mike!!! its such an awesome cactus! wonder how potent it is? not that im gonna destroy them... but would be interesting to know! they are going straight in the ground! gotta spread Mike around!!!

Edited by subbo