The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
toast

Orally active dagga extract?

I have a big bag of dagga flowers.

Just wondering if anyone know if I can make an orally active extract from them?

I tried the search engine & only found smokables - not sure if they would be safe to eat, or active.

Also is it worth havesting & using leaf for the same purpose?

thanks alot,

Mick

I've heard vague suggestions on eDot regarding it's use in tea. Will give at a go with some foliage this afternoon.

Thanks. In Ray's HHH book he suggests using the roots for a tea.

I was thinking more of some sort of resin with a strong effect.

I thought maybe I could simply boil a heap of flowers for a while, then reduce the water to a resin.

I am apprehensive to try it without any feedback though, as I don't won't to waste my flowers.

cheers,

Mick

Was sent a few good extracts a while ago from a member who isn't around much anymore, he sent me a hydroethanoic extract (water + ethanol), an acetone extract, and a shellite extract.

The shellite extract was a powder, good for smoking, the acetone extract is a firm wax, easy to work with, soluble in water and also smokeable, the hydroethanoic extract, possibly the most potent, but easily the hardest to work with, a sticky sticky goo, soluble and great in a tea, as is the acetone extract, both taste quite nice, sweet with a bitter hint.

I suggest possibly making a tincture of the leaf using a hydroethanic extract and not trying to fully evap, so you are left with a less viscous and more workable liquid, perhaps some nice vodka would work well for this, or a distilled mix to something like 80%, so long as there is still some water in there (which there always will be but I mean probably don't take it to 95%). Then do not try to evap to a solid because you end up with a messy difficult to use goo.

Would probably use this over the acetone extract.

Peace

If you aren't likely to use all those flowers, why not bag them up and sell some for some extra cash?

The foliage can be harsh to smoke and I have only now started to get used to it.

You apparently get better effects from smoking the flowers...selling or smoking the flowers yourself might be the go.

I use bubble bags+water+ice to make a dagga bubble hash.

Its a very decent smoke, however a lot of work for a very small yield. The resulting material is by far the most active Dagga I have ever tried. This leads me to believe that the (best) actives in dagga are located in glandular trichomes similar to MJ.

I believe this may be the case for many members of the mint family, can anyone verify this to be correct?

Just use 3-5grams and make some tea out of it.

Thanks ME & Teotz' - I'll give those suggestions a try.

PT & tryptamine - THanks but I'm giving my lungs a break after an extended festive season, so I'm looking for orally active extracts only.

cheers

M

Thanks ME & Teotz' - I'll give those suggestions a try.

PT & tryptamine - THanks but I'm giving my lungs a break after an extended festive season, so I'm looking for orally active extracts only.

cheers

M

Hey I would think tryptamine doesn't have a bad idea I mean if you look at something like Cannabis which Hash is normally produced from quite a substantial effect can be produced from eating <1g of hash. So hence you could make the extract either via traditional methods or go and purchase a bubble hash maker and run the flowers through and i imagine the product would be quite orally active its quite an intresting idea actually now how much is a bubble hash machine >??? as I imagine there might be a few other plants i could find use for it with

good luck with it....hope it works for you. i find little effects from it. i do use klip dagga leaves daily, but they are only as a filler because the home grown tobacco is WAY too strong, and i don't want a 1mm smoke lol.

Just use 3-5grams and make some tea out of it.
.....I am apprehensive to try it without any feedback though, as I don't won't to waste my flowers.

I made a tea on Friday night with 4 grams of flowers.

Felt no effects at all.

Such a waste. I'd have rather given then away.

Thanks Teotz :rolleyes:

I'll try a more involved extract next weekend

I don't know what your expecting either, its often toted as a MJ substitute but is nothing of the sort.

I find the effects subtle but very pleasant.

Peace

I don't know what your expecting either, its often toted as a MJ substitute but is nothing of the sort.

I find the effects subtle but very pleasant.

Peace

I have enjoyed smoking the flowers by them selves and as an admixture.

I am after something stronger (more concentrated) and orally active