The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Aya

Loveless

The only thing at the moment which is stirring some form of emotion in me.

A truly beautiful album.

yeah its a great album, i been listening to it for well over 10 years and when i do listen to it i never get tired of it, i even introduce this album to young children when i teach music, i think it is essential in breaking down ideas about what music is from a conceptual point and what i can be with some artist thoughts outside the standard idea of 3 chord pop music, as they really do take the concept of standard music making and twist it on its head. beautiful guitar psychedelia, in my youth my bloody valentine and acid was a complete joy.

it just washes over you. shit i might just have to go and put some on now

while we are at it i might jsut share something that is stirring emotions in me when i listen to music currently they are nothing like my bloody valentine but still is some beautiful music they are swedish post rock group called amiina, lovely music. and if you love Lee Hazelwood like i do, then you can find on youtube his last song he wrote sung or rather spoken over a amiina track called hilli at the top of the world, knowing that it was the last recorded music from Lee Hazelwood. check out amiina's album Kurr, beautiful.

Thanks for the Hazelwood and Amiina suggestions Siren.

Was just reading up on them both, sounds like it could be some really good stuff. Will definately check it out.

yeah that album is amazing. conjures up images of what heaven would look like. it took guitars to places they'd never been before.

...and tunings never strummed.

I'd also like to add my props to this album.

One of my favourite albums... if not my favourite album!

First heard it in 1992... many people were waiting for the next album to come out which never came... Kevin Shields saying he lost and didn't want to release anything he felt was inferior to loveless!

Sometimes I think "broken social scene" shoulda done the same thing!

So many different layers in this one... first really GOT IT when I heard it on 400mcgs in 93' on the Californian coast!

The other good "shoegazer" band I really like is "Catherine Wheel"... particularly Chrome... it really has those humming guitar layers, even though the vocalist is a bit bombastic, it is still a very good listen!

Julian.

Big ups to Kevin Shields and MBV...

Also love the job he did for the Lost in Translation album - the movie wouldn't have been right without those few cute short ambient tracks. That and of course whacking in 'Sometimes'.

Yes also one of my all time fav's.........I got the chance to see them live twice in London last year and it was pretty mind blowing stuff they definetly pulled it off on stage sounding just as good if not better than on record also one of the loudest gigs I've ever been to they we're even handing out earplugs at the door.