The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
ThunderIdeal

When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

the age of aquarius / the flesh failures (let the sunshine in)

everybody knows the song, and if you don't you probably heard it at the end of 'the 40 year old virgin'. hey, it's a kickass song.

well, the opening lyrics (which are my thread title) refer to an astrological event which just occurred, maybe seven hours ago on saint valentine's day.

you may get very different opinions about the actual start of the age depending on which astrologist you ask, but i thought this definitely deserved a mention because of the song alone. more thoughts soon.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

the moon is in the seventh house about 2.25 days each month.

aligns means opposition ,conjuction or what in this context.

mars orbits the sun just under once every two years,jupiter is much slower,so they should 'align' about every 2 years.........ajusting for moon in 7th house,one in 12,gives rough answer of every 24 years........i dunno i made it up but it sounds right?

maybe it means ......bluemeanie is back the fuck on board,oh yeah ?

t s t .

yes, the articles where i read this said it was a frequent occurence. the song is more than 24 years old too so.. i dunno. there is immense conjecture about when the age of aquarius begins anyway, but the general consensus was roughly at the turn of the millennium.

Any updates?

"When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars. Then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars." This alignment occurred on February 14, 2009 – Valentine's Day. However, according to Neil Spencer, this is `astrological gibberish' as Jupiter aligns with Mars several times a year and the Moon is in the 7th House for about two hours every day. Though the lines of this song are merely poetic licence, many people take them as a literal truth.

So if that song was gibberish, how about December 21st, 2012? There's 1,273 people willing to go for that date on facebook...

Never knocked the song, just the supposed non-factual nature of the lyrics. Spent last night watching the clip on youtube...

I just want to know what date I need to pencil in for the party (seeing my social calendar tends to fill up several years in advance :rolleyes: ) !