The Corroboree
blip

Aprox 20 diff species to ID! I went shopping lol

Question

Edited by lsdreamz

15 answers to this question

The first one is Myrtillocactus geometrizans..second ones maybe a Cereus and third looks Scop.

WTF...you changed the images now the myrtillo isnt even there anymore...?

Edited by Hunab Ku

I see Myrtillocactus geometrizans, and left to right second pic T. spachianus, Pilocereus azurescens (sp?), T. scopulicola, Euphorbia sp. (twisted yellow/white one), Cereus peruvianus, and an unknow trich, maybe peruvianus and the one i would buy for sure, followed by the scop. On the ground is T.spachianus. Looks like there are some mamms in the small pots and the hairy guys are old man cactus, oreocereus i think.

The cactus 4 sale in adelaide have the same red gravel in the pot i think they are the same distributor?

Edited by lsdreamz

Is everyone sure that is a scop and not a mislabelled pachanoi? How fat IS it exactly? It's hard to tell from the photo. Could also be a cross I guess.

Edited by lsdreamz

I've never seen pachs get that big, so it's either a cross, or I'm just tripping, lol

New photos: scop, scop, starts with an 'a' i think escapes me for now :rolleyes: , i think the rest are all scops that need some serious TLC...

Interesting the label was rosea i think PD was talking about a plant a while back called rosei that he thought was the most beautiful of all trichs. I have seen a rosei at bunnings here in adelaide but didn't look like the one he pictured.

Anyway that looks like a nice plant. $79 isn't really all that bad i guess if you have the money, it looks like a big plant. then again, if you don't have any money ( i know the feeling!) then $79 is a lot!

Edited by lsdreamz

Looks like mostly Trichocereus to me... nice.

they look alright, the white spots look like insect damage year after year that has grown out with the tip and hardened. probably snails or earwigs. most of all they look like they have been sitting in the same pot for too long and are rootbound and spatially frustrated. they will love it in the ground with some good organic matter and will probably pick up during autumn.

Edited by lsdreamz

dig that patch of ground up and upturn the soil and put some garden charcoal and some brickies sand in there..turn it all up and dig it and freshen it all up and then...plant your prizes..

oh and whats behind the green door...I know I'd be using that space for something... :P

have fun man..growin cactus is a lot of fun, and they rock to look at when your trippin balls.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Edited by lsdreamz

speakign of rosei, i can say they are a beautiful cactus for sure, passive showed me his cutting the other week and it has such a beautiful feel about it, i hope one day that they start making their way through the community more.

sounds like you should break the bank and grab that rosei LSD, looks pretty from here!

hunab's advice is good. i like a bit of composted manure in there too.