The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
PhantomTurkey

Humans 'will be implanted with microchips'

I don't know about you, but this makes me feel very uneasy. I don't like it one bit. :angry:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/technology/7355...with-microchips

All Australians could be implanted with microchips for tracking and identification within the next two or three generations, a prominent academic says.

Michael G Michael from the University of Wollongong's School of Information Systems and Technology, has coined the term "uberveillance" to describe the emerging trend of all-encompassing surveillance.

"Uberveillance is not on the outside looking down, but on the inside looking out through a microchip that is embedded in our bodies," Dr Michael told ninemsn.

Microchips are commonly implanted into animals to reveal identification details when scanned and similar devices have been used with Alzheimers patients.

US company VeriChip is already using implantable microchips, which store a 16-digit unique identification number, on humans for medical purposes.

"Our focus is on high-risk patients, and our product's ability to identify them and their medical records in an emergency," spokesperson Allison Tomek said.

"We do not know when or if someone will develop an implantable microchip with GPS technology, but it is not an application we are pursuing."

Another form of uberveillance is the use of bracelets worn by dangerous prisoners which use global positioning systems to pinpoint their movements.

But Dr Michael said the technology behind uberveillance would eventually lead to a black box small enough to fit on a tiny microchip and implanted in our bodies.

This could also allow someone to be located in an emergency or for the identification of corpses after a large scale disaster or terrorist attack.

"This black box will then be a witness to our actual movements, words — perhaps even our thoughts —-and play a similar role to the black box placed in an aircraft," he said.

He also predicted that microchip implants and their infrastructure could eliminate the need for e-passports, e-tags, and secure ID cards.

"Microchipping I think will eventually become compulsory in the context of identification within the frame of national security," he said.

Although uberveillance was only in its early phases, Dr Michael's wife, Katina Michael — a senior lecturer from UOW's School of Information Systems and Technology — said the ability to track and identify any individual was already possible.

"Anyone with a mobile phone can be tracked to 15m now," she said, pointing out that most mobile phone handsets now contained GPS receivers and radio frequency identification (RFID) readers.

"The worst scenario is the absolute loss of human rights," she said.

Wisconsin, North Dakota and four other states in the US have already outlawed the use of enforced microchipping.

"Australia hasn't got specific regulations addressing these applications," she said.

"We need to address the potential for misuse by amending privacy laws to ensure personal data protection."

Uberveillance has been nominated for Macquarie Dictionary's Word of the Year 2008.

it would be useful for monitoring violent crims & sex offenders & people with Alzheimer;s, mentally ill etc , it depends how far they use it !!

i wonder if running a strong magnet over the chip or a good static electric charge would disable it ?

good luck catching me and holding me down to get a chip in me..I'll bite their fucking arms off before I'll let that happen...

all this is science fiction still..although counter terrorism would be the excuse used to trick the masses into agreeing to it.

H.

Too right man^^^ they can implant a chip into my cold fucking corpse but at no time before that will they get one in me, and if they do I'll happily gouge it out in front of them. This should never happen, but in a few generations it wouldn't even surprise me with the way shit seems to be going (pity I'm young enough to risk having to live through that).

FTW,

Peace

Atleast they give us warning so we can setup a safehouse somewhere inland and make a run when they start chipping people.

if it happens i can see rag-bag attempt of civil war and revolt as those who refuse will find they will have to run. logically one would head inland away from the major cities, and possibly consider setting up just inside upper SA or lower NT aera, close to the borders. i can see this area becoming rife with anarchy and a few souls rising up to lead the rebelion as more and more people cross over into this place, now know as the "badlands" by those in the cities, to have their chips removed and join the fight against the powers the be.

then i wake up and remember how lazy Australians are.

LMAO...sounds like a MAD MAX scenario..better start building our plant fuel based rocket cars with spears of poison acacia tips.

H.

you had me thinking about some serious alterna-crew maybe starting a revo in the desso. And then you burst that bubble!! you're just lazy Amulte! Nah you're words ring true unfortunately.. hence the laughs, its so funny cuz it's true!

counter terrorism would be the excuse used to trick the masses into agreeing to it.

This could also allow someone to be located in an emergency or for the identification of corpses after a large scale disaster or terrorist attack.

Notice they had to throw the words terrorist attack in there. Nobody need worry about terrorist attacks unless they're in the middle of enforcing an apartheid state. ie: Israel or any of the trouble the British inflicted on their own island and further colonies, or a lot of other examples but not here in Australia. Nobody would dream of terrorism here unless for a false flag government conspiracy to get us into feeling we NEED the extra protection these chips will give, which leaves me with one of my favorite quotes that is all too apt for the times we're living in.. maybe a timeless quote repeated throughout the eons...

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Anyways don't think our government doesn't sink that low, remember all those scares about our very own terrorists here? Huge media beatup over some fella giving material support to some terrorist orginisation (al qaeda probably, nice catch all phrase that one), which turned out to be totally unfounded and nothing more than a public distraction from some other political crisis.. like it was re-election time or something. Or the fact we might discover them for the vampires they are unless they keep inventing new boogey men to scare us with.

I once had an actual dream/nightmare where I ingested a certain potion and accidently traveled into the future. There in the future the sun had changed in a way that the entire planet had warmed a bit and the earth had gone through a great ecological disaster which had wiped out most animals and many plants. The remaining humans were clustered into a few large cities. I fell in with a group of freedom fighters who were in the process of trying to identify the truth of what was going on in the cities and were trying to make other people aware. The cities were very repressive. The people had chips implanted in their heads. The chips were implanted in infants through a soft spot in their skulls so that it would be under their skulls and practically impossible to remove or tamper with. The chips were inserted into the infants frontal fontanelle Click here for details. The chips were tracking and monitoring devices.

I'll skip a bit now (it was a long and very detailed dream) and get to the point.

The freedom fighters had found out that the meat factories in the cities were harvesting humans for food. Humans who differed in political ideology from the people in charge were deemed not human and were therefor fit for consumption. The Earth's climate had restabilized somewhat by this time, but the people in charge wanted to remain in control and wanted to keep things just as they were. All plants and seeds in particular were banned by the people in charge because of the legends of their downfall by people with knowledge of certain plants. Possesion of any plants or seeds by any citizen was not tolerated. The freedom fighters were led by a small group of Shamans who had found a way to go back (and forth) in time to ancient mesoamerica (It involved a complex ritual and ingestion of a potion and you "landed" in a pyramid). Once they made it back to ancient mesoamerica, the Shamans would remove the chips from new freedom fighters by performing trepanning operations which opened up a hole in their skulls so the chips could be removed Click here for details .

The freedom fighters had chosen Precolumbian Mesoamerica because they had to go back in time far enough so that the transmissions from the chips of the new recruits would have travelled too far into space for their signals to be detected by the future leaders of the cities. This was necessary so that their locations and works couldn't ever be detected. A few of their "works" had been found and were the source of the legends of the future leaders downfall. The recruits would be shown everything and would undergo training in several Shamanic techniques and disciplines. They would then go back into the future to rescue cartain people (more freedom fighter recruits) and bring them back to the Shamans. The Shamans had mastered time travel and were in the process of setting up an "Ark" that would survive undetected into the future that preserved a wide diversity of genetic materials of plants and animals. The "Ark" was based in an area in the Bermuda triangle which, because of an electromagnetic anomoly, couldn't be detected by satelites or any detection device. The Shamans planned on repopulating the world anew using the genetic material stored at the "Ark" once enough key people had been removed from the cities and enough freedom fighters were present that could topple the current regime.

Then I woke up :wink:

Edited by MrPotato

Nice dream!

Reminds me of The Matrix, except with a happy ending.

I posted this dream on my facebook page, if you don't want it there tell me and I'll remove it.

*simpsons* Yeees, remooove it...

I'm assuming you don't want credit? :) ;)

Edited by Sublime Crime

you had me thinking about some serious alterna-crew maybe starting a revo in the desso. And then you burst that bubble!! you're just lazy Amulte! Nah you're words ring true unfortunately.. hence the laughs, its so funny cuz it's true!

didnt we sit down and plan this one camp trip? either mass micro-chipping or conscription im sure we planned to be going out west and go into hiding and then start finding others to create or join a little community of outcasts out in the desert. living underground mainly and wandering above ground from time to time to gather the necessities of a night to try and avoid the government created tracking and chipping drones (you know, the ones that hunt down those without chips and forcibly chips them and returns them to the city for a full course of 'love the leader' programing)

id want to remove everyone's chips and plant them in birds. seriously if this shit went down id try my darnedest to get my little family somewhere safe and live outside society as best possible. head up to lightening ridge and tunnel out a house deeper than usual into the bedrock.

actually i met a dude who is planning on starting a cacti farm/zombie apocalypse safe house/retreat. IE untill the zombie infection begins it will be simply a cacti farm, then when needed we pack up and head up there to defend against whatever/whoever, government or zombies. it should be ideal if he ever gets the $ to get it started.

You'd think everyone being implanted would be a terrorists dream, just think how easily they could track a target