The Corroboree
Tripitaka

Surely not?

I read them both, thanks guys.

Thats... strange?

Why the excitment then?

because it is still an interesting and beautiful plant :)

Why the excitment then?

Its out of its usual stipulated geographical range. There is still research can be conducted with this plant, grafting potential plus its a native Erythroxylum species

is there the potential to cross breed australe with novo to create an appealing alkaloid profile suited to our conditions...?

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

is there the potential to cross breed australe with novo to create an appealing alkaloid profile suited to our conditions...?

H.

yes, i heard XXXXX is working on a super evil coca strain, which, after released in the wild in south america will cross pollinate with all coca plants there with the result of making them usless, by producing choking sensations when chewed.

man, what to you do for living? well, i breed new coca strains, thx for asking, haha.

question to the chem heads, i think native coca doe's contain some alkaloids which could be turned into cocain.

but, i would suggest the re indroduction of the death penalty, for people who hurt our native coca.

if one is surrounded by native coca in the bush, it realy helps you to understand evolution.

i'm now 100% sure it's not australe, after having a look again at some australe pic's.

http://users.cyberone.com.au/bwalters/rare...ylum_australe.h

coca does have totaly different veins, yours are straight and australe's are irregular and curvy.

apart from that coca alternates it's leaf formation, yours is bienate.

australe leaves have a round tip, yours has a pointy tip.

it can't be ecarinatum either although it has pointy leave tips, because of the othe two factors.

post-70-1232740517_thumb.jpg

post-70-1232741923_thumb.jpg

E_australe_20leaf_20B_W_1.jpg

E__20ecarinatum_20closeup500.jpg

E_australe_20leaf_20B_W_1.jpg

E__20ecarinatum_20closeup500.jpg

Edited by planthelper

yes, i heard XXXXX is working on a super evil coca strain, which, after released in the wild in south america will cross pollinate with all coca plants there with the result of making them usless, by producing choking sensations when chewed.

man, what to you do for living? well, i breed new coca strains, thx for asking, haha.

question to the chem heads, i think native coca doe's contain some alkaloids which could be turned into cocain.

but, i would suggest the re indroduction of the death penalty, for people who hurt our native coca.

if one is surrounded by native coca in the bush, it realy helps you to understand evolution.

I can't imagine anyone on this board would have any inclination to harm the natural flora and fauna...most would be wanting to set up mimicking conditions at home so as to be able to watch closely and learn...me being one of those...I have no intention ever to take any plant from the wild...but find it seriously interesting to home grow and breed. Most conditions can be mimicked at home although I have read about coca's natural conditions and it's at quite an elevation above sea level...alkaloid profile is improved with height above sea...dunno how that could replicated in the garden...maybe an air thinning machine... :P

every night I pray that I may stumble upon someone with a cutting...patience my boy patience.

H.