The Corroboree
Chiral

SAB members festival...

With all the talent and musical equipment around on this site it brings up the obvious question......Why don't SAB have a shindig..all forum members invited to come along and play..have it on a property somewhere ..nice warm weather..plenty of food and plants..would make a great little festival..stalls.. selling plants, seeds, clothing, literature..make it a 2 day thing and members can bring partners and kids etc. Members donate spare coin to get a bank up for costs ..generators etc..

be a great way for us all to meet and have dig at each other and a laugh etc...

anyone....?

for example... I can donate audio gear for use..I'm an audio engineer so I could look after the sound, plus I have banners to hang and have 3 projectors to do visuals.

H.

Edited by Hunab Ku

Heheh, was having the same idea just the other day actually.

Sounds like a decent idea to me.

Peace

Sounds great especially if it's happening in Perth!

I'll second that!

Nice nick too Naboo, u must be a fan of the Boosh?

I'm only new, but I'd love to meet a lot of people here :)

I could donate a 62" rear projection TV?... sorry it's all I have of use. (In fact if anyone wants to buy it I'll sell for $500)

Edit: Actually if anyone wanted to buy that telly - around 5 years old - I'll donate the entirety of the sale to the SAB get together.

Edit2: VVV I wish I could go to EGA, it sounds fascinating :(

Edited by FancyPants

Sounds great :)

From experience it will need someone to take charge, plan where when and how, make a list of people that want to go, then send out location and directions etc. IME 2-3 in advance months is the sweet spot, preferably around school/uni/public holiday/s

Dont just leave it solely up to voting and such, you really need to get ontop of it yourself after hearing from from everyone.

Turn out tends to be around 50% (give or take 20%) of what is expected (confirmations)

If the place charges for tent sites or whatever be sure to get payment when people arrive or keep close tabs on it otherwise you will end up paying for some of it.

Try and organise a small group of people early on that are happy to stick around afterwards and help clean up.

IMHO its always best to keep the location private (off the forum) just giving out a general location so people know where they are planning to go.

Make sure of cool property owners, toilets, shops within short driving distance etc.

Im assuming this person will be you Hunab, so if you would like any advice or help let me know.

I' happy to be a volunteer for some duties..but i wouldn't be able to do by my self..need a team of say 6-8 people all with the same idea and willing to go the extra yards and put in...

What would be peoples time of year be favorable..

This could happen in NSW the first time then perhaps some other state might wish to host the next etc..

so many options..need peoples input and numbers..I have a great contact here in Sydney with the REGEN boys..anyone hear know em..they have a great sound system and do bush parties that are involve regenerating plants whilst the party is on.

Need numbers ..as in who seriously wants to be involved and help..I mean you have to be fully committed..puttin these things on is hard work, Ive done a few big indoor events in UK but haven't set up a festival in the wild..I have a great bunch of friends here that have, so I will get some hardy advice and keep this thread going until we can confirm what will happen.

H.

With EGA coming up, I think the next set of school holidays in the new year would be the best time.

Sounds like your planning something pretty big if you need 5-8 people to organise,

In fact what you sound like your keen on doing is a second EGA, like a mini EGA? :)

Generally, sab meet up's tend to be something smaller inbetwen EGA's or whatever the main event of the yr is.

Just to clarify, what kind of event/happening are you thinking of, a doof, a gathering/campout/meet, a symposium with fun on the side etc.?

ok..here is a couple of ideas..a gathering ..say at a place like eg.Barrington tops.

camp out from Friday night and Saturday night packdown Sunday.

1 stage with live acts and bands during the day and DJ's spinning Psy and D&B all night.

Stalls that people can set up them selves around perimeter selling seeds clothing whatever..mainly plants and seeds and literature ..stay in the theme of Ethobotanicals basically.

Would need some mega deck staging to support the acts and DJ's, cabling, 2 generators and fuel, decor and visuals., food stalls ..oh and a good vibe. Perhaps someone may be invited to talk or give presentation that might educate us and be of some scientific value. Bear in mind these are all just idea's I'm throwing up. I don't have transport at the Moment but I won't let that stop me being part of the organizing crew..

I think it would be nice to do it in early/mid autumn when the leaves are changing and its not so hot and a bit chilly at night..just an idea.

H.

Sounds fantastic, sure hope i can make it, keep in mind next years 4 day EGA is set to take place in early November (about one year from now). i would think a April/May date would be good for us all. if you guys get this one up and runing, what ever it is i could send a mail out over the EGA network if you wont.

and if i can offer any advice i would be happy to.

to connecting...

In Plants we Trust

:wink:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

you legend Ronnie thanks man yeah we will call on you for advice for sure..Autumn sounds good yeah as it doesn't conflict with to many other events..

people can go bushwalkin and shrooming and generally just be out in nature..

lets see the response we get and take it as it flows out.

H.

id be keen to have a plant stall!

wont b living to far away then, happy to help set up and pack up.

you legend..sounds good its nice to have people who wanna help with the set up and pack down.

If we get the numbers we will do a scouting run to the tops and talk with some of the farmers about the fees for camping and pick a nice location near one of the many streams etc..last time I camped up there it was on a farmers property and he simply comes around at his leisure and collects a few bob from anyone camping on his land..they are usually quite friendly and helpful. I needed brake fluid for my car last time and the farmer willing obliged and brought me some ..this was a few years ago and don't know if anything has changed, but a scouting mission at some point prior would be definitely be on the cards to get a clearer idea of locale and camping costs etc.

H.

I'll second that!

Nice nick too Naboo, u must be a fan of the Boosh?

Thanks Gromit, yeah bit fan of the Boosh. If only I had a memory I could talk in quotes.

Thanks Gromit, yeah bit fan of the Boosh. If only I had a memory I could talk in quotes.

This is an outrage!

^^^^^^^^^^^:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you guys wanna help...? or wanna chit chat....tapping fingers on table and rolling my eyes....

H.

I'm only new, but I'd love to meet a lot of people here :)

I could donate a 62" rear projection TV?... sorry it's all I have of use. (In fact if anyone wants to buy it I'll sell for $500)

Edit: Actually if anyone wanted to buy that telly - around 5 years old - I'll donate the entirety of the sale to the SAB get together.

Edit2: VVV I wish I could go to EGA, it sounds fascinating :(

stick it up on e-bay bro and sell it... and then get ya boots on and help us get this show on the road...

H

If I lived closer I would be happy to help with a scouting run etc but I live in SEQLD so the only thing I can really help with is advice from my previous experience putting on weekend SAB camps.

Just a suggestion but it may be a good idea to do a test run the first time round, like maybe just a small DJ rig and speakers, camping and a carboot sale, then once you have a good idea on what to expect, turn-out/interest and that the land owner is cool with loud music and the type of things that will be going on etc, then go the full shebang the 2nd time?

Im happy to help do some of the clean up if I can make it.

You will probably need to be the driving force behind the thing though Hunab, or theres a fair chance it wont get off the ground, hopefully some other people in your area will put their hands up to help do some of the more intensive co-organisation.

Maybe contact Min-E, or Sina?

^^^^^^^^^^^:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you guys wanna help...? or wanna chit chat....tapping fingers on table and rolling my eyes....

H.

Well if you're having it in the eastern states the most I can do is make flyers or any design related stuff.

Just a suggestion but it may be a good idea to do a test run the first time round, like maybe just a small DJ rig and speakers, camping and a carboot sale, then once you have a good idea on what to expect, turn-out/interest and that the land owner is cool with loud music and the type of things that will be going on etc, then go the full shebang the 2nd time?

very, very sound advice IMO!

Its all good advice guys keep it comin...looks like so far that Mind expansion and myself will be the drivin force as far as gettin it goin..any other Sydney lads wanna get involved then feel free to make a comment here and update this thread with ideas etc...

H.

Sorry Hunab, I'm completely useless as far as organisational and help goes - I still haven't even done my tax and I pay someone else to do it!

As just a suggestion, maybe somewhere on the mid-north NSW coast might be alright? Not Byron (too obvious hehe), maybe near Coffs Harbour or Bellingen? So it's halfway along the east coast. I'm definitely good with Sydney though, then I don't have to travel anywhere :P

How bout south of sydney on the coast somewhere.

considering you are thinking of an autumnish date, further south would make it easier to find "ACTIVEities":P

Its all good advice guys keep it comin...looks like so far that Mind expansion and myself will be the drivin force as far as gettin it goin..any other Sydney lads wanna get involved then feel free to make a comment here and update this thread with ideas etc...

H.

Im in Newcastle (north of Sydney) and keen to help out where i can. really flat out with little one on the way but keen to see this work.

this si a great idea!