The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tlaloc

Iboga, P. viridis

... live plants? Anyone ...

gwydion... you have iboga??

Ha ha ha! I wish!!!! (You could always share tho´. HINT, HINT).

Naah. Just a few P. viridis. The little bastards refuse to germinate, so I´m left to resort (all too often frustratingly) to cuttings.

As an aside, in the Coca Museum here in La Paz they make a decent mention of the use of iboga as a treatment for cocaine addiction; right next to the panel about ayahuasca being used for the same purpose in s. america and europe.

If you like, my statement could be taken to refer to the status of iboga in general in this community, however. There being a total of, um, HOW many plants?!?!?!

Actually, there are probably more iboga plants in cultivation than you think. I know of at least 10 pople now who are growing them successfully. I have also heard about at least 2 people who are setting up plantations - one in South America and the other in Asia.

While some of these plants will undoubtedly be falsly identified species (due to some african's sending out dodgy seed), the majority will hopefully be of good quality. At least two other people are growing the same strain as SAB.

I think we have finally found the solution to the iboga propagation problems and our numbers have skyrocketed this year. However, we have learnt our lesson about sellign them prematurely. The plants we have sold over the last few years could have in the meantime provided us with the propagating stock to establish plantations and to sell them at ridiculously low prices. However most of these plants ended up dying in the hands of their new owners (not blaming anyone here as we know only too well how difficult these buggers are). So this time we won't sell any stock prematurely but will wait till we have enough for everyone.

Your note re iboga being referenced to ayahuasca is interesting as I have a good friend in the Santo Daime who has swapped me red caapi seed for an iboga plant in the hope that he will be able to use the plant in rituals. While I personally do not like the association of multitheistic spiritualities with monotheistic religions, I still feel that this is a good thing.

re Psychotria cuttings... that is actually now the only way I propagate them. In this climate the leaf cuttings take too long and are too much hassle (high losses), while tip cuttings are reliable and strong.

I'm also quite desperate for a few psychotria viridis and also some kratom plants.......

kratom plants will soon be plentyful. we have put a lot of effort into mass propagation in the last few months and plants will soon be available at much better prices. Psychotria is a bit slow for us this year.

i'll trade p.viridis for s.tortuosum, or good

piece of outstanding trich' if anyones interested?