The Corroboree
Yeti101

Spore

Anyone playing Spore at the moment? PM me if you want to swap some beasties etc etc.

Hey Yeti, I am not playing it atm, but would be interested to hear what you think of it? It looks interesting, but reviews I've heard sometimes make it seem like it can be a bit boring at times, and the fact that you can't actually play online with other people (from what I understand) is a bit disappointing (I initially thought it would be like a MMO, something like age of empires but on a massively customisable scale, and more of an open multiplayer format in one giang spore world).

Peace

^^

yeah, the reviews i've read/seen are a bit hot and cold. A lot of people are saying it only starts to get fun in the later stages of the game because the earlier levels mainly consist of Eat that, avoid this etc. Still a game i wouldn't mind trying out as i found the sims to be heaps of fun. But i'm saving up my monies to get Fallout 3, Fable 2 and Gears of War 2. And also a heap of Arcade titles when i get live.

cheers

@ Peaceful, if your after arcade stuff, DL a MAME emulator, thousands of games, many many many hours of fun.

Peace

My niece has been bugging me to get spore, but is it really worth it? It looks kind of a 'dumbed down' version of a sim game, sacrificing gameplay for massiveness and creativity..

Hey Mind

Got any sites where you can download emulators from? Do they take long to download? I got a SNES emulator which is the bomb, it has Super Metroid on it, which is one of my favorite games of all time!

cheers

Ummm, I use torrents for most of my downloads. Qucik google reveals lots and lots of MAME ROMs.

No doubt there are plenty of others (I had a N64 one that was cool..had this mad racing game which I am having a mental blank on as far as name goes.) As for sites but, I remember when I was looking for the N64 emulator, and then even more-so with the games, there were stacks of sites, but most of them were full of shit, just linking to other sites nd asking you to rate them and other some such bs. I would stick with torrents... maybe querying google for the names of good emulators?

Peace

Are ok, i need to get a decent computer before i start downloading things. A mate was telling me that a lot of console controllers can be plugged into computers and used with emulators. Which would add for a bit more of an authentic gaming experience rather than bashing away at the keyboard.

cheers

Metroid... what a cool game.. it was so deep and expansive and alien feeling and cool. Hard though, and a lot of the levels looked the same.

Are ok, i need to get a decent computer before i start downloading things. A mate was telling me that a lot of console controllers can be plugged into computers and used with emulators. Which would add for a bit more of an authentic gaming experience rather than bashing away at the keyboard.

cheers

I've got a USB XBOX360 controller, and play on N64, Sega, SNES etc. emulators. 'tis lots of fun.

Yeah Fallout3 looks pretty sweet hey.

By your avatar I can see that your into those kinds of games, generaly Im not so much into that style of play but Fallout promises to be something really different (havent playeed the others) with that creepy bioshock-esque 1940's feels to it.

I didnt really like Mass Effect, it was all a bit complicated, kind of like Star Wars in the scense that by the end (or even 1/2 way through) I have info overload and cant remember a lot of it.

Also keen for GOW2 and cod5 (even if it is another ww2 FPS by Teyarch)

Hey Andy

I agree with Mass Effect being a bit complicated, i'm more than halfway through and still learning. I'm hoping that on my second playthrough i'll understand the abilities for certain classes much better, therefore making it easier.

Yeah Fallout 3 does look mighty awesome, apparently it's a lot like oblivion and far different to the first two. Which is understandable seeing as it's being made by a different developer.

What have you been playing lately Andy? Lately i've just been playing ME but before that it was gears of war, which i managed to pass on insane!

@ Ballzac - yeah dude that's what i'm keen on doing, there's sure to be some wired 360 controllers about in cash converters and the like.

@ Undergrounder - yeah a lot of the SM levels did look that same, but i'm too much of a Fanboy to care lol

cheers

Edited by peaceful_son

Mmmmm CoD5, you a cod4 fan AA? PC or console? Love it for PC.

CoD5 sounds like it has some good features coming with it, vehicles in particular will be cool.

Will be interesting to play WWII again after modern war.

Peace

Anyone playing Spore at the moment?

It's on the list of games that I want. Looks really cool.

What sort of hardware specs do you need to run it? High end or mid range?

Also interested to hear what you think of it.

Stink

Edited by Stinkmeat

I finished the whole game in about 6-7 hours. Nothing special.

Very much a watered-down version of bits and pieces of other games. (Warcraft, Civilisation etc.) and all the stages get very boring after about 30 mins.

Tis fun designing creatures, spaceships etc & seeing other's creations, but I can't see myself playing the actual game much in the future... i'll give it a 4/10.

edit: oh and my computer is mid to low spec and handled the game fine on the medium setting

Edited by --{ MAYJA }--

Yeah man, cod4 all the way :)

PM me your gamertag and maybe we can play together one time

Ive played Stinkmeat before and he is pretty good, he's online a lot of the time but rarely plays COD4 much anymore :(

Ive played Stinkmeat before and he is pretty good, he's online a lot of the time but rarely plays COD4 much anymore :(

@ Ballzac - yeah dude that's what i'm keen on doing, there's sure to be some wired 360 controllers about in cash converters and the like.

I bought the controller brand new and it didn't work until I installed the drivers on the CD it came with. If you get one second hand and can't find drivers for it, let me know and I'll copy the CD for you.

Mmmmm CoD5, you a cod4 fan AA? PC or console? Love it for PC.

CoD5 sounds like it has some good features coming with it, vehicles in particular will be cool.

Will be interesting to play WWII again after modern war.

Peace

Call of duty 4 is awesome. Crysis is awesome too. Couldn't be bothered finishing crysis though, as it got a bit boring towards the end. The graphics are awesome though, and I love the physics. Some aspects remind me of virtua cop 2 as well, like enemies getting a red glow around them while you're shooting at them.

I bought the controller brand new and it didn't work until I installed the drivers on the CD it came with. If you get one second hand and can't find drivers for it, let me know and I'll copy the CD for you.

Alternatively and as always...google is your friend :)

I've heard good things about crysis, but never got it for myself, I upgraded my PC for CoD4 and UT3 (and because the PoS hard drive and mobo were both stuffed), and have only played them since.

Peace

I love UT2004, personally think the whole concept of it beats the shit out of the concept and story of UT3, but UT3 has the obvious graphics advantage, and some cool new vehicles, but I lost my install of UT2004 with my old hard drive, might have to dl it again one of these days...

Haha, sorry AA. I've been more wrapped up in my Wii. Super Smash Bros and Metroid Prime 3 FTW! I need to get the new COD4 maps, then I'll be back in business :wink:

The same goes for me too, anyone who has COD4, Halo 3, UMK3 or The Orange Box, PM me you gamertag if you wanna play.

Stink