The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
peyote man

Kratom tea

A foaf of mine has tried kratom tea while overseas and got no effect. He tried it twice and nothing happened. He boiled it gently for a few hours until around 70ml remained, and the other time around 150ml, from a litre or so of leaves and water.

Both times on an empty belly...he takes lexapro SSRI....so he tells me.

The leaves were from a guy that had dried them....this fella has a good reputation and is well known....foaf has a high tollerance to codeine.....any ideas??

Cheers!

Kratom's pharmacology shares some elements of the activity of other substances including opiates and yohimbine. The comparison to opiates is valid at doses high enough to produce these effects. Kratom has the ability to alleviate withdrawal in people dependent on opiates owing to the mu receptor agonism of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Kratom may cause constipation at these doses. It produces analgesia similar to weaker opiates such as codeine.

wiki says no good for codeine

what i remember from when it was legal here in australia that tea never worked as well as when i woudl just mix the powdered leaves with some juice and chug it down kinda hardcore but well worth it let all the extractions take place inside yoru organism hehehe.

i also recall leaves getting better as they age.

I've made tea with kratom leaves on several occasions, but only simmered

them on low heat and the tea worked very well. I've read that boiling the

leaves degrades the potency.

Try low heat, just under a boil and add a few pieces of fresh ginger for taste

and to keep your stomach happy.

from memory water isnt the best solvent to extract with, i could be wrong as it has been a long time since i looked into kratom chemistry but i think it prefers alcohol as a solvent, and is only partially soluble in water, might be wrong someone how knows should pop in and confirm.

OK my foaf reckons he will blend the dried leaves into some juice and drink the whole lot, then theres zero chance of messed up extraction.....how many leaves should he have?

Just brew it like a tea, 5 mins should be enough, potency of leaves can vary quit a lot, I know that I have never had anything that even comes close to the stuff I was getting imported from Malaysia, a 5gm tea was have me bouncing off the walls for hours.

It only has partial agonism of Mu receptors so you should still be getting effects, I can tell you from personal experience that it works just fine when a person has an opiate tolerance, I was taking it on a dose of around 150mg's of methadone and it worked a treat although even at around 10gms of the strong stuff I didnt get too much of an opiate high but I was still on a blockade dose so that may have something to do with it :)

Edited by AndyAmine.

grind fine, swirl and gulp..

cyp450 inhibition will make it stronger.

Edited by Conan Troutman

torsten mentioned being hung over the day after using kratom,is this common?

t s t .

i have not noticed it but it has been a while since i have partaken kratom sadly i really enjoyed it back in the day

i do recall once having too much and felt pretty nauseus if i moved and possibel in the morning felt a little groggy.

but as i said was a long while ago

Never had a hangover from kratom, but have felt really queezy from doing

too much at one time. 10-15 grams is a lot! I've got some very potent kratom

called maang daa kratom. It's finely ground and I just pack it in size 00 gelatin

capsules. My usual dose is 4-6 caps. Any other kratom that I've tried this way,

I usually take 12-16 caps. Maang daa is top notch kratom!!

Would dearly like to get my hands on a cutting :wink: , pity the Australian government has a problem with people enjoying themselves with herbs that aren't taxed to the shit!

Edited by Mr Stay Puft