The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Suprnova

Just a toon or two

Hmm true, theres only one hosted on that website but the myspace one should go fine.

cheers man,

turned 17 yesterday yall! :D

I make music sometimes, I just started a myspace account, and will upload some tracks soon... there a few others around here too. I listened to your tracks, they're cool, keep it up because now is the age to start working hard at whatever you want to do with your life. What software do you use?

I like the Nintendo chick too, it combines two of my favorite things.

Edited by Sublime Crime

Ah reason, ableton, adobe audition for final tailing and wav editing.

padkontrol, ms2000b analog synth and m-audio oxygen as far as hardware goes :)

Similar setup to mine, except I use an Ozonic and MPC, and usually use CubaseSX3 for the final mixing and SoundForge for mastering, but what is 'tailing'?

Edited by Sublime Crime

Ah awesome :D

tailin, like fades in, fades out. Final levelling of wav file n whatnot :)

I produce and play regulalry.

Just listening to your stuff now... Very nice!

Great sounds and production - what do you use?

How long have you been producing?

Really like the stuff! i dabble with abit of reason myself, but not to any exstent/skill that you do lol :)

www.myspace.com/redlightrunnersband

my band ^

nice stuff guys! bovin that midnight high song was awesome

im pretty interested in makin some music, so far just played around with FL Studio, didnt get much i really liked.

where did you guys learn to make this type of music? how do you get started, its something id really like to follow up.

Edited by mardybum

im pretty interested in makin some music, so far just played around with FL Studio, didnt get much i really liked.

where did you guys learn to make this type of music? how do you get started, its something id really like to follow up.

Hmm... learning, starting out. Easy to say, difficult to define. FL studio is one of them Digital audio workstation thingamies I believe. They're often focused on manipulating and sequencing wav's and shit. Then there's also good old midi sequencers, merely a way of talking to other midi interfaced instruments.

I'd certainly recommend rebirth338 (two tb303's and 909 and 808 drum machine), now a free download!! Sometimes it's

good to just let some tunes flow into something simple like that. Indeed even an acoustic piano can be totally awesome for getting enraptured in some real time musical make believe. Then there are them synthesizer things that allow dynamic sound textures to be created etc..

But enuff of the externals. As far as learning and starting out are concerned, the only thing that you need do is listen and feel the energy flows. Over time you should come to appreciate that certain harmonic and rhythmic sequences have different emotional meanings and effects over you. Indeed, music theory can be viewed as a type of solidification of stuff ppl have realised about the types of things that can be said with music and how to say it. For example, the note named the Tonic tends to impart energy and vitality, especially after stuff suggesting the "leading note" where it's implied the tonic is what we're leading to. There is another note called the Dominant, and dominate it indeed does etc..

After listening and understanding music, naturally you'll want to be able to speak it too, presumably using similar devices derived from your listening experience. umm.. "Devices" refers to musical syntax and semantics NOT hardware/software.

It may also be worth pointing out that you don't need to know what a device is called, or even that you are using it, in order to use it. For example, a young child can string together words into meaningful communication whilst being completely oblivious to the rigors of syntax and grammar.

You said when playing with FL you didn't get much you really liked. Well, that's one of the great things about composing. Basically the idea is to write stuff, if you like it, you keep it. If you don't like it, then you change it into something that you do like. Hence, the basic idea behind composing is to create stuff which makes you feel as though you like it. You could also try specifically to create stuff which makes you feel you don't like it, but only if you feel you'd like that! Music's kinda open minded about that sought of thing.

Anyhow here's a fairly humble example of feeling out the energy flows to a tune I'd done using just Rebirth338, with the microdot mod.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/17/21...tryptohnite.avi