The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

What was the food of the gods?

been told the seeds can germinate in the pod.

t s t .

I can definately verify this.

I haven't been following this thread very carefully but I just wanted to recommend that if anyone is in Melbourne, do yourself a favour and visit a shop called 'Koko Black', there are 5 around the city! They are renowned as some of the finest Chocolatiers in the world, they charge $5.75 for a hot chocolate but I can assure you it will be memorable!

There is now one in Canberra too. :devil:

I just had a mug of Montezuma's Secret Cocoa based drink from the Botanical Preservation Corp. They claim to have "partially resurrecting the lost recipe from obscure Vatican manuscripts ". Their website lists the following as the ingredients "The intense, pungent mix of bitter, stimulating organic cacao seeds, fiery hot organic chilis, with the bioactive herbs Damiana, Kola, organic Chamomile, organic Red Clover, and organic Spearmint."

I sweetened it with stevia extract. It tasted really good and is mildly stimulating. Nothing overly exciting though, but something fun to drink.

was given some chia seeds by friends who recommended soaking and combining with cocoa in some form.they also mentioned adding carbs for energy i think.

made some poridge adding 1 tsp chia seeds and a desert spoon of cocoa powder.

some honey.

mmm tasty......

and with an interesting effect,it seemed psychoactive in maybe a calea like way,with similar colour enhancement,nice but not strong.

t s t .

i know it doesn't help much but there were/are(?) many, many different varieties of corn and even one that has blue, red and yellow kernels! it is still highly regarded in south american countries, in fact it is the same colour as the gran columbian flag and the following countries flags (venezuela, colombia and ecuador) maybe that is why..? anyway, 'scuse the rambling...

yeah, coca in its whole form is somthn to be heralded imo the pith is delightful as is sucking the seeds along with it, so without any bonus feelings or alike i could see it being pretty godly. hardy plant too!

i did hear that the inca's prized culinary delicacy, reserved for 'nobility' (i think), was cocoa with vanilla and chilli, at least i think i remember it being chilli...hmmm definately cocao and vanilla will verify tomr if i can. vanilla is an orchid too which i was suprised to learn!

my vote for modernity's food of the gods would be vegemite! :lol:

peace x

I quite liked my bloodthirsty savages theory,for most of the Northerly American's it must be peanut butter today.

The old ways are kept alive though.

Say you were to fast for about a week before you indulged in the most nutritious, tasty and expensive food you could find...how would you feel?> :worship:

I copped out awhile back, didnt make it to my usual source of top notch certified cocoa... got the Cadbury gear... tasted weirdly... weird. Ingredients... cocoa powder (packed in singapore) and flavour. FLAVOUR? It's COCOA. I was going to check the salt, but wasn't up for any more upset. Settled for some all natural Jalna vanilla yogurt, made with fake vanilla flavouring (thats ok, its either made from petroleum byproducts, or some leftover of the paper industry!). Bastards.Can't just leave things alone hey.

So when is the FOTG product on shelf, T? Some balltearingly strong combo of chocamine, chilli and damiana, or somesuch :lol:

I love roasted jalepeno in superstrong cocoa, sweetened with nice strong dark honey but left just bitter enough to provide a sense of purpose... favourite additions for added godliness are peppermint, which I find to really work well with the basic cocoa enhancement (not for everyone, and only really good fresh pungent mint, and probably made more bitter than usual so its not oversweet,I don't drink after dinner mints in fact I cannot eat them) mace, good waxy stuff (luv-er-ley, always special) or nutmeg (still tasty, not as special somehow) damiana (heaps of feelgood energy, and divinity is all about creation, on a good day) but once again, only if very fresh and oily-fragrant, old powdery shit isn't a patch on it... also starting from COLD and not letting it boil ever, I treat it like custard or chai, I guess.

Special cocoa sipped while quidding calea, then heading to bed, produced profoundly more clearcut effects than calea on its own, so far. Ran out of calea, so it must have been ok ;) Similar thing happened when drinking cocoa and then taking valerian... like the brain goes down but the body doesnt realise, or something (pure conjecture, bear in mind thats also cocoa plus whatever crazy crap fell in it this week).

It's also very nice to sit admiring the scent of fresh oli flowers with a big mug of special cocoa in your hand.

One of the sweetest things I ever found in my garden was very young corn stalks, for a lil while there they're almost as tasty as fresh sugarcane... certainly would be easy enough to crush and use the syrup.

Now, for the most widespread and modern version of the FOTG... I'd say Baileys! There was also a bundy rum choc liquer, but they stopped making it (bastards, again). maybe the original was a "primitive" choccy liquer? Even a decent 5 percent with a cocoa buzz would be a helluva way to spend an evening, in a time of no TV. Easy to make a beer with corn sugar and the two ideas were going on side by side in the hands of fairly cunning sounding people... I'm sure someone slung em together at some stage.

VM

national geographic june 1977 has an article on the huichols called 'mexicos people of myth and magic'.

'......a mixture of ground peyote and 'nawa[accent on last a]' ,a thick sweetish beer made of sprouted corn.'

thought i'd resurect this thread because of chicha morada.........

t s t .

crumbed cutlets and mash potatey :drool2:

I wasn't going to revive this until actually doing some experimenting myself. The chicha morada [and the processes behind other chichas] gave me a whole lot of ideas. But they are just ideas until I actually try them. I would be much happier if I can make a corn and cocoa bean brew that tastes 'nice'. Tweaking it to taste heavenly should then be easy.