The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
deXtrous

Calea Zacatechichi

Hey all, I've become very interested in this plant in the past couple of weeks and I've been reading profusely about it since.. I, however, can not seem to find any sources to obtain a seed or plant..

I've heard "gomaos" has plants but I can't reach him anywhere (registrations on AE are bugged out)

Would anyone here be interested in trading for some p. cubensis spore prints or something?? I don't really have any other useful plants or things.. I can also always pay for one too..

Any information in regards to cultivation, extraction, dosages, etc. are encouraged to post here.

Here is some information I've gathered.

CULTIVATION

Originally posted by Hellonasty

Calea are pretty hardy and will grow extremely vigorously in

the warmer months. They need at least part shade and plenty of water, they seem to like

having wet feet.

It will grow in any potting mix it matters not, and any ferts you throw at it in the warmer

months it will love and grow.

not much else can be said its a very easy plant to grow once established. I'm not

from Melbourne but the only problem I can see is the cold. Calea does not like the

cold that much. Tends to brown/oranget the leaves, but they allways come back when

its warm again.

Originally posted by teonanacatl

i used normal potting mix, kept humid, seeds sown on surface, wait months, they look like weeds when they first germinate.

DOSAGE:

Originally posted by teonanacatl

calea for me was always hit and miss, somtimes i got the effects others i got nothing, for me it was a great deep sleep which was full of dreams and i woke up feeling great. the key i found was big doses and i hadta fall asleep within a few minutes of taking it otherwise it didnt work, which is harder then it sounds.

Originally posted by mescalito

Normally I'd smoke 3 large cones through a bamboo pipe but a bong works fine just before going to bed and that would bring on the most visual meaningful and brightly coloured dreams every time

Originally posted on shroomery.org

I use the 10x calea myself... much less to be consumed, when I use it I stop smoking pot for a few days (thc impaires rem) I drink a few cups of tea AND smoke a few bowls, on top of some melatonin vitamin b6 and b12... MAD lusid dreaming ensues, the fact I can go lusid basicaly by will obviously helps a lot, but recall and ease of going lucid increases considerably.

EXTRACTION:

Originally posted on erowid.org

Preparation(s) - THE SPECIFICS OF MY EXTRACTION METHOD: I boiled about 20oz of water in a pot with about 3 grams of calea down to around 3 oz of liquid (stove had been fixed over vacation (a promise from my landlord)), strained into a rinsed out 20oz iced tea bottle (this was just to maybe give it a little more potency, this step could be skipped if desired), shove 4oz more of calea in there, and then poured the absinthe in. Put the cap on very tightly and shook the shit out of it. Conveniently, I went camping for a few nights, so I wasn't tempted to finish the process too soon.

When I had arrived from vacation (which was only the night before last), I went to examine the sludge. Well, actually it should look about the same as after a couple hours after first mixing them. Except the liquid part was way more of a darker greenish-brown color. I gave it one last big shake before it was going on the stove. Boiled on medium (BE VERY VERY CAREFUL, HIGH ALCOHOL CONTENT = EXTREMELY FLAMABLE). I boiled for a little longer than most people probably would, even though it might have burned a little chemical away, I wasn't worried about it considering it was going to be potent anyway. The slightly longer boil resulted in an easier to manage, kind of flaky sustance. Which I was able to smoke that night. Unlike the nasty goopy shit I get by not boiling quite as long. Scraping the crusty residue from around the pot and letting it air dry only for a little while until ready to smoke.

Any more information you would like to add would be a good help :)

thanks

Hey all, I've become very interested in this plant in the past couple of weeks and I've been reading profusely about it since.. I, however, can not seem to find any sources to obtain a seed or plant..

Ahh, young Grasshoppper... your search-fu could do with some training. Try the SAB store...

SAB Calea!

Cultivation best done by cuttings which is very easy to do. Standard cutting mix, semi hardwood cutting with rooting hormone and it'll have roots in no time.

Its also not hard to grow - get a rooted plant, get it into the ground and it'll be overtaking your garden and needing to be pruned back heavily every 6 months. Quite frankly I'm sick of having to cut it back.

Dosage is pretty simple... get a shitload of leaves (and once its in the ground you will have no shortage of foliage), make into a strong brew, chill for easier downing, and throw down back of the throat. It can be smoked but its better to just drink it I find. Throw in a lil bit of brugmansia flower or leaf and you've got yourself a potent dream blend.

I've got an erowid report under brugmansia in the combinations section (submitted by IndigoSunrise) where the mixture was both smoked and drank, and had a very profound experience. Worth checking out for an interesting read.

In regards to extraction, I've heard getting a bunch of foliage together and just doing an acetone extraction seems to be the go. The more foliage, the better. Smoke or eat the resin produced.

Not much to this simple little plant.

Ahh, young Grasshoppper... your search-fu could do with some training. Try the SAB store...

SAB Calea!

Cultivation best done by cuttings which is very easy to do. Standard cutting mix, semi hardwood cutting with rooting hormone and it'll have roots in no time.

Its also not hard to grow - get a rooted plant, get it into the ground and it'll be overtaking your garden and needing to be pruned back heavily every 6 months. Quite frankly I'm sick of having to cut it back.

Dosage is pretty simple... get a shitload of leaves (and once its in the ground you will have no shortage of foliage), make into a strong brew, chill for easier downing, and throw down back of the throat. It can be smoked but its better to just drink it I find. Throw in a lil bit of brugmansia flower or leaf and you've got yourself a potent dream blend.

I've got an erowid report under brugmansia in the combinations section (submitted by IndigoSunrise) where the mixture was both smoked and drank, and had a very profound experience. Worth checking out for an interesting read.

In regards to extraction, I've heard getting a bunch of foliage together and just doing an acetone extraction seems to be the go. The more foliage, the better. Smoke or eat the resin produced.

Not much to this simple little plant.

Haha thanks Lachy, didn't even know there was a shop connecting to this site :BANGHEAD2:

IndigoSunrise, thanks a lot for the information, after reading your experience report on Brugmansia and Calea Z. I kind of want to grow some Brugmansia now also! hehe. I read through your report and, daymn! it sounds like you had an awesome time sleeping :P. Was the vividness of that dream a one off thing or is it constant every time you take the dream tea mix??? Sounds very interesting how you met that woman, I've heard some reports also where they meet this woman which they describe as the Dream Godess or something? lol

Also thanks a lot for the tips on cultivating Calea, very very much appreciated, sir!

I tend to grind/chop up a small handfull of dry leaf and mix it in a bowl of yoghurt with honey. Makes a nice before-bed dessert and it gets me a whee-bit sleepy in next to no time.

CALEA Z (and heimia s), I LOVE YOU.

i got my calea z and heimia s plants in the mail yesterday, and oh god last night was wonderful. i have never dreamt dreams as vivid as i did last night, never seen, experienced or been to places as i did last night, and never woken feeling so amazing, so...used. i say used in the sense of my life, my body as an object. for the past ten years or so i've felt so entirely numb, so completely without validation, but last night, this morning...i feel like my body reached some sort of epiphanous point of potential, of becoming. last night i became, and everything is perfect now.

and i flower this night with blossomed breath

of spiders and silvered rain;

of trawled sea and wintered skin;

of brim-banked rivers and lost kisses

on a lover's lips; oh there,

where my death has lost its years now.

herbalistics has good size bags of chopped calea leaf while ur waiting for your plant to grow

thomas, could you detail how you prepared your dream mix?

Edited by Uncle Staunch

The dreams with Calea often are deeply emotional...sometimes very scary ! I like :drool2: the bitter strains are awful in tea, what i used to do is a water extract smoked. Plain leaves worked too. You can use a little leave in cooking for a little bitterness...

adding shitloads of lemon juice to a tea helps alot. also, drink as much as u can in one go, as i find the bitterness only comes on when the inside of your mouth loses contact with the liquid. if that makes sense lol

herbalistics has good size bags of chopped calea leaf while ur waiting for your plant to grow

thomas, could you detail how you prepared your dream mix?

i ordered a few things from herbalistics a while ago but my order was never processed...oh well. my dream mix basically became me via extensive chewing of a few of the leaves, followed by smoking some of the leaf in a pipe (mixed with, and i don't know if this had anything to do with it, the leaves of the sinicuichi as well as some chopped up sinicuichi branch/twig, and a crushed acacia maidenii seed)...and yeah. i'm still feeling it now, my head is so nice and light and lovely. in regards to what i did...i got a whole bunch of stuff in the mail, looked online for methods and potential dangers, and couldn't find anything interesting...so i just mixed what i had :)

I usually just cram finely chopped Calea leaf into 00 capsules and eat three about 2 hours before sleep. I can't drink the tea and I can't smoke it. The first time I had Calea I'd missed reading the bitterness factor so I was keen to try some the first time I bought it but didn't have anything to smoke out of... what did I do? I grabbed a three-fingered pinch of it and stuffed it into my mouth. I was still trying to get rid of the taste hours later.

I've given a friend who doesn't often dream some Calea and he had pretty intense dreams, emotional dreams as someone above said. Not in a good way, so I won't be giving him any more until he can sort some of the issues out.

yes, some Calea dreams can be realy traumatising !

I don't know why it is ,But I have never had much success with this . I would always find it hard to get to sleep and then

In the morning i would remmember only a little about mostly short and disjointed dreams.

I have had more success with a single 5 mg valium before bed .

Got a large plant in my garden , maybe i should try a larger dose. ?

Have been so interested in Lucid dreaming for years. But only sometimes mange to actually have them.

Lucid dreaming is pretty cool, however it never seems to last very long for me. Once i identify that i am in a dream, which is by flying as somehow in my dreams i have taught myself you cant fly/float in real life, i am immediately sort of lucid dreaming. The whole dream just sort of goes away and mostly i will wake up. Wish i knew a better method, maybe those computerised lucid dreaming glasses or maybe i just need to try some of that funky sounding calea.

i've had some excellent and some disapointing results from dream herbs.

calea is a favorite but it keeps me awake and i usually use it for visions or daydreaming.

a few sessions every 6 to 12 months until it gives me my next step on the path to lucid dreaming.then i stop.

t s t .

Calea also keeps me awake....I think that's the way it works keeping you somewhere between sleep and awake having a lighter sleep enabling you to notice your dreaming and go into lucid. It doesn't seem to enhance the weirdness of my dreams in anyway at all just provides a clearer platform to move around in. But you don't really get a full rest and feel tried the next day.

I got some tincture somewhere maybe it's time to look into it again.

Edited by Birdwing

man i've basically depleted my supply of calea in two days, i've just been non-stop munching on the stuff. it's beautiful! i fell asleep with my eyes open last night, covered my head with a blanket so all was dark and then feel asleep, eyes open, asleep. i've also found it goes very nicely with a handful of red-white-blue hue (and slow, beat-laden lounge music - hotel costes, gotan project, cafe del mar...they're all brain-pokers)

i've got a cat

i've got a cat

swaying, spiraled in the breeze

tip-toeing across the picket fence

sleeping on my knees

Edited by thomas dylan

i've also found it goes very nicely with a handful of red-white-blue hue seeds

i take that back

my god this is horrible

everything is tingling and my vision is slow around the edges and bloating and there are germs on my eyes

calea z + red-white-blue hue = not cool

Edited by thomas dylan

Calea does very strong synergies with other substances...especialy with the "unmentionable "one...

Calea does very strong synergies with other substances...especialy with the "unmentionable "one...

edited my posts, thanks for the heads up :)

oh, i wasn't implying to edit your posts at all lol, i was speaking about a more controversed herb ! :lol:

I have been experimenting by powdering up to 8 grams of dried herbage, inlc small stems & flowers, and washing it all down with some water.

No results have been detected after 5 nights.

Hopefully the Silene plants I am growing prove more successful