The Corroboree
Genesis

A fantasic movie I highly recommend

Hey kids, I just finished watching this amazing movie.

Zeitgeist. Makes you ask alot of questions about the world we live in.

http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid...qDoDA&hl=en

Let me know what you think. Gen

I think people who start Zeitgeist threads should have their eyelids taped open and forced to read every single other Zeitgeist thread on this board as punishment...

... no that would be too cruel.

Has anyone seen what the bleep do we know? That was a pretty good movie.

Is this like terrible doco mentioning thread or something? :P

What I wanna know is what the bleep the producers of what the bleep do we know were taking at the time, and where the bleep do I get some.

EDIT: Bleep.

Edited by Sina

lol i've always had this fantasy about meeting some aliens who give me a vial of some kind of liquid from their glands which turns out to be the most potent psychedelic in the universe. Then i take it and they show me all the cool stuff in the universe.

So if anyone ever sees a guy sitting in the bush in the middle of the night then it's probably just me waiting to be ubducted.

cheers

sina - what the bleep wasn't that bad, just a fun mind trip really.

What the bleep was a load of bleep!

It really fucks me off when people lie and manipulate to put their point across. It's no different to what 60 minutes do to get a story.

It really fucks me off when people lie and manipulate to put their point across. It's no different to what 60 minutes do to get a story.

true true, tho if you're not the gullible type it's got some interesting thigns in there... 80% of it though is pretty cringe-worthy..

true true, tho if you're not the gullible type it's got some interesting thigns in there... 80% of it though is pretty cringe-worthy..

I kinda had the same view when I first saw it, but then I thought, "hey, the only reason I can actually sort most of the small amount of information from the bullshit is because I already know it."

If I already know the interesting stuff, there is no need to wade through all the nonsense.

I have only seen it once and it was some time ago but when I watched it I can't say anything struck me as being at odds with one or another interpretation of science associated with quantum phenonema.

I have only seen it once and it was some time ago but when I watched it I can't say anything struck me as being at odds with one or another interpretation of science associated with quantum phenonema.

Certainly

but quantum phenomena require interpretation, and there are many different interpretations

What the Bleep took the particular interpretations that most suited their particular paradigm and ran with them over the hills and far away, while presenting those interpretations as 'The Truth'.

Among other problems, which have been discussed ad nauseum previously.

Certainly

I wouldn't say certainly. They presented as evidence for their interpretation, 'experimental evidence' that is certainly unscientific. They also took the views of physicists out of context in order to support ideas that I'm sure those physicists would thoroughly disagree with. The views presented in WTBDWK are not actually consistent with any interpretation of quantum mechanics. Yes there are interpretations in which the observations we make are actually determined by the participation of the observer, but the distinction is that these observations still follow rules. It is only the choice between possible outcomes of an experiment that is determined by the observation, in these interpretations. It does not mean that thought can cause the fundamental laws of physics to be broken. It also does not mean that conscious thought has any bearing on the result of an experiment, apart from the fact that if I choose to perform one experiment on an electron it will appear to behave as a particle but if I choose to perform a different experiment it will appear to behave as a wave. I don't think that's exactly what the maker's of the show meant.

There was some real information in the show. Maybe ten percent or so, in the form of interviews and stuff, but that stuff would have to be taken out, re-edited, and made into a completely different show for it to make any scientific sense at all. Really, there are not going to be any scientists who take this show seriously. They had a four thousand year old mummy or something being interviewed.

:puke:

yeah ballzy i hear what you're saying, if i saw it again now i'd probably not be interested. When i saw it the first time though i didn't know much about what they were talking about so it turned me on to a lot of interesting stuff. I was able to sort the bullshit from the science though... for instance that physicist guy, i think his name was David someone, was pretty interesting. That show, The Elegant Universe, Cosmos and these weird OOBEs i was having at the time are what made me go to uni to do Psychology and Philosophy and actually try do something with my life

i'm not nearly up-to-date enough with physics to watch that movie and say 'that's misrepresented/false', but, i thought it was pretty awesome, probably because it's fairly similar to what i think. in fact, one of the guys being interviewed hit the nail on the head, in one particular clip.

what i disliked most was that woman. you know the one. who does she think she is, talking like that, pausing for drama constantly?

"Knight claims that she is Ramtha’s channel. She also owns the copyright to Ramtha"

heheh

"and conducts sessions in which she pretends to go into a trance and speaks Hollywood’s version of Elizabethan English in a guttural, husky voice."