The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Auxin

Salvia research (non S.divinorum)

moved (& edited for relevance) from another thread.

[ 27. May 2003, 21:06: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Cool, thanks.

Do you want me to draw a pic of cirsiliol so the non-IUPAC nomenclature savy can SEE how different it is to the salvia terpenes? I already drew a pic of a somewhat similar flavone- I could just tweak it a bit to make it cirsiliol if ya like.

Just an idea.

nice to see all of my research up there, all 10 pages of it if you want it.

yep thel, keep it coming.

auxin - yes, structures are always good.

thanks for the input guys!

Cirsiliol.jpg

AUXIN, could you have a go at the 6 on page 447 of phytochemistry, v.35, no2.

and the 3 on page 561 of phytochemistry v.28, no.2?

That would be a great help.

Workin' on Salvia melissodora are ya?

I could have a go at those if you tell me why you want those specific ones, I will have to re-figure out how that whole alpha/beta chiral isomer naming thing goes though (why cant they just use R/S :rolleyes: ).

What do they do?

I probably will move this to a different forum though, dont want to bug Torsten TOO much

[ 27. May 2003, 07:09: Message edited by: Auxin ]

a brief taxonomic note:

salvia divinorum and salvia madrensis both belong to the subgenus calosphace, section dusenostachys.

Hence this is where I originally started my investigations, with a 10X madrensis extract. (see earlier brief notes)

Then I began with others in the subgenus calosphace, such as melissodora, which is in section scorodonia. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to acquire any source material for this, despite persistent efforts. Someone has reported to me 2nd hand information that this salvia was inactive, but following this lead led to a person who hadnt bioassayed it at all.

Not too familiar with taxonomy, I wonder if someone could provide a list of other species in calosphace, section dusenostachys.

Certain other instinctual-shamanic thoughts as to the plant-form have also proved themselves to be worthy leads. I will post later about these 3 phenotypes I have found in salvia species that so far seem to be good indicators of their potential psychotropic potential.