The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
trucha

trich in need of an ID

Question

My guess/hope is this is something someone will recognize but I don't. I will get a shot of the spination uploaded soon.

THe color in reality is more vivid pink but the color of the photo is good other than that.

It was around 20 years old from a cutting and maybe 4 feet tall and 5 or 6 inches in diameter

It was from Carl Eltzner originally and is thought to have been wild collected in Argentina or Chile.

post-900-1212471996_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

Awesome flowers! :) Not the campanulate shape you'd expect from such a plant.

Must be a X wouldn't you say?

No idea. It is believed to be a wild collection but has always lacked a label.

I can't tell from the photos but is the flower hairy where it comes out from the plant.

Beautiful flowers, I've seen red, orange and yellow Tricho flowers but never that pink.

Great Plant! If the flower wouldnt be pink, i´d say schickendantzii! Maybe a wild hybrid? The Country Argentinia would fit! bye Eg

Great Plant! If the flower wouldnt be pink, i´d say schickendantzii! Maybe a wild hybrid? The Country Argentinia would fit! bye Eg

There's an identical plant not far from where I live, about 10foot talll with a 3 foot basal pup. Would be interested in a positive ID too :)

The flower base and tube look a lot like candicans, Lots of pointed projections from the podaria, light green with a yellow cast with sparse hair arising from the axils of the scales and podaria.