The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
chilli

Sufjan Stevens Serial Killer Song

I have been a bit of an admirer of the multi-instrumentalist folk-baroque singer-songwriter Sufjan Stevens for a few years now, and I have listened to this song quite a bit, but I only just found out the meaning of the song, which is about serial killer John Wayne Gacy, about an hour ago. Here is the clip of the song, which I still love, but now I also find it a bit disturbing:

I thought some here might find it marginally interesting, or at least a momentary distraction.

*edit* Here is a pic of Sufjan from wikipedia, for those who don't bother following the link, he's looks neat with the wings and everything:

post-1250-1210772858_thumb.jpg

And Gacy, for the morbid:

post-1250-1210774492_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sublime Crime

Yeah I really like Sufjan Stevens!

Have an alright concert of his in MP3 form I could email to you if you want a copy!

It has a live version of John Wayne Gacy, Jr.

SSportland.pdf

SSportland.pdf

SSportland.pdf

Edited by cisumevil

Yeah I really like Sufjan Stevens!

Have an alright concert of his in MP3 form I could email to you if you want a copy!

Thanks bro, I'd be keen to have a listen... maybe you could upload to mediafire or something in case others are interested or have slower connections etc?

Haven't seen you around the forums much lately, or have I just been hanging out in the more scurrilous areas? :) Moving back to Perth soon, still intend to finally catch up with the SAB crew over there, so stay safe!

*edit* I saw a live clip of the song on youtube as well.. is it from the same gig?

Edited by Sublime Crime

I'm a bit of a fan too -

I think I got the shivers and realised the nature of the song when I really listened to the lyrics..

"Look underneath the house there, find the few living things rotting fast in their sleep...... 27 people, even more, they were boys with their cars, summer jobs oh my god... "

Love it.

Yeah I log in everyday but mainly just to lurk!

Uploaded here......

http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=4n1sxajpcyg (1st 10 songs)

http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=ten2mpmgnwd (next 10 songs)

http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=z4cdninfbis (last lot here)

Hi all

I've heard a few of this guys songs, although it didn't really get my attention. I've heard of him because he's in the same sort of genre as Joanna Newsom who i'm a massive fan of. But i'm wondering if anyone here knows 'that one guy'? I heard one of his songs on spicks and specks and ever since then i've been trying to find some of his stuff. I think the song he played 'bananas' or something with bananas in the title. It sounded so awesome and his whole set-up and his style is fairly original.

Is

him?

You have heard of Google, right? :)

Is
him?

You have heard of Google, right? :)

Yeah that's him, lol yeah i know google. When i said i've been trying to find some of his stuff i meant in cd stores and the like. I've seen copius amounts of youtube videos of him. Although i must admit i haven't had a proper look yet..mainly because i've been after Isis cds :wink: