The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Yawning Man

Why i now hate Safeway.

I was at home when my mum asked me to run down to safeway to get -1/2 kg of Bacon and some puff pastry. No worries, so i hop in the car and 774 is on and they're discussing...Albert Hofmann and lsd. Awesome! I drive happily down to safeway, park and then realise i have to leave then car..noooo, i want to listen to the radio. After some time procrastinating i work out if i walk quickly and get everything i need i can be back in the car in at least 5-10 mins.

I walk into safeway and head to the deli.....WTF. Only one person behind the counter and a lot of customers ahead of me :BANGHEAD2:

So i take a ticket and wait......finally after what seemed like a life time i get served and what do you know..no bacon left. So now i have to wait for the lady serving to cut some for me. I finally get the bacon and rush to the frozen section to get the pastry. This is my own fault, but because i was power walking i went past the pastry a couple of times before i saw it, grabbed what i needed and ran like hell to the check outs. Luckily enough there was a checkout open which i went through. I ran to the car hopped in and BAM....it was over. How oh how i wanted to cry lol. Before i got out of the car they were talking to the head music writer for the age who had a lot of cool info about musicians who had been influenced by lsd.

God damn you Safeway and you poorly staffed/stocked stores!!

i'm out.

I ahte Safeway because they are part of the corporate duopoly that control our food security, it's scary to think about.

why didnt you just stay in the damn car??

ken oath.

I find bacon and pastry are always much more satisfying after listening to a bit of tripster radio

down with safeway and all corporate wankers who rip off their suppliers then mark up by 400% and rip us off ......

....if life were like a vidio game...!!!

its not just safeway its chain supermarkets, there is something inherently contaminative about he shopping experience at the best of times.

express checkout my ass..fuck I hate supermarkets! :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by Conan Troutman

Err you know ABC radio has downloadable recordings of most of their shows right?

Err you know ABC radio has downloadable recordings of most of their shows right?

Thank you Sina, thank you! Jesus on peyote- no i don't work at coles lol

hahahahahaha!

that is the perfect description of the safeway deli where i live....halfway across the fucking world.

one person behind the counter and ten people in line...sometimes there is another guy behind there fucking off with the meat or cheese or potato salad or some shit while everyone waits.

i got a job there when i was 16 and got the flu real bad about a week later, asked one of the managers if i could take some days off, had a doctors note, he said it was fine. got to work days later and another manager came up to me and told me they do not allow sick days during an employee's probationary period. so i got fired.

FUCK SAFEWAY

i just use them for their 89 cent money orders. and sloppy ass to mouth.

Umm just in case anyone's wondering the bacon and pastry were for chicken and vegi pie. This is no joke, when i got home my mum told me she forgot to get chicken.....HA

Really tasty stuff!

Which Safeway was it ?

the one in colac

OK thought it may have been close to where i am. Interesting that there are a few members from SW Vic on the forum these days, and Colac seems to have another member.