The Corroboree
rift3r

Are these p. subaeruginosa?

Question

I have no previous hunting experience. These were found under some ferns in damp dirt/grass/leaf litter, south coast NSW. The stems are hollow, and not completely white... bits of light brownish in places, and what I think is blue bruising, though the blue is not very prominent (not sure how bright the blue is supposed to be?)

DSCF1912.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

DSCF1916.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

DSCF1903.jpg

DSCF1918.jpg

That's not a partial veil near the top of the stem, the mushroom just got bent and damaged.

Click for photo of spore prints - mushrooms are partially dry

Are these p. subaeruginosa?

15 answers to this question

hey mate yup they look like them I can definately see bruising in your last pic and of in the one of the prints and dried shrooms. Im not sure about the other few but they look about right just double check all your finds for that blue look and wait till somebody with lots of posts confirms the id.

hey mate yup they look like them I can definately see bruising in your last pic and of in the one of the prints and dried shrooms. Im not sure about the other few but they look about right just double check all your finds for that blue look and wait till somebody with lots of posts confirms the id.

Amen mate - Good advice, they look good to me too. Spore print the lot until you get familiar with them - nice finds! :)

Looks like P. saubaeruginosa to me.

Yep

WTF, check out those gills. they dont look very dark to me

i'd say no dice brother

pffft stfu mu, get back in the shed.

gills on small specimens are typically pale

Thumbs up from this cunt.

no way PD, its too cold in there. too cold even for shroomies!

EDIT: thanks for pointin that out ballzac :)

Edited by mu.

unless my eyes are failing me that is definitely one petite and gorgeous sub

peace

and you've got a hand like a girl

Edited by meanies

looks very similar to the first sub i ever found :D congrats!! bet you were smiling all the way home!

Guest Øskorei
Thumbs up from this cunt.
and you've got a hand like a girl

LMAO, thanks guys for making me laugh after a hard day at work.

Can one of you elaborate on how you take prints when out in the field? My partner & I are going up to the Mountains this weekend for a bit of hiking, and never know what we might stumble across :)

:)

never really done spore collections in the wild - but this one time, on band camp, a chick I know took some nice middle aged mushrooms home and put the caps on a piece of paper with a glass over them... they left spores.

an she reckoned that if you were out walking and found likely suspects then it was a good idea to really know what you were looking for in a suspect first.

peace

Take birthday cards with envelopes and put ya shrooms in between them, put the card in an envelope, seal it up...bobs ya uncle while ya out hikin ya can collect spores all day long.

H.

Take birthday cards with envelopes and put ya shrooms in between them, put the card in an envelope, seal it up...bobs ya uncle while ya out hikin ya can collect spores all day long.

Fantastic idea Hunab - I haven't heard of that method before. Should work a treat because the envelopes would keep the caps fairly well wedged in the cards without much movement. Make for a nice b'day present too :P

p.s. there's been some hilarious one-liners in this thread :lol: