img0785wu7.jpg

2:

img0789zw8.jpg

img0790fx3.jpg

3:

img0782fj4.jpg

img0783rv4.jpg

10 answers to this question

The first one looks like peruvianus 'icaro'. Though I'm not sure cos the only one I have is still tiny, but looks like it. The second is cuzcoensis or peruvianus depending on who you ask. No idea on the last one

Edited by ballzac

The first one looks like a macrogonus i think, the last one looks like one i got from vlado the seed guy a few years ago..

Just to add

The first one came from Garden World in Edithvale, Melbourne. The guy i spoke to is the guy who id's all theirs and seems very knowledgeable (bit of a know it all though). He spoke about id'ing primarily with the flowers which made good sense at the time

The second one came from Happy High Herbs in Collingwood, Melbourne. It was labelled t.peruvianus

The third one was a cut i was given and was told it was t.macrogonus. What reinforces this is that about a year ago i picked up some sections from HHH labelled t.macrogonus which are identical to this one. Here's a pic I took of that one back then

picture001kp3.jpg

If it was labelled T. peruvianus at HHH, then it's probably an echinocactus or an opuntia :P

DUDE!!!! nice plant number 2

cuzcoensis maybe

looks alot like mine

Yah EG hit the nail o the head with no 3, I've got that one & bought it as mac too. Pretty plant thats about it.

1 looks pach to me nice one too, I've got one like that.

2 KK242oid (cuzcoensis)

1: Pachanoid or Peruvianoid intermeditate

2: Trichocereus cuzcoensis

No 3 = Trichocereus Knuthianus? bye Eg

Exactly what I thought as soon as I saw it!

Your firs specimen looks alot like the one I managed to collect here.

SMD1.jpg

SMD3.jpg

myperuvanius.jpg

It might be wishfull thinking but MS Smith seems to think it is a collected specimen as per this image

http://flickr.com/photos/msscacti/13875306...57600838061649/

Should it be a mix breed it must have been around now for a couple of years now judging by the size of this pappa tree I found on this dude's farm. So much for dudes claiming the seed var's are their doing.

SMD4.jpg

They are beutifull never the less and I grabbed some more cuttings from the dude the moment I saw the specimen with the 9+ ribs.

The bigger tree has only 7 ribbed trunks.

Also, check out this page then click on "complete list"

http://www.sacredcactus.com/peruvian_torch12.htm

Check out nr 6 and 7 in his list. He mentions glaucus as his last option but I think glaucus was a mislabelled ball shaped cactus that got mixed up on the truck.(I suspect the collector gave a bunch of indians a lift, while having a truck load of mesc cacti cuttings. Not a good idea. LOL!!!)

Both MS Smith and SacredCacti seems to think that it deserves the label T.peruvanius atleast but I guess know one knows forsure.

I'd like to think that Karel collected the specimen from the wild in this form.

That first one is awesome, are the spines that red in real life? Some kind of peruvian, surely... from what I recall, it looks very similar to a cutting I was going to buy off Rev a couple years back, before he burned it do death.

Second one looks exactly like a KK242/cuzcoensis.

The third one I thought was a knuthianus, but it looks sort of rounded, but I think it may be a. because it's juvenile and getting fatter and b. exacerbated by the camera lens.