The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

Is it legal to import morning glory seeds?

While researching ipomoea alba I came across these suppliers of all sorts of morning glory seeds in USA, with beautiful pictures as well( I think it's called outsidepride.com)as very reasonable prices. As far as I remember it's illegal to import ipomoea seeds, but I thought I'd rather ask.

BTW there is no mention at all at erowid about ipomoea alba...

The last 3 non customs listed species I trid to import were confiscated by customs. They were also permitted by quarantine, so there was really no excuse. One of them was an australian native!!!

if you do try to import any, make sure that none have any listing for LSA's anywhere in the literature and especially on the web. That's the main place they look for incriminating evidence.

if you are unsure about a species, simply send a letter to customs asking them to make a ruling on that species. Once you have a positive ruling they cannot confiscate it.

does ipomoea alba contain active alkaloids??

I think I have some growing near me. If you can tell me how to tell it apart from other species, I can find out for sure, and would be happy to send you some or do a trade if it turns out to be the right one.

mr b.caapi:

does ipomoea alba contain active alkaloids??

I had a dream today and during that dream some elves told me that the equivalent of one i.alba seed=2,5 violacea seeds. That's something to be disproven, since in the same dream the hindu god shiva also appeared and he deluded everything...(or should i say "amplified"?)

However, the elf said he had 20 alba seeds and it felt like 50 violacea seeds.

The elf also bothered me and went to my toilet 3 times, but he said it wasn't uncomfortable, in fact he felt quite relieved.

The elf also said he has found rivea corymbosa vine that looks like it's just about to flower...whatever that may be

yep, Rivea is just about to flower in these parts.

my rivea has been threatened that some of it will become cuttings if it doesn't flower and seed this year!

t s t .

edit

Edited by Rev

Originally posted by t st tantra:

my rivea has been threatened that some of it will become cuttings if it doesn't flower and seed this year!

Funny that. My Rivea is at a friends place and it has to move before spring cos it hadn't seeded and I can't leave it there. So I thought I'd dig it up as it wasn't flowering. I dug one side of the pot and massive rootsystem, but then got distracted. The next day i started digging again and that's when I noticed thousands of flowerbuds on it. I ma sure they weren't there the day before

Anyway, most of the larger concolvulaceae take 2-3 years to flower and only if they are in the ground. Mine is 4 years old.