The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

ghosts?? and schizo

Before I did a shite load of drugs - I mean I smoked a bit but otherwise i was just a piss-head fromj the country I experience a ghost.

Not one of your 'place back an experience in your location and you can watch like a movie' ghosts. Im talking a ghost that wanted to hassle my ass, wanted to have parties where my flatmate heard it, etc etc - wanted to jump pn me when i was asleep ghosts.e

Sometimes I wonfer whether it was a spirit trying to tell me to stop my life plan at the time with ultimately resulted in me taking every psychedelic i could get my hand on in huge quantities. But then why would it do that? Im a more grounded humanitarian with a connection to nature and the cosmos than I would have ever had if id stayed my path as a wide-eyed country boy wanker??

Afyer we left the flat at least twice the thing followed me. It made its strange bubbly noise - like a weird fishing rod when it s being wound in. if you ever experience a ghost you will know what i mean. In the end my will was strong and it left me, but not without featrs that still affect me in the cold at night by myself.

Weirdest of all - my old flatmate, a calm dope smoker is now a full blown diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic. He lost the plot in the last few years and for some reason i cant help but thinking it has something to do with the ghost.

it worries me as he was a good good friend of mine. How could he go from totally sane to totally paqranoid, everyone is talkming about him paranoid in two years??

But yet I believe that thing would not be that powerful unless you let it. But he was isolated for a long time. I on the other hand have a very strong ego/personlaity that at times affects even my tripping fluency.

what thing ye of the othersifde??

don't know about the ghost thing, but i've seen a couple ov heavy smokers go schizo, requiring hospitalization.

both were in their early 20's & subject to quite abit ov physical & mental stress at the time. one was an apprentice chef, the other a ballet/contemporary dance student.

i don't think there was a specific "trigger" experience or even a definite day you could say "this was when they started to go 'weird'". It just became gradually apparent over the course ov about 6 months that stuff they were saying was getting further & further from true. As time went on using those distortions ov truth as a foundation ever more elaborate fantasies were constructed.

this ties in with the other thread 'shamans view of skizophrenia'

i am quite fond of the theory that skizophrenics are afflicted by spirits, but IB will be quick to point out that i don't really know :)

Iv always thought that skizophrenia is like some sort of a "door way" seeing as most of the geniuses of the past have been somewhat oddballs. but again, im not a nuroscience dude so its just a theoretical guess.

i reckon being subjected to a larger slice of reality would be much like tripping all the time.

Iv always thought that skizophrenia is like some sort of a "door way"

i don't think you really have any idea on the nature ov schizophrenia. Have you seen "A Beautiful Mind?". John Nash would probably have been a genius despite his illness not because ov it.

The paranoid delusions he had (secret missions for the government, being followed by foreign agents, etc) were a "door way" to hospitalization & a lifetime ov medication, & that seems to be the case for most schizophrenics.

The assertion that

most of the geniuses of the past have been somewhat oddballs
seems to be a wildly inaccurate generalization. Edited by nabraxas

i don't think you really have any idea on the nature ov schizophrenia. Have you seen "A Beautiful Mind?". John Nash would probably have been a genius despite his illness not because ov it.

The paranoid delusions he had (secret missions for the government, being followed by foreign agents, etc) were a "door way" to hospitalization & a lifetime ov medication, & that seems to be the case for most schizophrenics.

The assertion that seems to be a wildly inaccurate assertion.

Who are YOU to question their reality, or say who and who isn't a genius... where are your credentials, goddammit?!

Yeah, that's what I thought... now get out of here, what with your fancy "SCIENCE" and "REASON" and blah blah BLAHHH!

where are your credentials, goddammit?!

right her in my lucy i have a carte blanche that says, well actually it says nothing at all because it's blanche, but it infers that i have absolute omniscience in these matters & it's more absolute than yours, so there.

Also i used the terms "probably" & "seems" because i don't want to make definitive statements.

Edited by nabraxas

arnt we touchy today, dident you get my last line?

"but again, im not a nuroscience dude so its just a theoretical guess"

Hardly definitive and is part of a discussion, not a ruling.

There really is a fine line between genius and insanity, and not all schizophrenics are geniuses, abiet there are different levels of insanity, some can cope and other cannot. i dident say a dumbshit (just a generalization) who suddenly falls into schizophrenia instantly becomes a genius.

and lucy.. well that just sends you into a temp psychosis, sooo if that is your credentials, then what are we disagreeing on lol ( if i read into it right)

Not picking an argument,i respect you and your insightful posts.

i should have posted my first post in more detail.

Peace

Hardly definitive and is part of a discussion, not a ruling.

There really is a fine line between genius and insanity, and not all schizophrenics are geniuses, abiet there are different levels of insanity, some can cope and other cannot. i dident say a dumbshit (just a generalization) who suddenly falls into schizophrenia instantly becomes a genius.

and lucy.. well that just sends you into a temp psychosis, sooo if that is your credentials, then what are we disagreeing on lol ( if i read into it right)

Not picking an argument,i respect you and your insightful posts.

i should have posted my first post in more detail.

Peace

Bro, I don't know if you meant me or Nabraxas, but I'm just joking, and not even about you or actually anyone on this thread... just amusing myself, but I forget other people generally don't appreciate it... it's like masturbating in public I guess... sorry! Seriously, wasn't having a go at you or your post... hard to believe, I know. :)

I'm pretty sure Nabraxas is just joking too... either that, or he's genuinely insane.

So, he's not joking.

^joke

Nabraxas, I try and qualify my statements with all that PC stuff too, but it never works!

Guest Øskorei
but I'm just joking, and not even about you or actually anyone on this thread...

Sublimey wasn't even responding to this thread at all - he mistook it for another one he's active in at the Mattel website called "Does My Venice-Beach Barbie sing to me at night?" The contemporary dance post threw him off.

I think you meant me?

Apologies if i came across as touchy. i didn't think i was that stroppy, just abit critical ov your theoretical guess.

Lucy locket = pocket.

lol, ah k.Yea my post was to Nab. i kinda guessed your post sublime was a self amusing joke lol.

Damn the internet and its mis-communications lol. Someone should really make a voice forum.

Apology accepted, and i also apologies for the misinterpretation.

Don't bother shutting the gate cos this thread's already bolted.

Wow.

how is an australian meant to know that lucy locket = pocket. thats a stupid pommie thing, also one of the stupidest pommie things.

Don't bother shutting the gate cos this thread's already bolted.

Wow.

Yeah, but this thread is a infuriatingly confusing duplicate, so it's not really thread rape... it's more like having a clone of someone you would dearly love to rape which you can legally do whatever you want with, including rape.

Guest Øskorei

... and cleaning the bathroom

To get it nice and clean for raping?

John Saffran in his incredibly boring radio show had a guest that suffered from depression and noticed that peeps with mental diseases tended to have religious experiences. Not religious thoughts, but full-blown weird as shit paranormal religious experiences... which, conventionally seem insane. Much like the theory that there is some kind of distortion of space/time that is dependent on the relative position of everything.. relative to everything... Time flowing faster and slower like waves rippling in a pond.

Or THIS guys theory I found totally at random the other day.

...yerr anyway point is, this connection is often noticed. The paranormal and insanity.. seeing as the defintion of sanity is what we consider normal. The interview was crap so I need to read the book "living with a black dog" .. I think.

/end random book promotion.

P.S. I inted to make sweet love to this thread.

A friend of mine smoked alot of pot back in the day... I mean ALOT. That and other things led her to go a lil strange, she called us up once telling us there was a ghost in the house and she sounded super fucking freaked. So being good friends we rocked up to her mums house (Her mum was out), only to find her hiding under her blanket in bed. We announced that we were there and she proceeded to tell us "it" was in the wardrobe. We look over to the wardrobe and notice her jackrussle is growling at the door. Opened it and there was nothing there. So we think shes lost it and are a lil weirded out etc. Apparently this happened a couple of times where she called her mum to come home or another friend to come over then next thing we know she is in a Psyc ward down in Melbourne.

I don't know what was wrong with her exactly I think she just lost the plot for a while there and needed help. ANYWAY when she got out she was told us some stuff... Over a few pipes... about her stay.

She was saying that on the first night she was nodding off to sleep and a boy under her bed grabbed hold of her arm so as you do she freaked out started screaming and calling for help, nurses rocked up and there was nothing there etc.

A few days later she swears she saw death, as in the skull and cloak dude, walking the halls. She was like weirded out, then was like "I AM In a psych ward".

The way she told us it was a few days later or somthing and she was in her room and saw death again following some guy that walked past her door. So shes like yer again, cool what ever. Then the next day she found out that the dude killed himself in that night.

Now I don't belive in things of this nature as a rule, but her telling us the story you could tell she was deadly serious. It legitimatly scared the fuck out of her.

Just on topic of using drugs and seeing ghosts, thought I would share her story with you.

Sadly to say the same mate of mine I mentioned here OD'ed on the weekend and is laying in ICU as we speak. Coincidence? Doubt it...

Gen

Sadly to say the same mate of mine I mentioned here OD'ed on the weekend and is laying in ICU as we speak. Coincidence? Doubt it...

The only reasonable conclusion I can think of is that a ghost must somehow have been involved.

The only reasonable conclusion I can think of is that a ghost must somehow have been involved.

Yer for starters thats not cool, a friend of mine is fucked up at the moment and you make jest of it and secondly I thought it was weird that it happened to her then I came across this thread. Drug related ghosts, thought her story was appropriate. Thirdly fuck you,

Gen

ahhh don't get too worked up by that guy. he is always joking, even when i can't tell. sorry about your friend.

Yer for starters thats not cool, a friend of mine is fucked up at the moment and you make jest of it and secondly I thought it was weird that it happened to her then I came across this thread. Drug related ghosts, thought her story was appropriate. Thirdly fuck you,

Gen

I wasn't making fun of your friend, just your dumb comment... I genuinely thought you were saying a ghost was involved somehow, if that's not what you meant then I retract my statement and +1 coin's question.

ThunderIdeal has the right approach... just think of me as some kind of weird "that guy," then no one gets offended plus it saves time.