The Corroboree
Taxman

Blue Mountains pine forests

Question

Hey,

I just moved up to the Blue Mountains, from Brisbane, and I'm out of the loop in terms of species I could find up here. My roomy and I went out to the pine forests to get some saffron milk caps, found a shitload of amanitas, and a couple of blue staining brown nipply looking things, but nothing like the copelandias and cubs I'm used to up North.

Would someone have some links to photos of local wood loving species?

Cheers

4 answers to this question

the shroomery holds all the answers, alternatively try UTSE here or digging through last years melbourne finds thread.

blue staining brown nipply things sounds like you could be on the right track but thats a pretty vague description and youll struggle to get confirmation from it. pics would help

Yeah, I forgot to take snaps of them, and I wasn't game to try em til I could find some ID. Next time, though.

Cheers for the links!

look up psilocybe subaeruginosa. look at as many pictures of em as you can cause they seem to have a whole heap of different ways they like to grow :)

hey if u run into tarnicus get him to let us knowwhats goin on with his 'Get Rooted' healing workshop/conference!!!!

where the hell is he? hope hes ok!