The Corroboree
Torsten

Lismore man charged with manufacturing DMT

A few weeks before all the raids in the Northern Rivers region in late 2006, a raid in Lismore made the papers. I posted the link at the time, but it is now dead. The original article did not mention any drugs, but the grapevine said that DMT manufacture was involved. The grapevine also said that the authorities were not interested in DMT and that he got off.

Not so it seems. Todays northernstar reports that Rainer Grimm was charged with cultivating, supply and possession of cannabis [19 plants and 1580g herb], possession of 527 tabs of LSD, and manufacture and possession of 10.01g DMT.

I am curious why it took them so long to bring charges. This is 18 months after the raid and he hasn't even entered a plea yet.

Anyway, next time someone tells you that DMT is under the radar, think again.

Guest Øskorei

Yah ! Perhaps I remember this ... cops seeking out an amphetamine 'factory' and instead discovering a DMT 'lab' which at the time was suggested (here at SAB) that this was the beginning of the end. Wasn't that gonna be the end of Ethnobotany as we know it ?

From the brief post, Torsten, one can only speculate (c'mon, you have given very little other info here! :) ) that this guy might well have been done for DMT in 'Ø6' but maybe the legal system couldn't quite work out how to charge him.... so they instead kept him under survelliance until such a time that they could nab him for he more accessible charges of ganja & acid. It's Leary percecution all over again.

Does anyone know Rainer Grimm ? FOAF of SWIM that Gnomes met perhaps ? Or at least. can some of us reflect upon our lives over the past few years and wonder if we might have been inadvertantly touched by Rainer Grimm ? C'mon, the dude was charged with a decent qty of herb, and a shitload of tabs that goes far beyond the 'local stoner'. He's no dopubt a player in the 'dealer' community, and his touch may spread far & wide.

WHere the hell is that original thread about this encoroachment on psych-Oz-Style ? Maybe I should UTFSE ! Woooooooooooooooooo

Go on, rape me. That'll teach me for contributing to threads while drunk.

Ø :)

i dont think rape is necessary. everyone knows ur a slut.

Guest Øskorei
i dont think rape is necessary. everyone knows ur a slut.

Um, and of the thread topic, Jono ?

Yah ! Perhaps I remember this ... cops seeking out an amphetamine 'factory' and instead discovering a DMT 'lab' which at the time was suggested (here at SAB) that this was the beginning of the end. Wasn't that gonna be the end of Ethnobotany as we know it ?

No one ever said it was the end of ethnobotany. However, it was the end of the total naivety that DMT enjoyed up to that point. Possibly the first bust of DMT manufacture in this country which means it would have made it into all the law enforcement bulletins etc.

From the brief post, Torsten, one can only speculate (c'mon, you have given very little other info here! :) ) that this guy might well have been done for DMT in 'Ø6' but maybe the legal system couldn't quite work out how to charge him.... so they instead kept him under survelliance until such a time that they could nab him for he more accessible charges of ganja & acid. It's Leary percecution all over again.

The charges all stem from the same raid I believe, so .... no. I gave little info because I already provided all the relevant info re the raid over a year ago and the new article was very short indeed. It was inf act just about the fact that the hearing was postponed till the 8th of April. I'll try and post more info then.

Does anyone know Rainer Grimm ?

yes, met him a few times in planty/hippy/doofy circles.

Go on, rape me.

bend over... I'll get a broom handle :bootyshake:

Guest Øskorei
Possibly the first bust of DMT manufacture in this country which means it would have made it into all the law enforcement bulletins etc.

Indeed, but have there been any significant ripples in the 'community' as a result of this discovery since Ø6? I'm saying "no" ! C'mon man, he was pinned for the more comprehensible (in a legal sense) drugs like acid & shiva. I'll bet that the DMT charges weren't even entered into, until the prosecuting parties decided that they'd throw an exotic into the mix in the vain hope that a precedent would be set, and the case would be spoken of for years to come as "the dudes to sentenced a DMT Don". Maybe those same prosecuting lawyers might pop up in a couple of years as public servants and commence a witch-hunt... shame that DMT usage is so freaking small as a percentile of australian society.

Øskorei: Does anyone know Rainer Grimm ?

yes, met him a few times in planty/hippy/doofy circles.

This was my point..... from the major/common drug aspect of the bust (the acid & the weed), this alone would place him in a situation where the 6-Degrees aspect might suggest that many people here may have been touched by his product. Or maybe I'm being naïve.. is 527 'trips' in a society where 0.001% engage - a reasonable estimation that this guy was a serious player beyond the DMT ? My uneducated conclusion is 'yes'.

bend over... I'll get a broom handle :bootyshake:

No need to get sexy with me, young man. Give me the mop-head-end of that stick or go to hell. I care not for your cleaning-lady-persona foreplay :P

Maybe people getting busted for DMT manufacture isn't such a bad thing. We all know that when busts are common, a certain percentage ends up being used by the cops who do the busts (overall). I don't know whether a hypocritical crack smoking copper would have an enlightening experience and change his ways, or just get spanked really hard if he had a go of someone elses STOLEN DMT, but either way it would be a positive outcome. In this one case the percentage would amount to 0 cops doing it most probably, but by the time thousands of people got busted, you may have dozens of cops getting their arses spanked

Now that I read what I just wrote I realise that I am full of shit. But it's nice to try to see the silver lining. :rolleyes:

I concur it would be great to have big piles of DMT alongside all the other substances piled up by our boys in blue, for recirculation to the wider public!

c'mon, guys, can we make THAT pile of DMT bigger than the piles of coke, meth and eccies?! :wink:

Maybe people getting busted for DMT manufacture isn't such a bad thing. We all know that when busts are common, a certain percentage ends up being used by the cops who do the busts (overall).

In the old days it used to be only a very few people to whom you would have this "knowing" sense of having been to the same places, having seen the same stuff... now I have it with cops, when they pull me over for breathalising or when I ask for directions... what is the world coming to?

10.01 grams... I don't think so! :P

Julian.

Edited by folias