The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mescalito

Must Haves!

If someone was to really care about ethnobotany and our freedom , What must haves would one collect before they are ,let's say OUTLAWED.

Now, we don't really want to do the work for THEM, do we?

So I really hope no one is going to print a list here. The best thing you can do is to stay informed and get things as they are being announced to be outlawed. We usually make a bit of noise about such news, so it isn't too hard to stay on top.

last year it would have been sally. This year it is going to be kratom. Surely they will take offence to cacti eventually... etc

Torsten:

last year it would have been sally. This year it is going to be kratom. Surely they will take offence to cacti eventually... etc

how long before we see some sort of botany squad? you know, maybe starchy and husk, cause really the average knob cop aint got a fucking clue what a sally plant is let alone what it looks like

Love your optimism there cob

Can see them ten years down the track, armed with a Mabberley's, a newly developed & wholly unreliable spot test for genetic material and half a clue, tramping yer heirloom tomatoes while ripping your garden apart with no apologies or reparations when they find out two weeks later that your sallys are a perfectly legal species. Tying you up in court for yeeeears debating taxonomic fine points

Gawd the mood I am in.. I think I will cull myself for the rest of the evening before I say anything else I don't like... back to the test tubes

botany squad lmao!! imagine the paperwork theyd have to do!!! and the testing!!

all i can say to the anti-nature ,pro police state ,pig nosed bastards is "bring it on" :D

The more plants and substances they make illegal the less effectively and efficiently they can enforce the laws. A cop with 42 weeks of police academy training barely knows where to stick the batton (without hurting or enjoying himself), so how are they going to tell that many plants apart. A speciliased botany squad is a different story though.

I guess what they would be aiming for are highly sensitive spot tests that any dumb ass cop can use (like they have for heroin and speed), however then they open a can of worms they probably didn't realise was even there. Imagine if they seriously had to restrict the cultivation and sale of all plants that contain psychoactive compounds. The horticulture industry would either go bust or become a powerful ally for us.

[ 20. April 2003, 01:49: Message edited by: Torsten ]

I totally agree . if they try to police or make illegal every plant containing psychoactive subsatances there goes a majority of most of the plant material on the planet . Even herbs which are only used for medicinal purposes contain substances which can affect the human conciousness . Dosage and THE MIX are the critical factor.

[QB] The more plants and substances they make illegal the less effectively and efficiently they can enforce the laws. A cop with 42 weeks of police academy training barely knows where to stick the batton (without hurting or enjoying himself), so how are they going to tell that many plants apart. A speciliased botany squad is a different story though.

I guess what they would be aiming for are highly sensitive spot tests that any dumb ass cop can use (like they have for heroin and speed), however then they open a can of worms they probably didn't realise was even there. Imagine if they seriously had to restrict the cultivation and sale of all plants that contain psychoactive compounds. The horticulture industry would either go bust or become a powerful ally for us. :cool:

[ 20. April 2003, 03:15: Message edited by: Herbmajik ]

"Imagine if they seriously had to restrict the cultivation and sale of all plants that contain psychoactive compounds."

Worse still, what if they did that AND banned all products with 'drug precursors'. Corn has DMT precursors; many grains, numerous woods, walnuts, and even potting soil have mescaline precursors, black pepper has MDMA precursors, all the daturas and brugs have cocaine precursors, milk and meat have DMT precursors, many many many plants have precursors to hallucinogenic amphetamines.

If a government makes everything illegal the only thing thats really illegal is the government.

"A cop with 42 weeks of police academy training barely knows where to stick the batton (without hurting or enjoying himself)"

You mean the night sticks ARE NOT for that? No wonder I could never find the place to put the batteries in it

Heheheh, I'll offer my "expertise" to the pigs for lots of $$ and of course gladly misindentify the species of plants for the real ethno - enthuasiasts.

thats why kratom is just a guava tree...

ephedras are the whizzeling tree, i mean the coastal she oak...

catha becomes camellia or so... :D

Gotchya!!

Will keep informed :cool: