The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tardistestpilot

band i have joined

http://www.myspace.com/aurorasound my new band ive joined we will be doing more recording with the full band in a cpl of months and will add my bass tracks to these acoustic recordings ...so whats you guys reckon anyway ?

we will be doing live shows in melbourne as an acoustic show

and a full band heavy rock stoner styles in a cpl of months

this is not techno but I like all styles of music when done well please come check us out

will let yas know when we are playing

http://www.myspace.com/aurorasound my new band ive joined we will be doing more recording with the full band in a cpl of months and will add my bass tracks to these acoustic recordings ...so whats you guys reckon anyway ?

this is not techno but I like all styles of music when done well please come check us out

heavy rock stoner styles ey :scratchhead:

QUOTE (tardistestpilot @ Mar 15 2008, 08:23 PM) *

heavy rock stoner styles ey :scratchhead:

ok you will get it when ya hear it just google stoner rock

Edited by tardistestpilot

I've had a bit of a listen and I don't mind your acoustic stuff at all. However, I can't imagine how this material would sound as "heavy stoner rock"... so I'm actually kinda curious to see what you do with it. I'll watch this space. :)

I've had a bit of a listen and I don't mind your acoustic stuff at all. However, I can't imagine how this material would sound as "heavy stoner rock"... so I'm actually kinda curious to see what you do with it. I'll watch this space. :)

hey thanks for the comments mate B) its sorta stoner influenced riff orientated heavy rock and is working out to our ears

very very well :o will be doing live shows soon will keep posted

Guest Øskorei

Tardis, what do you consider 'stoner', and may I ask, not as a wizened cunt but a genuine observer into trends, what age bracket you are ? I personally love that younger folk sometime cite stoner bands as influences before their time.

Heavy Stoner for me would include (in no particular order) "The Sword", "Kyuss", "Black Sabbath", "Thumlock", "Downtime", "Fu Manchu", "Brant Bjork & the Bros", and some other hybrid stoner/rock/prog kickarse stuff like Hendrix, Tool, Mars Volta etc.

Man, what are your influences ? What do you wear on your sleeve ? Very interested, eh.... as this forum doesn't tend to speak much of moooooooosic.

Øskorei, those were kinda my thoughts too. Whilst listening, I thought "gee, this doesn't sound too much like Kyuss to me". I'm curious to hear your questions answered too.

Whilst I'm no musician, I do love listening to music and chatting to musicians about what they "do".

hey. i dig the stuff. i too play in a band that i would sort of classify as heavy/stoner/rock....we're called regular john you can check us out at myspace.com/regularjohnmusic we're playing with the datsuns tonight at the annandale hotel in sydney if anyone reads this in time....should be good. hopefully.

peace.

Edited by holymountain

Guest Øskorei
we're playing with the datsuns tonight at the annandale hotel

Damn I can't believe I missed this :( Have seen the Datsuns on their last few tours, shame their light is waning in the public eye, considering how huge they were in Europe about three/four years ago. How was the show ?

Tardis, what do you consider 'stoner', and may I ask, not as a wizened cunt but a genuine observer into trends, what age bracket you are ? I personally love that younger folk sometime cite stoner bands as influences before their time.

Heavy Stoner for me would include (in no particular order) "The Sword", "Kyuss", "Black Sabbath", "Thumlock", "Downtime", "Fu Manchu", "Brant Bjork & the Bros", and some other hybrid stoner/rock/prog kickarse stuff like Hendrix, Tool, Mars Volta etc.

Man, what are your influences ? What do you wear on your sleeve ? Very interested, eh.... as this forum doesn't tend to speak much of moooooooosic.

yes influences as above but as influences/inspiration only

and i have seen kyuss live in brisbane in the 90s cant remember exact year

also the mars volta

still dig sabbath saw ozzy last week awesome

so we probably wont come across as a kyuss or fumanchu clones or do we try to but we dig

what is stoner rock ......so hard to say what we sound like as it is pointless really we can only quote influences i spose

Conan Troutman Posted Yesterday, 03:00 AM

HAHAHA look at my name? You think I neeed to 'google' stoner rock??

muaauauahhahahha ok dude i sorry man how silly of me :slap::lol: never made the connection how dumb :rolleyes:

hey. i dig the stuff. i too play in a band that i would sort of classify as heavy/stoner/rock....we're called regular john you can check us out at myspace.com/regularjohnmusic we're playing with the datsuns tonight at the annandale hotel in sydney if anyone reads this in time....should be good. hopefully.

peace.

hey nice one yes like what yas doin man....... bro how did the gig go hope all went good?

and thanks for the comments people

hey the gig was good. datsuns were rocking as usual. it is a shame not many people care anymore. i guess thats what happens with hype. but these guys deserved the hype. either way it was a pleasure to play with them as they have been a favourite of mine for a while. for me stoner rock basically means metal riffs played at a slower pace than usual. it's like playing metallica on 33rpm instead of 45rpm. there's all different sorts of music. i find it funny that the genres are named after whatever drugs the audience or musicians are on. eg. speed metal, stoner rock, psychedelic rock, acid house. just goes to show drugs can play a big part on perception of music...sometimes you can't really appreciate certain groups until you go where they have been. e.g it took me a few tabs to realise just why the chemical brothers were called chemical brothers and to know what sort of experience jimi hendrix was talking about or to understand what the beatles 'tomorrow never knows' really means... ahhh if it wasn't for the beatles talking things up. i would never have begun my psychedelic quest. praise you lennon!

i don't think the term speed metal has anything to do with that kind of speed but maybe it does. i think it's just a term given to a type of metal that was new at the time, which was fast, technical, often with politicised or otherwise deep lyrics, ala megadeth and metallica

anyways..

i saw the datsuns open for metallica they seemed like a real cool band. didn't realise they were quite popular for a while.

drugs and music are like the chicken and the egg. it's like that spaceman 3 album 'taking drugs to make music to take drugs to'. :)

i don't think the term speed metal has anything to do with that kind of speed but maybe it does. i think it's just a term given to a type of metal that was new at the time, which was fast, technical, often with politicised or otherwise deep lyrics, ala megadeth and metallica

anyways..

i saw the datsuns open for metallica they seemed like a real cool band. didn't realise they were quite popular for a while.

...ahhh if it wasn't for the beatles talking things up. i would never have begun my psychedelic quest. praise you lennon!

hahaha... I'm glad lennon brought you to the light, the psychedelic path is indeed an interesting one!

Godspeed

Ok we have a gig at the noise bar/Railway Hotel in Brunswick Melbourne sunday 12th october 2008 it will be without a drummer so bass/ guitar /vocals and will be all our :wub: awwww :wub: nice songs :lol: if yas need to avoid a family gathering or just bored please come give some support

http://www.myspace.com/aurorasound

some new demos up on myspace http://www.myspace.com/aurorasound

Aurora

22/04/2009 8:00 PM at Ding Dong Lounge

Level 1, 18 Market Lane. Melbourne, Mighty Melbourne, Victoria 3000

Cost: $6.00

We are at full throttle and in full swing and complete with the excellence of Michael on drums, we are playing our fist full band gig at the mighty Ding Dong Lounge in the heart of Melbourne, on alcoholics night, Wednesday the 22nd of April. We are priviledged to be sharing the stage with the following bands; Penumbra, Two Quirks and Violet Town.