The Corroboree
friendly

anyone had yopo?

I've had Anadenanthera colubrina seeds before, and this is nothing like that. There is a modicum of tobacco in it, but when smoked--which is what I did as I can no longer insufflate materials due to health concerns. It was very visionary--but not hallucinatory, in the truest sense of the word--and unbelievably mellow and relaxing. It is definitely for opening, as I haven't been that open in years.

Bufotenine is a secret hidden in plain view :wub:

My experiences with Bufotenine were different, even those from toasted Anadenanthera seeds, which I have no doubt constitute the majority of the snuff.

Tobacco is definitely a component, but is only detectable towards the end of the smoking.

The main difference is these seeds have been toasted until they were thoroughly cooked dry and almost black before being powdered. Other smokable versions had larger chunks of seed and were not so thoroughly toasted.

This specific material I tried was not designed to be smoked, but rather insufflated, and there is no information on any admixture plants which may have been included.

I believe the degree of toasting undergone during the process may have altered the chemical structure of the bufo so it became something else and much more pleasant. Either that or it degraded other unpleasant compounds in the seed to the point where they were no longer an issue.

Years ago I said smoking A. seeds left one's face "feeling like a plucked chicken" and didn't think the experience was worth repeating.

This was nothing like that.

some anaden seeds appear to contain mainly 5meo,this sounds like them.

the effect opens around the injester with little happening at the top of the head.

my guess is its one of the perigrinas?

t s t .

how to stop the seeds producing burning sensations? if anyway possible

It could have been a small dose of 5meo, but it lasted for quite a while; hours, in fact.

I'm still trying to find out more, but the natives have refused to identify any of the component plants to my source when they inquired.

some anaden seeds appear to contain mainly 5meo,this sounds like them.

Do you have a source on that? I was under the impression all anadenanthera seeds contain more bufotenine than 5-MeO. There are some varieties with enough 5-MeO-DMT for it to play a role in the seed effects, but the bufotenin effect is always present.

but the bufotenin effect is always present.

not in my experience!

t s t .

trouts sst has a number of entries under anadenanthera,yopo,epena etc in the 5meo section,listings are for different plant parts but 5meo is often the major alkaloid.

this point of view provides a different solution to trouts comments regarding the id of snuff plants.

colubrina v cebil also seems to have a seasonal variation involving higher 5meo levels.

i have a theory that 5meo and in particular 5meo/aya would be more useful in some tribal rituals than spice or bufo which would prob be used 4 more individualistic/inward practices.

with the 5meo people would be in an entheogenic space but still here.

t s t .

is there another snuff to produce similar effects without the heavy body sensations and such?

One question, where used is this peparation relatively well known and does it have a local name/names?

My feeling is that the burning sensation--assuming the seeds I used had bufo in them--may possibly be alleviated by THOROUGHLY toasting the seeds until they are dark brown and easily powderable.

is there another snuff to produce similar effects without the heavy body sensations and such?

the virola snuffs[epena] are said to contain mainly 5meo but they dont seem very comfortable either.we think thats what was used in the episode of 'tribe'.

in that episode and in some experience reports at erowid,a small amt is used for the first snort.this is a bit nasty but not too bad.once you feel ok your nose is apparently numb and you can snort what you want without too much reaction.i have not done this so dont really know!

t s t .

So close and yet so far away!

But guys there is hope for A Peregrina.......... i have a good friend living in Venezuela i just found out.

What i need to know is when Peregrina seedpods mature overthere, and where in the country the tree is most likely found.

I am going to make work of this!

there are two varieties of perigrina.......i've been reading torres and repke who seem to agree with my opinion that falcata can contain mainly 5meo.........they say not a lot is known about falcata[or colubrina v colubrina].

t s t .

in my experience, properly prepared yopo (hydrated for hours with an alkaline compound, the one used for betel for example, and heat dried) produced very desirable feelings and visions, especialy when B.Caapi twigs were chewed before the insuflation. Very impressive visualy. It is very different from poorly or not at all prepared Yopo. My guess is that Bufotenine undergo an interesting conversion under alkaline conditions.

Only the inner seed material should be toasted and used. The outer husk (IMHO) contains most of the nasties and should not be used unless you want your face to feel like a plucked chicken. The toasting should be complete, with the toasted seed material being dark brown, brittle and easily powderable.

Hmm...i used the seeds shells in the Yopo preparation without any trouble...

The only times I had difficulties were when using the whole seed. I feel the inner part is much nicer. I may have used larger doses initially when consuming the whole seed, which could count for the discrepancy. I used to originally crush up and use 1-1.5 large toasted whole seeds at a time, but later went to smaller amounts of just the inner part after being shown this method by a now-departed friend who had travelled in the Amazon. It's much easier to control the dose this way, IMO, with 4 hits over a period of several minutes being the proper amount for me.

The seeds I had were big and fat viable ones, with full, moist kernels.