The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Growing "Peyote" and "False Peyotes" from Seed

Teotz there are numerous reports of non mescaline cacti being consumed by people, some on this very forum, Ill let you find them :)

I found the Epithilantha one...

I can't seem to find any others...

What should I search?

I find the SAB search engine is shit, so i make google search the site, just type this into google

"search term" site:http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum

and it will search the sab site.

Thank you my good sir.

hey Teotz, lovin the forum(especially "home" defence :) ) im wanting to to "it" on my terms of course, but Stealth is a major consideration( im into "Aromatherapy" now, not a smoker, rather a descrete vaporist now after 27 yrs) hey if only part of 5 to 8% of the populus just accept it right, So my Question for you mate, is what specific cactus is visually identical to the lophophora wiliamsii for hiding in plain sight so to speak. i'm thinking a big pot in the Right location no matter where on the property it is say a 60 / 40 blend of different ages for me to pick the difference. I'd like to jump on this and get the Fake Plants asap ive waited long enough.

:huh:

So my Question for you mate, is what specific cactus is visually identical to the lophophora wiliamsii for hiding in plain sight so to speak.

Umm...

Well... That's a good question.

Myself and a couple other members noted Turbinicarpus jauernigii's lophophora-like appearance, this species along with a few other species are good canadiates.

Astrophytum species are nice, espeically Astrophytum asterias.

Of course other members of the Lophophora genus (Don't know about laws in Oz) appear much like Lophophora williamsii ~ "Peyote".

Of course you could also seek out a Lophophora hybrid with other genera, which would be legal I suppose?

Check this out! Look dude!

Lophophora-like Cacti-

Astrophytum asterias

Astrophytum species

Lophophora decepiens (could be consider williamsii)

Lophophora diffusa

Lophophora fricii

Lophophora koehresii

Lophophora jourdaniana (could be consider williamsii)

Lophophora species

Turbinicarpus hoferi

Turbinicarpus jauernigii

Turbinicarpus laui

Turbinicarpus lophophoroides

Turbinicarpus species

Turbinicarpus swobodae

Possibly...

Aztekium ritterii

Obregonia denegrii

Strombocactus species

Non-Mexican Lophophora-like Cacti-

Matucana madisoniorum

Matucana species

(Others?)

Does anybody have any more cacti that they believe to have the appearance of Lophophora ~ "Peyote"???

I personally am looking for a good canadiate for hybridization with Lophophora, I'd like to try it with Obregonia and Turbinicarpus, does anybody have any others in mind?

Edited by Teotz'

if your looking, and wanting to try new things...i would personally look more at the flowers morphology than the ribs.

That's a good idea!

I wonder what is Lophophora's closest relative? I've heard it's Obregonia denegrii. Does anybody know for sure?

Edited by Teotz'

canna, you wouldnt want cacti that look just like lophs anyway. If you had 90 lophalikes and 10 lophs people would just say 'holy fuck 100 lophs!' and steal them all. A wide variety of similar looking ones, some quite similar and some not really, would create enough 'noise' so people would be less likely to recognize the group as containing lophs. The astros, turbs, etc. teotz mentioned is a good start.. theres also some globose trichocereoid types like Frailea spp. They look like this:

normal_CACT.Frailea%20asteroides.020014.jpg

frailea_asteroides_v_arapayensis.jpg

Frailea_cataphracta_tuyensisAA12.jpg

Now those are South American cacti, right?

I've never looked into them much... Do they have any potential as psychoactives like their cousins in Mexico do?