The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tonic

No order confirmation

I made an online order at the SAB store yesterday. I have not received an email confirmation as of yet and was a bit confused as it usually appears in my inbox almost immediately after I make an order. Probably doesn't really mean anything, though thought I better check as the order was for a reasonable amount of money and don't want to deposit the funds yet if the order has somehow gone missing. Probably nothing to worry about just thought I better check first.

Thanks.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

have u tried the pm function? or maybee emailed torsten with an enqiery?

Not yet no. Might have to.

good idea :rolleyes:

You probably won't hear from him for a few days yet Phos, I don't think he's anywhere near a computer :)

Thanks for letting me know Sina, appreciated. Will just wait till he gets back to reply.

I made an online order at the SAB store yesterday. I have not received an email confirmation as of yet and was a bit confused as it usually appears in my inbox almost immediately after I make an order. Probably doesn't really mean anything, though thought I better check as the order was for a reasonable amount of money and don't want to deposit the funds yet if the order has somehow gone missing. Probably nothing to worry about just thought I better check first.

Thanks.

Ditto.

I was somewhat surprised as i had always assumed that the email confirmation was an automated process.

Probably just a technical glitch. I hope he hasn't changed his bank details in the last two months as i decided to make the deposit anyway.

If there's any problems with the order i'm sure he'll sort it out, we've purchased many things over the years and in our experience always found him to conduct excellent business.

I wouldnt worry about it dude.

I'm back.

The email confirmation is indeed an automated process. In general if you don't get a confirmation then you probably did not complete the order properly. However this is not the case in this instance. The order is fine. So I can only presume that the email got lost. hotmail and yahoo are the worst offenders for this. In fact, yahoo almost always filters sab emails into the bulk folder. Don't usually have too many problems with hotmail customers though.

same thing happened here, iv got hotmail but the confirmation email does usually make it through. order placed on 30/12/07.

you can also log into your account and inspect your order history. that way you don't need emails.

if the stuff is still in your cart you screwed up, but if it is listed as an order with an order number then there should be no technical problems.

TR - obviously with the info provided above I can't look up your order. seriously, just log in and have alook yourself.

Thanks for clearing that up Torsten. Haven't paid for my order yet, will pay shortly.

Thanks again.

Um, yeah I haven't received confirmation AND i've already paid.....whats the go on that? It was the first time I ordered so perhaps something went wrong... :bong:

Um, yeah I haven't received confirmation AND i've already paid.....whats the go on that? It was the first time I ordered so perhaps something went wrong... :bong:

chances are you are with hotmail or yahoo, in which case read above. The other possibility is that you did not complete your order properly. Keeping in mind that the payment is a separate step and the payment confirmation itself is not a confirmation of a completed order [eg paypal/paymate final screen will ask you to return to vendor site to complete the order process].

I am a bit astounded at the computer illiteracy / laziness here though. Surely if you can log into forums you can also log into your webstore account to have a look whether your order processed properly :scratchhead: . I'm a bit dumbfounded how customers would prefer to send one or several emails [often rude complaints], rather than logging into their account to make sure the mistake isn't on their end. Most order problems are at the customer end [usually because they don't bother reading any on screen instructions]. Oscommerce also has several shortcomings, but at the moment it is the only decent software that allows payment by paymate, so we're stuck with it for a while.

TR - obviously with the info provided above I can't look up your order. seriously, just log in and have alook yourself.

I wasnt making a request for you to do this, not that lazy, was just saying what happened to me incase both of us having the same problem wasnt a coincidence. thought it may help to identify a problem if this was the case. should have explained my post a bit more. :)

I do have another problem with the order, but that is in a polite email to the shop.

I am a bit astounded at the computer illiteracy / laziness here though. Surely if you can log into forums you can also log into your webstore account to have a look whether your order processed properly . I'm a bit dumbfounded how customers would prefer to send one or several emails [often rude complaints], rather than logging into their account to make sure the mistake isn't on their end. Most order problems are at the customer end [usually because they don't bother reading any on screen instructions].

Well, when I checked my SAB account, I saw the order was pending; whther it was pending payment, packing or delivering, my psychic powers were not enough to reveal, try as they may. Upon further examination, it appeared that no communication was 'allowed' either up to 10 days or three weeks after the order was placed. So I have sat and waited. I really hope you don't think I have been rude just asking about where products I have paid for are. That said, I haven't emailed you so it would have been hardd to be rude to you. Well, here we go- #^#U!%($U hi. :)

I must say, I payed via bank deposit and was a little bit um, not quite right during the days post christmas, and so I can't really remember what the actual instructions were, besides just depositing money in torstens account. Either way, I'm not complaining, just asking as I'm sure the point of this thread was.

Well, when I checked my SAB account, I saw the order was pending;

This means your order was placed correctly and hence the reason for not receiving the confirmation email lies in server communication [ie most likely your server not accepting my email].

whther it was pending payment, packing or delivering, my psychic powers were not enough to reveal

No psychic powers needed. The terms or the instructions [can't remember which] tell you that pending means the order is properly lodged and that the next step is 'payment processed'.

I really hope you don't think I have been rude just asking about where products I have paid for are.

Obviously I can't help you cos I have no idea [try as I may with my psychic powers :P ] what your order number or name is.

My most humble apologies! It appears that since a recent install of a new paymate module the webstore no longer sends out copies of the order. I will be uninstalling the module to fix this in the next few days.

So if you haven't been getting a copy of your order by email then that appears to be normal for the moment.

If we make a payment with paymate and for some reason the order doesn't finalize during checkout, is it okay to resubmit the order as cash by mail with an appropriate note in the special instructions box?

:scratchhead:

I hope so, that's what I did.

If we make a payment with paymate and for some reason the order doesn't finalize during checkout, is it okay to resubmit the order as cash by mail with an appropriate note in the special instructions box?

:scratchhead:

I hope so, that's what I did.

yes, that is exactly what I ask customer to do.

Paymate usually does finalise if you follow ALL on screen prompts. The main problem is that off site payment gateways require the customer to return to the vendor site after the payment. Many customers simply stop when they see 'successfull payment', when in fact they need to continue to 'order confirmed'. Anyone who has a successfull payment, but doesn't have the order completed in their profile can simply complete it by going through 'cash in mail'.

Paymate is a pain in the ass. I am applying for a merchant account with my bank so I can do away with it completely. They gave me a beta version to fix the problem and it only made it worse. now they want me to install another beta of a completely different module. I don't know how a payment gateway can hope to survive against paypal if it doesn't provide proper integration with popular webcarts