The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Teotzlcoatl's Books

Teotzlcoatl's Books List-

Books-

Aldous Huxley's works

Fantastic (4) & Iron Man ~ Big in Japan (Comic Book)

Ethnobotany/Entheogen-

Ethnobotany by Richard Evans Schultes

Trout's Notes on San Pedro Part A & B (As well as Mr.Trout's other works)

A Cactus Oddessy

Sacremental and Medicinal Cacti by M. S. Smith

Food of the Gods By T. Mckenna (As well as Mr.Mckenna's other works)

Fruit Hunters by Adam

Peyote and other Psychoactive Cacti by Adam

Cactus Coloring Book by Stefen Bernath

Botany of Desire by Micheal Pollan

A Cactus Odyssey

Pihkal & Tihkal by Alexander Shulgin and Ann Shulgin

Cactus Lexicon (Next Edition)

DMT- The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman

Breaking Open the Head & Return of Quetzalcoatl by Daniel Pinchbeck

Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants by Christian Ratsch

One River by Wade Davis (As well as Mr.Davis's other works)

Plants of the Gods by Richard Evans Schultes (As well as Mr.Schultes's other works)

Teachings of Don Juan by Carlos Castaneda

Agriculture/Farming/Gardening-

Self-Sufficent Gardener

Organic Gardening

Philosophy/Spirituality-

The Universe in a Single Atom by the Dalia Lama

Zen and the Mind

Karma Sutra

Zen Flesh, Zen Bones

The G.O.D. Experiments

Tales from the Tao by Solala Towler

Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

Taoism by Wong

Friedrich Nietzsche's works

Carl Jung's works

Karl Marx's works

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Tibetan Book of the Living & Dying

Classic Literature-

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas

Moby-Dick by Herman Melville

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Ancient or Religious Texts-

Plato's works

Socrates's works

Archimedes's works

Aristotle's works

Olmec, Toltec and Mayan texts

Taoist texts

Jainist texts

Tao Te' Ching

Children's Books-

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak (And related works)

Jack Tales ~ Appalachian Folk Legend

Dr. Seuss's works

Lord Brocktree, Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, The Legend of Luke, Outcast of Redwall, Mariel of Redwall, The Bellmaker, Salamandastron, Redwall, Mattimeo, The Pearls of Lutra, The Long Patrol, Marlfox by Brian Jacques

Charlotte's Web

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

Harriet Tubman Children's books

Movies-

Kill Bill 1 & 2

What The *BLEEP* Do We Know?!

Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Kung Fu Hustle

Braveheart

The Matrix Trilogy

Pulp Fiction

Quarantine

Music-

Allman Brothers

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Doobie Brothers

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Grateful Dead

Jimi Hendrix

Led Zepplin

AC/DC

Pink Floyd

Smashing Pumpkins

Wallflowers

Death Cab for Cutie (Ben Gibbard)

Aesop Rock

Bob Dylan

Jack Johnson

Modest Mouse

Games-

Star Fox

Mario 64

Super Mario World

Post all worthy books here!

Edited by Teotz'

The SAB store sells Trout's notes on San Pedro.

I think they will send it to the USA for you, although wouldn't it be easier to order a book that is printed and distributed in the USA from the USA? Just a thought...

I've had alot of trouble finding it, for some reason. All the places are out of stock.

Which "Trout's notes on San Pedro" do I need to obtain ALL the information, I know there are alot of verisons.

Do I need only the latest? Or do I need all of them?

Can anybody reccomend any other books on psychoactive cacti?

From what I can recall, there are three volumes, all were or are part of one book called Sacred Cacti part 2 I believe. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. I am sure having all of them would be better, depends what you want to get from the books...I have only ever seen this one for sale anyway

"Trout's Notes on: San Pedro

& related Trichocereus species

Sacred Cacti 3rd Edition, [Part B]"

Here is a link to the item in the shop:

Trout's Notes -' San Pedro'

Am sure there are quite a few reference books available, from what I can gather Trout's Notes are the most comprehensive writings on Trichocereus spp. to date. If I am wrong would love to know as I wouldn't mind a copy of any good Trichocereus spp. or other interesting cacti books that may be available.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

Well thats sorta confusing...

So I guess I need part A- Sacred Cacti AND part B- San Pedro...

Because I'm interested in all psychoactive cacti...not just Trichocereus...

Anybody got any other book suggestions for me?

I heard "A Cactus Oddessy" is good... anybody ever read it?

Search for 'peyote' and 'cacti' at Amazon. There are several good titles. I have 'Peyote: The Divine Cactus by Edward F. Anderson' and I think 'Peyote and Other Psychoactive Cacti by Adam Gottlieb' can be found online at Erowid. Perhaps check there for other online ebooks regarding cacti.

I didnt think Anderson's book was that great (though it has been given a 5 star rating on Amazon), but it has lots of great info in it. His writing style was a little hard to get used to IMO, which made me dislike the book to some extent. The info within it seems to be quite valuable and very interesting nevertheless. I think he went into the 'lost' peyotes and medicinal species too. Definately check it out. Probably about a 4 star rating IMO.

Gottliebs book seemed to be ok, albeit rather small and limited content-wise. That said, it has been a long time since I looked over it and I cant remember a whole lot about it due to this fact. Worth checking out anyway. About 2-3 stars from what I can remember.

Anybody got any good books or other works to add??

There are hundreds! Jonathan Otts Pharmacoteon and his great book about Snuffs, all books from Richard E. Schultes, Mycelium Running, the Pharmaco Trilogy, the books from Christian Rätsch, Plants of the Gods, Stamets Psilocybes of the World, Jim DeKornes Ayahuasca Analogues, surely Trouts books, all issues of the ER, etc! There are countless very unknown books about medical plants in other countries! The Essential Psychedelic Guide by D.M. Turner is a fun read! The author ingested drug combinations that were insane! bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Excellent! Keep them coming!

Ott for sure! Botanical Preservation Corps has most of his books at very good prices!

Christian Rätsch is great if you read German! Tons of books that few in the English-speaking world are aware of.

"One River" by Wade Davis.

Dale Pendell (PharmakoPoeia is his finest work IMO)... great for beginners and non-beginners...also great to give to friends to read so they understand you better. Pendell's last book PharmakoGnosis has a weird malice in places that I don't understand. But the first book is full of great anecdotes, poetry, advice.

The JL Hudson seed catalogs of any year.... anything by Wasson and Schultes and Hofmann...the list goes on.

So many...you can spend a lifetime collecting such books, many of us have!

Edited by Rizla

Botanical Preservation Corps does look good...

What are the best books on ethnobotany?

So far this is my MUST HAVE list-

Plants of the Gods-

Encoycopedia of Psychoactive Plants-

Jonathan Ott's Pharmacopeia- Ott

Trout's Notes (All Works)

Ethnobotany Evolution of a Discipline- S

Am I missing any important books?

I dont know much about good entheo books, but your movie list is lacking some classics

not all of these are entheo related, but a good education nonetheless

Rocky Horror Picture Show

The Piano

Once were Warriors

Mad Max

Meet the Feebles

Altered States

Bad Taste

Whale Rider

Bad Boy Bubby

that's a start..

Ok great!

How about the books tho?

A great changing force in my life have been books and more specifically authors. Perhaps most profoundly and importantly Philip K. Dick. He gets described as a science fiction writer but lumping him in with most Science Fiction is perhaps a little short-sighted. Whilst his novels may be set in the future or on earth settlements on other planets, they are about humans and humanity as they are now.

You may be aware of his work through a number of films that have been made from his novels or short stories. As always the novels are better than the films. Some films based on his novels that you may be aware of are; Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, Next, A Scanner Darkly (interesting film and terrific book)

His recurring themes are philosophical, paranoia, drugs, metaphysical, insanity, the nature of Humanity etc.

I could not recommend this author any higher, his book Valis is one of my favourites which recounts the time when he went a bit insane. He plays two characters in the book which is already a bit insane (multiple personality) he believes an alien being/God/a satellite is beaming huge amounts information into his head via a beam of light. I could go on about it for a far while but just go out and read it

also recommend by this author

A Scanner Darkly

The Man in the High Castle

The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch

The Penultimate Truth

Ubik

Flow my Tears the Policeman Said

more book recommendations to come

was going to add more book recommendations but. . . does anyone care? Should I bother?

This topic is short of having a identity crisis. There are even console games and movies as Kill Bill.

anyway

books:

All of

TOM ROBINS

& philosophy

Max Stirners 'The Ego and Its Own', propably the most revolutionary book ever, and propably one of the most underrated and unknown. It debunks communist manifesto before it was published!

Jack Kerouac's On the Road

again I cannot understate this books role in making me the person that I am. (but don't let that turn you off :wink: )

Kerouac was arguably the best writer that the Beat generation, or beatniks, produced. On the road is his most widely read and most loved. This book shaped the way youth culture defined itself for at least two generations after. Without this book the world we live in would be a far far different place. Indeed one can plot a direct line from Kerouac and the Beatniks to Ken Kesey, Timothy Leary and many other notables from the age of the hippie. Kerouac and his friends were among the first of their generation to try marijuana and dispel the "dope fiend" myth to their contemporaries. They also tried mescaline and sought out a brew called yage (ayahuasca) in their attempts to expand their experience of reality and conciousness.

If you read only one book this year make it On The Road

I would also recommend anything by Kerouac

I'll second Mutant's Tom Robbins recommendation, and raise you pretty much anything by Hunter S. Thompson. Kingdom of Fear and Fear and Loathing, in particular.

Right now I'm reading A Bit of a Blur by Alex James, bassist from Blur. His autobiography; quite an enjoyable read.

I would also suggest The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle if you're interested in spirituality and/or philosophy. Anything by Stan Grof is probably worth a read, too.

Hunter S Thompson is great. I love his psychedelic angry/passionate outrageous ranty style. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is one of my all-time faves. its also the perfect length - you can knock it over in an afternoon. good recommendation Danger

Thanks Quill. I read it in a day then started reading it again two days later. I hated the film until I read the book, but then it all made fantastic sense and became one of my all-time favourites as well.