The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Conan Troutman

'Pharmacists want pseudoephedrine withdrawn'

Pharmacists want pseudoephedrine withdrawn

December 17, 2007 06:17am

AN increase in drug-related crime has prompted pharmacists to step up their plea for the immediate withdrawal of products containing pseudoephedrine from pharmacies.

The pharmacists' division of the Association of Professional Engineers, Scientists and Managers Australia (APESMA) said pharmacies are being targeted as a source of ingredients for illicit drug manufacturing.

"Members have reported an increase in the number of break-ins even through measures have been taken to tighten controls over the issuing of products containing pseudoephedrine in the pharmacy to consumers," APESMA's pharmacy division president Geoff March said.

"Obviously we are concerned for the safety of our members, staff and the public, that is why APESMA is calling on the immediate withdrawal of products containing pseudoephedrine from pharmacies around the country.

"The problems of the drug ice and other illicit drugs will not go away."

Mr March said some states had introduced codes of practice restricting the sale of pseudoephedrine-containing products, but this had not reduced crime rates.

"We want to see the needs of legitimate consumers met but we also have to reduce the risk to pharmacists," he said.

"No one should have to face the trauma of ram-raids and robberies.

"The potential risks to the public and pharmacy staff are too great not to act."

SOURCE

If they withdraw pseudo from the chemist I will be fucked!!! Sum days I can barely cope with hayfever and pseudo just makes me be able to function in sum sense of the word normal. If they ban pseudo, I'm gona have to find a good supply of mu hung or else I may have to top myself. The only thing that has ever made me consider suicide is bad hayfever attacks. It can become really draining and stressful having to work and blow your nose at the same time, or sneeze for hours on end with only 4-5 second breaks inbetween for hours upon hours.

naja, can't you ask your doctor to prescribe it? Then you could import it from overseas if you liked.

Sad part is that if its 'withdrawn' that will likely amount to or lead to a total ban rather than shifting sales to a new safer system.

Think up contingency plans now people.

Not too easy to grow, and need minimum 3 year old plants for appreciable levels.

If you outlaw pseudoephedrine, then only outlaws will have pseudoephedrine (sic