The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ace

Canberra Meet

I wouldnt stress MORG - the main point of the gathering (apart from meeting new people) was to go hunting for fungi (for photography and ID purposes). Due to Canberra being as dry as hell, I dont think we'll be finding any interesting mushrooms any time soon (though there have been quite a few amanitas around now that I've been lead to find my first - thanks again mate! Such gorgeous fungi!). That said, I'm still always keen to meet new (and old) faces for a discussion about the world around us, so once everyone has a bit of time up their sleeve we shall put together some times and dates and organise the next meet.

lols, canberra is FULL of fungi this time of year mate! this has been the best season in years!

C'mon... you won't be moving all night will you? It's the sickest venue too...

this has been the best season in years

You gotta be kidding?? I think I need to go for a hunt with someone who has had luck in the past. I dont seem to be able to find the right areas. Anyone keen to show a noob some local actives?

C'mon... you won't be moving all night will you? It's the sickest venue too...

Haha, I was thinking I might have to trek out even if its just for a few hours. It would be pretty sweet I think :) I'll know closer to the date, but put me down for a maybe at this stage :wink: Anyone else keen to go to this shindig?

Got some photos:

freebasstoad mixing:

mikeeyq9.jpg

Rosie and Alex twirling fire:

rosiegc8.jpg

The dancefloor in the morning:

dancefloorap5.jpg

Eukali & Tom Cosm in the morning:

eukalicosmok6.jpg

:D:D:D

Totally bummed - I ended up crook most of the weekend so couldnt make it... :( Was it a good gig?

it has been about a year since the last canberra meet - I know a handfull of people have contacted me recently and would like to meet up.

is anyone keen to catch up?

how about late march?

I too have received a few PMs that I havent got around to responding to (sorry guys) that are along the same lines. I've been busy with other things lately but if a few people are interested in a meet in the coming month/s I'd be keen to come along to see some old and new faces. Gonna have lots of busy weekends in the coming months so cant make any guarantees unfortunately, but of course will do my best if we can get a decent sized group together again.

As keen as, I am

Late Feb or March for

Ethnobot weekend

I'd be interested in meeting some nice people in Canberra whenever a meet is organised :)

if you start a new thread I can pin it.

howdy i would be interested to come along to any canb meetups too :)