The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Vertmorpheus

Suspect ebay pach

Question

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Trichocereus-Panhan...1QQcmdZViewItem

gday guys, just a brief one ..... wattyez reckon of this? I want to send her a note out of courtesys sake (the recent bidder hasw been buying up of late, and will sus at first glance that he got ripped...noone needs fraud on their feedback page) but don't want to look like a total nong. This thing looks more like my many Cereus peru. and Cereus. urug. and many hybrids between em... the necking, the ribbing, the olive green colour, all just look a bit shifty to me. I don't think she's being deceptive intentionally, just shitty ID on behalf of wherever she got it from.

Ideas? Support? Let me know before a fellow seller ends up ebaying at the moon...

VM

8 answers to this question

HAHAHAHAHA Maybe it's a special cereus strain alternative newly titled Trichocereus Panhanoi :lol:

Ah, methunked as much. Hopefully my polite and helpful message isn't taken too badly eh?

Cheers sabre, where you sittin on the phone or what? :P

VM

haha CT, shoulda thought o that before! Got a reply, nothing at work here but an honest mistake I'd say but be interestin to see what "remedial action" is taken in the next few days.

VM

haha CT, shoulda thought o that before! Got a reply, nothing at work here but an honest mistake I'd say but be interestin to see what "remedial action" is taken in the next few days.

VM

consediering it went for 40$ does anyone going to send the buyer an email?

consediering it went for 40$ does anyone going to send the buyer an email?

$40 for 30cm of cereus... bugger...

ah I let him know, and the seller reckons hes been told all the info and can have it for free bla bla, and she advised someone else no more bids. apparently. but given what pie has been buying of late, I reckon hed be a slow moving target indeed if he didnt tumble as soon as he saw it anyway. Maybe he just really likes cacs and is happy for a foot of rubbishy Cereus (people say theyre ugly, some of mine are quite stunning)... in which case I'll msg him that I have about 40 feet of a few dif kinds and he can have the lot for a mere 1200 dollars haha.

nah, the seller seems lovely and reports simply being duped by local nursery staff, bla bla. Maybe the kickback for all the pachs that have travelling under 4 dollar "spike" tags from Hamiltons? Karma, baby.

Ah, they can sort it out... though now I have to get on ebay PM and explain what "keying a flower" is and how to do it lol... seller really is quite nice just didnt add the golden words "all plants ID'd to best of my ability but no guarantees are given" :D

ebay is nothing like that ad where you race skeleton tracks on shopping trolleys, thats blatant false advertising if ever i saw it.

VM