The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Ethno BBQ 03/11/07

Just wondering if there would be any interest in a Saturday afternoon BBQ somewhere on the Gold Coast, Im looking at getting something going even if its just for myself.

I have found The Spit or some of the parks close by to be very nice.

Would be looking at the end of the month.

Let me know if you want to take part.

Edited by apothecary

Man that sounds very nice and relaxing. B)

I would be happy to help as well Andy if you need it (I just quit my job/career in brissie and I am moving down to Gold coast end of month)

Kids ok as well?

AJ

I would love some help AJ shoot me a PM, include your msn if you use it :)

Would be great to have another Sha's'tralis member on the coast, I get so lonely :) and of course your kin are welcome :)

I'll be bringing Phloom along as well (although he doesnt know it yet:))

Might be up for it in a few weeks... getting towards end of semester at uni, so not much free time

-bumpy

ill be there andy, i miss u mate!

Wow Jono, you would really come all the way up from the mid coast for a 1 day gathering, thats awsome brother :) and I miss you too man...

Sorry I havent been in contact, I have pretty much only just got back online after a 3 month obssesion with my Subaru and my laptop is dead at the moment so I have to beg everytime I want to get online.. LOL..

Your welcome to stay here for the weekend too if it makes things easier for you?

Really looking forward to it.. :)

Hi all,

Is there still much interest in the BBQ?

Its a bit tricky sending out location details with the PM system down, so I will have to ask everyone who wants to make it to send me an email, Ill post it here a bit later one today.

Hope to see some friendly faces there, and to all vego's.. oh yes my friends, there will be meat! :)

as long as im chef and i can wear a 'kiss the cook' apron. and everything gets cooked in beer. EVERYTHING, actually andy i will make u my infamous portugese duck, im avilable next weekend, and every fortnightly weekend after that, ill help ya orgynise if u wantas u always seem to getstuck with stuff by ur self u poor bugger!!? do u still have my mobile? ive lost urs........ can u give him mine t? please?

Sweeet :) should be fun... Iill get the crab pots ready :drool2: hasnt been rain in a while so the mud'ies will be scarce but there should be plenty of blue'ies about, Ill see if I cant catch a few jenny's to coax those fellas in. bloody women, always getting us fellas into trouble... hehe..

This time of year, there should be bream coming out the waazoo and some flathead and bigger fish for those with some patience..

you can email me your numba when I add the email addy to the thread, I lost it in the PM sweep.

Come on PD, come join us up north for some mud crabs some time :) or maybe a spot of fly fishing on the mur'bah river for some perch or trout.

Edited by AndyAmine.

stop it andy ur making me horny.

You and your horniness... LOL....

Yolu shall know be know and your royal horniness..

where's it going to be? I'll be around ballina and could maybe join ya';s if it ain't to far out of me way

If I come I could pitch in a pot of yabbies or something mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yabbies :drool2:

Itll be local to the Southport area, or close to Seaworld for those that dont know the coast. :)

I honestly dont know who's showing up, the only confirmed people are, umm, me and Jono, LOL... other than that its the people in this thread and maybe you :)

Ive given up on stressing out about these dealio's, so have decided to make it a 1-day'er and Im gunna be BBQ'ing it up whoever/whatever happens.

The next big camp will be around Jan.

Would be great to see you there man, us finaly meeting each other has been a looooong time coming :)

I'm in bris and keen to use any excuse to go to GC for the day.

Would be a good opp to met some people from SAB.

Will somehow have to persuade partner to drive me down.

i didn't realise we could set terms! i'm coming too, but only if it's a tofu-BQ.

the fool and i will be therewith bells on and fishing rods in tow!!! man im so hungry for bbq now, im gonna starve myself tillnext weekend. Come on peeps lets fish and eat yabbies and shit.

hey i musta missed this thread...

sounds great Andy, would love to come down. is there a date yet? i'll make sure i'm all clear

next weeken, once ur committed andy we will make it a sticky???

me and fools will definately be there i promise ya man. i am even buying a new flick stick and some lurestoday, theres hepas in the hockshops here for dirt cheap. heeeeeeeeeelll yeaaaah!!!

andy and jonos fishin adventures has begun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it would funny ifteo turned up with barra rods blazing, im lookin forward to fishin up nth with the big dude. hope he doesnt gay me up.

awesome! looks like a good little turn-up hey! shit hang on andy sorry, not this weekend coming up, but the weekend after.

will b mad to have a fish and have a barbie, im rooly looking forwardto it, ya speakin ma lingo now! im actuallyexcited. we need kava but. kava and fishing would be sublime. hey wait..... shrooms and fishing!!!!!!!!! shitakes of course. im excited andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just a thought.....i know its really to expensiveto fly just for a fish and bbq, but maybee sum peeps need to chilax, i could pik up from coffs airport? fool and i culd maybee fit 3?

i propose a rule for z weekend to andy......No stressing!!!! just purerelaxation and enjoying the outdoors ..oh and OUR MEAT oozing blood all over the hotplate, drenched in beer. oh yeah and tofu and stuff.

Edited by jono

oh and OUR MEAT oozing blood .....

OUCH! you planning a rough one eh?

I can't work out what weekend this might be. Maybe put a date in the thread title?

Edit....

Andy takes some gaba and settles back down... :innocent_n:

Edited by AndyAmine.

yeah a weekend of chillaxing will be nice....so excuse me andy, u know i am an interleckshuwal, its not this weekend comin, but next?? t' do us up a flashy banner or somethin. please?

Andy, I've just read all of your posts TWICE and I still can't find any reference to a date [except the last one]. I'd really appreciate it if you could point out one of the "few times" you stated it. I did actually work it out myself before you posted, but seeing as even Jono got the date wrong initially and he is super keen on it, some others might have the same problem. It seems that the main stress about these meets always starts with the date/time/location confusion, so was just trying to be helpful in avoiding later dramas for you.

but yeah, I get it when my input is not wanted and will shut up now.