The Corroboree
blip

I have had these in my phone for awhile now...

Question

Edited by lsdreamz

11 answers to this question

1. San Pedro [PC clone] and what looks to be a Red Khat hedge.

2. San Pedro [PC clone]

3. From left Cereus peruvianus var. monstrosus, Trichocereus scopulicola, Trichocereus sp. [not sure, looks peruvianoid], Euphorbia sp. and Trichocereus pachanoi PC clone.

4. Trichocereus scopulicola

5. Euphorbia sp. Watch out! Caustic latex sap!!

Nice garden, I wonder if they know what they have? How could they not.

Edited by Phosphene_Dream

5. E. milli milli? spination is a little wierd though...

Edited by lsdreamz

The "scop" in pic 3 and 4 looks more like Stenocereus/Pachycereus marginatus.

Nice finds :)

Edited by Passive Daemon

Edited by lsdreamz

The "scop" in pic 3 and 4 looks more like Stenocereus/Pachycereus marginatus.

Nice finds :)

I think you're right Passive, it does look more like the ones you speak of.

Which is a noble way to live .... until you walk by one day and the owners have flattened a lovely specimen to put in a pool, or similar... the only hope then is to take joy in how happy it made the young offsider working for the local horticultural holocaust company :lol: just have to pray SOMEONE saved whatever it was from the chipper.

Now, pinching seeds or a wee cuttings, thats a time honoured gardening tradition! If I don't have a few different kinds of seed bundled in random bits of paper in my pockets at the end of the day, I mustn't have left the house :P

VM

Yeah, I take cuttings from anything anywhere, if people don't like it... well, you can imagine what they can do. Of course, chopping up a big cactus is a bit different, as you need to take a big piece and it makes it look ugly, but in the unlikely event I saw Trichs growing in the wild, I'd definitely take some, before some other lucky bastard does! This reminds me of taking samples from bulk food bins.

lsdreamz, what do you mean about the legalities of someone falling into a fence of active cactie? Nothing will happen to them except they might get some spines in them... if they are so unco that they fall into a fence of cacti, I don't there's much you can do for them, really.

Edited by lsdreamz

Would yo ube held responsible (in the eyes of the law) because you have personally planted a whole row of these known harmful species?

What ever happened to playing stupid? :) There arent very many people at all who would know a poisonous/dangerous euphorb from their elbow, so why would we know any better? If they look good as a fence, then the neighbourhood kids will just have to watch out for em :wink: Of course, if you were to have morals or something, then I guess you could just have a few right near the window or something - they wont hurt anyone except someone trying to bust in.

I seriously doubt someone could be held responsible for growing a type of plant that got someone sick/injured - but stranger things have happened... :unsure:

Riding a bike into that wouldn't be nice, but not any nastier than one of those knobbly brick fences or wrough iron things.. I think the issue here is how safe you keep em.. certainly if Timmy rides his bike into your prickle bush, in your yard, its his fault.. if bits of it stick out into public land, and he hits em, I think its your fault, and if the whole plant falls over onto the footpath and someone trips over it, youre mildly fucked (if you just left it there, and it could be shown you knew it would fall over, etc). This is why treelopper companies now tend to have millions of dollars worth of insurance, as if you leave a tree unstable and it nails someone, you get sent to the naughty corner etc.

Can't see brugs being a major problem, esp as they are found in most botanic gardens near pathways etc. Up to other people to make sure their kids don't munch themm though when I sell brug bits on ebay I tell people loud n clear that thees are toxic as hell, careful with kids n pets, etc.. but then if you put a sign under your toxic tree, i think thats a bit like those dangerous dog signs... its admitting u know about a hazard n did fuck all about it.

As the man said, act like a dumbshit and they'll treat you like an equal :P

VM