The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thelema

Salvia Bioassay Register

Guest Thelema

Is anyone interested in conducting a nationwide bioassay register on the salvia species?

Torsten, I know that you mentioned somewhere that you've bioassayed about 20 or so families in the species, and people here are writing in all the time about a new one they've tried.

I myself have actually stumbled on a species of Salvia that is strongly psychoactive (reports due soon). Next up i'm going to try salvia reflexa, common mint weed.

However, a co-ordinated effort would be much faster. Maybe a little page could be set up to enable people to register experiences on this species group. I suggest a dried leaf bioassy and a 5x bioassy for each.

In any case, I'm sure everyone will be interested with my forthcoming news about this new psychotropic salvia I've discovered.....

I am collecting any bioassays sent to me about anything, but I also have a special folder for salvias. The info can then be collated one day into a webpage.

A very effective way to store the information is to write it up in this forum! Make sure to get the spelling of the species right, preferably in the thread topic. That makes searching for it in the archives much more reliable. Any posts of bioassays that are of a substantial nature are archived!

Guest Zeus

Cant't wait for the report

[This message has been edited by Zeus (edited 11 March 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Alchemist (edited 30 April 2002).]

had the thought today wondering if analogue laws re sally dee could affect research on other salvias.the us effort on similarity to thujone could target many common herbs like common sage.surely this is totally impractical.

t s t .

Originally posted by t st tantra:

had the thought today wondering if analogue laws re sally dee could affect research on other salvias.

yes, this is most certainly possible. The federal analogues law is far reaching, usually covering up to 6 extensions of any one type and the combination thereof. I am really hopeless with terpene chemistry, so this would have to be someone else's field to research.

Guest DragonFyre

I know this has been mentioned before but what about a 'trip' report page or a discussion thread in the forums for this?

I think most newbies would find this of great interest and help (especially in preperation and administering doses) and also alot of people that just have never tried a certain something and wanna know the best way to get results

This could also greatly help anyone interested in doing any bioassay

also as was mentioned before about only using people sensitive to a particular chemical/plant - this isnt the right way to go about things... what about the people it doesnt affect? Im sure if there was a good chance it wasnt gonna work (salvia for instance) then I'd wanna know about it and if you want a truthful bioassay then this would also have to be included. Im not saying not to focus more on the people that do get results, but not to exclude those who dont. Everyone has a different body chemistry and you must expect varied results because we arent all the same

hell I know someone that went crazy just from smoking a lil pot!!

trip reports are great, but have legal implications, especially if the site also sells the product.

I can re-examine this now that SAB won't be selling any salvia consumables anymore.

Guest DragonFyre

has anyone experimented with Salvia Africana Blue Safari? (as the label states)

The flowers looked almost identical to those of Salvia.D which is why it caught my eye... eek.gif though the plant is very very sun hardened, very small leaves... but cant expect much more when its been left out in the middle of the qld summer sun

Guest Zeus

So, thelema, whens the report coming out?

Guest Zeus

Well if I gave someone who is not sensitive to salvinorin some SD, they would tell me it was crap. If there are enough of them the plant could be labelled as a dud. So I too think that sensitive people should be used, to get an initial positive result. Actually the best way would be for the guinea pig to state whether they are sensitive to SD or not.

Originally posted by DragonFyre:

also as was mentioned before about only using people sensitive to a particular chemical/plant - this isnt the right way to go about things... what about the people it doesnt affect? Im sure if there was a good chance it wasnt gonna work (salvia for instance) then I'd wanna know about it and if you want a truthful bioassay then this would also have to be included. Im not saying not to focus more on the people that do get results, but not to exclude those who dont. Everyone has a different body chemistry and you must expect varied results because we arent all the same

B]

Guest DragonFyre

Id be happy to volunteer as a guinea pig biggrin.gif

Zues, the point I was trying to make was to have a TRUTHFUL bioassay of a plant you cant only use people that are sensitive to it. Sure the effects would be more prominent and noticable but unless you use a varienty of people it wont be accurate

Im not saying not to focus more on those sensitive, just not to leave out those that arent!! Its pure logic people

There may be some compounds that would be more active in those people who are not sensitive to Salvia divinorum. If it were the deacetylated form that was active but the acetrylated form was present and inactive then someone who deacetylates slowly may get no effect.

Come to think of it, is there any evidence that salvinorin A is active at the unknown receptor rather than deacetylated to S B after a successful journey to the brain? I have assumed that a fast deacetylator will get less effect from Salvia because it is metabolised before it can cross the blood-brain barrier in sufficient quantities. Fast acetylation could be induced by taking acetylated compounds regularly. Aspirin is not safe for daily high dose use and heroin and acetyl-THC are illegal. Any other suggestions? Possibly frankincense tincture, though this has some strange psychoactivity of its own. Perhaps pickles would be effective. Any of you hardheads and sensitives care to comment on whether you eat a lot of pickles or take acetylated pharmaceuticals regularly?

Guest Thelema

I thought that the receptor site for SalvinorinA was the sigma receptors.

Originally posted by Thelema:

In any case, I'm sure everyone will be interested with my forthcoming news about this new psychotropic salvia I've discovered.....[/b]

Still interested! report still forthcoming?

Guest reville

c'mon Thelema

your just a big tease smile.gif

Awwww c'mon!

"Well if I gave someone who is not sensitive to salvinorin some SD, they would tell me it was crap. If there are enough of them the plant could be labelled as a dud. So I too think that sensitive people should be used, to get an initial positive result. Actually the best way would be for the guinea pig to state whether they are sensitive to SD or not."...

I'm extremely sensitive to Sally D. Last time I smoked some, which was one year ago and it was 5x extract, I saw C'tuluh appear inside of me in the shape of a giant cockroach...believe it or not...

I'd be willing to do some experiments...

to me SallyD is one substance I could NEVER get addicted to...

[This message has been edited by gomaos (edited 31 March 2002).]

C'tuluh eh? That's pretty damn heavy/intense.

As for test subjests, the best way is to use as big a test group as possible, made up of a random selection of population, which would include persons very sensitve to Sally Dee and person very immune to it and a range inbetween.